Match 48: Switzerland-Honduras Post Match (R)

Discussion in 'GROUP H: Spain, Switzerland, Honduras, Chile' started by Pichi, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    ----------------------------------------------

Switzerland 0:: 0 Honduras

This thread is neutral and strictly moderated.

Please take strongly partisan discussion to the
    team boards or to the World Rivalry board.

----------------------------------------------
    No Flames - No Trolls
    ----------------------------------------------​

2. PeanutFlush

PeanutFlush Member

Jul 8, 2009
    NoVa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't believe this ended 0-0, just watching the 2nd half. If either of these teams had a world class striker this would have been 3-0.

3. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Just wanted to chime in and say how proud I am of Honduras. They have persevered through all of their injury problems and problems with Rueda. They showed everyone why they belong in the cup today against the Swiss. Shame they couldn't put in a winner because they should have multiple times. Still I hope we see them again in 4 years.

Vamos Catrachos!

4. ridv34

ridv34 Member

Jul 20, 2007
    CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    As a Chilean, thank you Honduras.

5. puyol

puyol Member+

FC Barcelona
    Dec 24, 2009
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    honduras joins algeria as the only 2 teams that couldnt score a single goal in the worldcup

6. OrlandoEngelaar

Jul 19, 2008
    CA
    Honduras were missing key attackers and the Swiss just don't have the cutting edge.

7. Juanele

Juanele Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Colorado, US
    I echo the statements on wondering how this game ended 0-0.

One of the most entertaining 0-0 games I've seen.

8. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    PATHETIC Performance.

We already played bad against Chile but had the ref as an excuse. In this game however we have none and even got lucky that Honduras didn't put us away in the end. Why Nkufo keeps getting starts is beyond me (thankfully that was his last game ever!) and Yakin simply has to play more. Nobody can play the last pass like him.

Good luck to Spain and Chile. You deserved to move on.

9. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Supporting Chile, I say thank you Honduras.

But having the match on mute and only watching it, how did it end up 0-0. I really thought it might have an ending like the US v. Slovenia match.

10. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    HONDURAS, Great Job !!!!,

I wish I could have watched your game, but as you know I was watching the "other" game. With this result you also proved to everybody that you are also world class. If it had not been to the injuries of your top strikers, prior to the beginning of this WC, maybe we could have been talking about a diferent story. I hope you the best and I wish to see you again in another WC, since you deserve a better history to tell.:cool:

11. posteador

posteador Member+

Dec 29, 2006
    Lincoln, UK
    I knew Honduras could do it...bunker teams like Switzerland can't deal with it when they have to step up to the plate and take the initiative. I heard their youth are world champs...I hope they instill some freshness into them...I think they could be more dangerous if they where a bit more adventurous and offensive minded...

I'd go as far to say Honduras might have won had they not suffered so many injuries.

12. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    The basic premise of the Swiss attack was ludicrous--play a counterattacking style with a 35-year-old target striker leading the line.

Hitzfeld should find the nearest Alzheimer's clinic and the Swiss should push for entirely new blood in the Euro 2012 campaign.

13. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    But... but... people were saying that he's a genius a week ago.

14. chuckkf

chuckkf New Member

Jul 2, 2007
    Fort Worth TX USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank goodness we do not have to watch the pathetic Swiss in the knock out stages. Honduras should have won the game they had to much speed and were quicker on the ball than the Swiss unfortunately they just could not finish. How the Swiss were able to beat Spain is beyond me. The only thing I can think is Spain was not ready to play and thought it would be a cakewalk