Match 43: Denmark v. Japan :: Pre-match discussion

Discussion in 'GROUP E: Netherlands, Denmark, Japan, Cameroon' started by fireman451, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    Thursday, June 24, 2010
    Rustenburg

Denamark [​IMG] v [​IMG] Japan

Threads are usually closed at 500 posts - so expect new threads closer to the event. Moderators will try to close the thread at a logical transition point and will always provide a link to the most current thread.

2. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    Re: Match 43: Denmark v. Japan (Prematch)

Please make all your comments regarding this match here.

If we hit the magic 500 mark before the match, we'll open a new game thread.

Have fun!

3. Terry Gyimah

Terry Gyimah New Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Denmark have this game in the bag, there is absolutely no way that Denmark can lose against Japan, Denmark 4-1 victory against Japan, you heard it here first

4. faiyez

faiyez Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Costa Rica
    Club:
    LD Alajuelense
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Are you honestly that sure? What if you actually have to eat your own words later?

With such a statement, how can you expose yourself that much? Such comments that are so prone to ridicule!

5. foufou

foufou New Member

May 15, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    You can't assure that Denmark will beat Japan.
    May be Denmark will narrowly beat Japan 1-0.

6. sadas redded

sadas redded New Member

May 29, 2010
    Club:
    Al Khor SC
    Denmark will schol Japan.
    There is no way Japan can beat Denmark. The chance for Japan beating Denamrk is 0%.

7. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    The chance of the chance for Japan beating Denmark being 0% is 0%.

1 person likes this.
  8. BGADK

BGADK Member

Jun 6, 2009
    I agree with Maruti on this.

Nothing is sure in soccer - thats why its an interesting game. Nobody who has qualified for the World Cup should be taken lightly. Yes, there are favorites - but 100% sure victories before the 90 min? No way.
    Denmark should win over Japan, but by thinking it a sure thing, might just as well turn it into a defeat.
    Compared to other groups, I really think that this group is quite level. Nobody should fell safe, anybody has a real chance to win, even though Netherlands should be considered favorites, any of the rest 3 teams can win over any other, and Cameron and Denmark should have a real chance to defeat or at least draw the Netherlands.

I am ok with posters guessing, but saying that Japan has a 0% in this group, is a hubris.

9. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Don't get sucked into an argument with a sock. Like I explained earlier both the two newbies above who thought that japan was going to get mauled w
    Were profiles made by the same Korean person. Don't bother responding to their posts a mod will sooner or later red card their profiles.

10. salamilover

salamilover New Member

May 29, 2010
    Who knows, Denmark will beat 2-0.

11. salamilover

salamilover New Member

May 29, 2010
    Who cares about a sock! Just stick to Denmark vs Japan discussion!
    Japan has great chance to lose against Denmark.

12. turbogt redded

turbogt redded Red Card

May 29, 2010
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    :eek:
    Don't tell me that Japan is capable of beating Denmark.
    Japan is currently a weak donkey while Denmark is an energetic tiger or lion.

13. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    Even Vanuatu is capable of beating Denmark (meaning chances are above 0%). I think Denmark will win or draw, but its not like its mission impossible for Japan to win the match. Even moreso that in my opinion Japan has the best player from the two teams in Honda.

14. turbogt redded

turbogt redded Red Card

May 29, 2010
    Club:
    Bristol City FC
    We all know that nothing is impossible.
    However, according to the current status, Denmark is better team and is capable of beating Japan.

15. BGADK

BGADK Member

Jun 6, 2009
    I don't think Honda has the quality to win a space on the danish team. Christian Poulsen is a much better defensive midfielder, and in the creative positions Daniel Jensen, Thomas Kahlenberg, Jesper Grønkjær, Dennis Rommedahl are better. The future belongs to the young and very talented Christian Eriksen. Can't really see Honda besting any of them.

16. Maruti

Maruti New Member

May 14, 2006
    Honda isn't a DM. I understand your opinion, but as a non-party in this debate I stick with Keisuke Honda being the best player in both teams.

17. BGADK

BGADK Member

Jun 6, 2009
    I know, but one of the "Matches in the match" is going to be Honda against Christian Poulsen, with Poulsens job being removing Honda from the japanese forward going game. So we will be seeing a direct match between those two. My guess is, that Poulsen will be the best.

18. fireman451

fireman451 Member+

Jun 26, 2002
    The Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    Well, this match will be the deciding game on who will advance to the knock out rounds.

This is lining up to be a very entertaining game!

19. Kappa74

Kappa74 Member+

Feb 2, 2010
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nippon 2-1. Denmark wins in the air, but the little guys give a lesson in precision passing.

20. dundermifflininc

Jun 19, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't see Japan winning this one. Denmark has momentum going into this one, and Japan doesn't. Denmark is just too skilled to be beaten by Japan. The two Japan matches I saw, I wasn't very impressed.

21. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Cameroon deserved to beat Denmark last game really, not about possession but about clear-cut chances that they fcuked up. The Danes struggle when their backline is pressured on the ball, not only the goal but several chances this tournament against them have been due to this.

1-0 Japan i'm tentatively going to say. If Denmark get a goal it'll be only from a set piece then maybe 1-1. Either way, Japan will defend and attack cautiously but relatively effectively.

22. fdddddd

fdddddd New Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Denmark is going to win it.

23. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    As we saw in the match against Cameroon, then the Danish problem is that Bendtner, Kjær and some of the usual regulars in midfield (Kahlenberg , Jacob Poulsen) are not match fit, due to injuries... and neither is Daniel Jensen ... fortunately Bendtner is still able to show his worth, dispite his questionable form, but it's a problem for Denmark that so many players are not really match fit. Because of this, Denmark looked terrible in central midfield against Cameroon, which was the reason why the defense looked bad.

Kjær is out, but as written, he has been injured, which has shown to some extend in the two first games, so it will probably be an improvement that Per Krøldrup is taking his place, since Krøldrup is more experienced and in top shape.

24. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    So far the danish players are having a good time in South Africa :D :

[​IMG]

...while the Danish NT coach was far from happy with the sloppy passing in midfield, after the Cameroon match :

[​IMG]

25. Ceres

Ceres Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Aarhus, Denmark
    Club:
    AGF Aarhus
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    The Japanese strikes again... trying to sing the official Danish WC-86 song 'Re-sepp-ten' in Danish :D :
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-eAhyMi54c"]YouTube- Re-sepp-ten feat. Vanilla Beans - Vi er røde, vi er hvide[/ame]

... the original with Frank Arnesen (now Director of Football at Chelsea) as one of the lead singers :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=YqysBSRmShw

Denmark bow respectfully and say thanks to our Japanese Roligans who support Denmark all the way at the World Cup in south Africa... :D :
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgbSJC-KEcM"]YouTube- Wakayama Roligans support Denmark[/ame]