Match #42 - Canada v. Morocco

Discussion in 'Group F - Belgium, Canada, Morocco, Croatia' started by soccernutter, Nov 3, 2022.

1. Felix Herve Caroll

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ivory Coast
    Congrats Morocco !!!

monster- exodia and pogoss repped this.
  2. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Epic, I hope you guys spank Spain. Still wish we (Netherlands) had Ziyech and Mazraoui, those two are legit!

monster- exodia and pogoss repped this.
  3. Jon Stakes

Jon Stakes Member+

Egypt
    Nov 18, 2022
    Unlike many other players out there Ziyech always first and foremost wanted to play for Morocco, so it wasn't a second choice thing. I believe Mazraoui is the same.

I know Hakimi was the same. For whatever reason they feel more Moroccan than where they were raised.

4. pogoss

pogoss Member

Wydad Casablanca
    Morocco
    Jan 15, 2017
    Japan
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Morocco
    They did it but they really stressed me in the 2nd half, that own goal they conceded changed their attitude and they decided to leave the possession to Canada.
    1st time CAF sends 2 teams to the 1/8
    hope Ghana joins the party !

5. pogoss

pogoss Member

Wydad Casablanca
    Morocco
    Jan 15, 2017
    Japan
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Morocco
    they were celebrating the draw between belgium and croatia, that game ended before ours

6. DutchFanatic

DutchFanatic Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Dec 23, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Actually not true. Ziyech wanted to play for the Netherlands and was already selected for the Netherlands, even accepted the invite and came out to the trainings. However he got injured before the game and after that got into a fight with the coach and then went to Morocco. We've all seen how fiery Ziyech is when he feels wronged. But his initial intention was to play for the Netherlands.

Mazraoui is different, he played for the Moroccan youth teams and always wanted to play for Morocco.

Jon Stakes repped this.