Match 33|Mexico vs. Uruguay|22-06-10|Post-match [R]

Discussion in 'GROUP A: South Africa, Mexico, Uruguay France' started by os_mutante, Jun 22, 2010.

1. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Uruguay noma! Uruguay que no ni no!

Uruguay to the round of 16!

3. moonrocks

moonrocks Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    mexico was never going to win with guille and cuah starting. with them starting our attack was toothless. then to make matters worse we sub our best player for barrera. idk wtf he was thinking. aguirre is a very stubborn coach, he most likely just cost us our way to the quarter finals.

4. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Both teams though...the Americas are doing well...

5. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    That happened to Mexico due to lack of serious competition in tournaments that matter.

Some day you guys gotta leave CONCACAF and move South where real football is played.

6. thedesertfox

thedesertfox New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    First of all, I would like to say that Aguirre is a dumb f*cking troll. Takes out Guardado who was by far the one doing the most work. Then he lets Guille Franco stay in the whole game knowing how shit he is and has been. Now you are playing with 2 center forwards something that hasn't been done before. To top it off, he sends Marquez back and he puts Castro in his position as defensive midfielder. With this change I knew he had given up all hope. Oh, and then Rodriguez misses that clear header which I thought was comical. No wonder we couldn't do anything, they had 12 men on their side.

No. You don't know what you are saying.

7. Killboard

Killboard Member

Sep 5, 2005
    Bolivar, Montevideo
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    We lacked 20 years of good coaching, I understand you. Good luck with Argies.
    I suppose we are growing, this team can play another WC yet.

8. MachoRhombus

MachoRhombus Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Dear Uruguay:

If you ever wonder why the world sees you as a dirty team, don't complain, the amount of dives and Lugano's fouls made this look like we were having a ballet recital instead of a soccer match.

Sincerely, México.

Why would someone put Chicharito in just to pull the mark on Guille? the guy can't finish for his life and Castro told him what everyone here was thinking, Guille, please stop making excuses.

We were heartless on the pitch today, really bad showing by our team today.

9. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Aguirre was playing for a tie... when you were already down 1-0.

What a clown.

10. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Uruguay did its job, and though there were a few defensive scares, that was due to Godin not being there. We had a lot of opportunities and so did Mexico, but the btter team won :D

Good luck to Mexico in the round of 16! Hoping that Argentina ties agaisnt Greece so we get to face them.

11. J mann

J mann Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Blanco vs. Messi

12. moonrocks

moonrocks Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    nah it was more aguirres fault than anything. he made some stupid moves that cost us the game. just like 2002.

13. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    No, not really.

We world is commenting that it was a nice looking match, specially in the first half.

No seas mal perdedor, hombre.

14. Syko

Syko New Member

Oct 2, 2005
    I'm not sure what Aguirre was trying to do by starting Blanco and Franco, is he still hoping that Franco will score? really?

15. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    Really? I did not see one foul by Uruguay with bad intention. They were all tactical fouls and there were not many. When Uruguay slid, it got the ball EVERY time. Uruguay didn't dive. And did you see the blood on Diego Perez's face? And the tackle against him at the end?
    Mexico was 400 times more dirty than Uruguay.

16. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Yeah like you're going to become World Champs by beating Panama and Haiti.

Your team has regressed. Four years ago you'd have beaten this Uruguay.

17. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Congrats to Uruguay, you guys did what you had to.

I am really friggin pissed off right now knowing that we could've done a better job if it wasn't for Aguirre practically giving the game to Uruguay from the start.

18. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Really Aguirre?! If Blanco or Franco would of been taken off Barrera could of made more chances then he did. Blanco and Franco clogged up the middle slow old bastards.

Now we have to play the Argies and theyre ridiculous attack, If we were burned by the Uruguayans like that, then the Argies are going to skin us alive, and then burn us alive.

THANKS AGUIRRE!!!!!!!!

19. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    this is 100% right. mexico lost the plot at the end and was getting rough.

forlan was just joking around with torrado and the other mexicans were flipping out, then there was a malicious foul on el ruso perez.

mexico tried to win this game and couldn't, and lost their cool.

20. thedesertfox

thedesertfox New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    We also participate in Copa America and do fairly well most of the time in case you didn't know by this time. So we compete in South America and in the North and Central American tournaments.

21. MachoRhombus

MachoRhombus Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lugano bitch slapped everyone in the small area, yet he didn't had a yellow card in the whole match, Chicharito does the same once on OUR area and he gets the card, nice stuff.

Perdimos por el parado tactico de Aguirre, querer hacerle su homenaje a Cuauhtemoc y mantener al Guille como punta aún cuando ya teníamos a Chicharito en el campo nos mando mucho a la chingada, Uruguay se plantó muy bien y merecidamente ganó pero México esta para mucho mas.

22. Syko

Syko New Member

Oct 2, 2005
    I'm not sure what worries me more, knowing Argentina comes next or that Aguirre will start Franco again.

23. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Maybe Aguirre wanted to face Argentina next, you know, para saldar viejas deudas.

24. MachoRhombus

MachoRhombus Member

Nov 17, 2009
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Lugano, Lugano and Lugano, the amount of things he did and how they were not marked was extremely high. In final 15 minutes Uruguay showed their "garra charrua" by falling by every.single.touch, Diego Perez tryied to touch the ball AND give Guardado a memento, it backfired when he was the on who got the worse part, he didn't even touched Guardado's elbow.

Disclaimer: I'm not saying that because of that Uruguay won, they had a better tactical approach that Mexico and deservely won after our team showed no heart. Good luck to Uruguay nonetheless, America > the rest of the world.

25. thedesertfox

thedesertfox New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    What also worries me is if Rodgriguez will decide to play for the other team next time around as well.