Match 29: Brazil Cote x d'Ivoire Post Game

Discussion in 'GROUP G: Brazil, North Korea, Ivory Coast, Portuga' started by Ombak, Jun 20, 2010.

1. navijacica

navijacica Member

Jun 15, 2010
    that. maicon is surely fast enough

2. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    BS decisions going in favor of Brazil is something the rest of us have experienced at one time or another. Add to that their usual talent and it makes them pretty much unstoppable. Only Maradona and Zidane have beaten Brazil the last 20 years. It takes those kind of players, thanks to FIFA.

3. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, a Brazilian agrees with my assessment of the first half.

You missed out on a lot of those crappy passes, and concentrated only on the goals. No problem!

4. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This is not the tone of post we expect in a WC forum. Disagree with Asa? Then cut the lols, make your argument and move on. Otherwise expect posts to get deleted or infracted (this is a general point to everyone in WC forums). Also good advice for WC forums - posts with LOL and trash-talking should not be replied to at all.

This is not a comment on whether your argument is right or wrong, but advice to all that this tone is for other forums, not for the WC forums here at bigsoccer.

5. kwame_tdot

kwame_tdot Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Luis Fabiano did what he had to do to score the 2nd goal.

The ref was an absolute prick for joking with LF about the handball. That was horrible. To see the handball(s) and not call is one thing, but to joke with the player AFTER allowing an incorrect goal and then make it obvious to the world that you missed a handball....that is criminal

6. garogaro

garogaro New Member

Jun 15, 2010
    Quick question to anyone who knows the rules of football. If a ref asked a player if he touched the ball with his hands before scoring and he lies, just like Fabiano did, can he be suspended by the FIFA post match or sanctioned in some way for it?

7. navijacica

navijacica Member

Jun 15, 2010
    I gave you concrete statistics. Only elano is at 50% lucio missed only 2

8. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Good news: Elano standing in an interview saying he's ok and is confident he will play against Portugal.

9. fairwitness

fairwitness New Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Club:
    12 de Octubre
    Precisely.

There would have been zero contact without Kaka's hand being up???
    If you have access to a replay, please watch it. It would have been impossible for there NOT to be any contact, short of Kaka diving out of the way. In fact, Kaka was facing in a direction that was perpendicular to the line Keita was taking towards him. If Kaka hadn't put an arm out, the mpact probably would have been Keita's chest or shoulder into Kaka's upper back.

Kaka did absolutely nothing wrong, in the context of that incident at least. The replay says it all.

10. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The problem is that too often the passes in the final third were bad early in the game (when Brazil might have created chances behind CIV's defense by spreading things wide) and some of the passes that count as completed were easily lost shortly after being completed.

11. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, I'm talking about those crucial midfield passes. I saw Bastos miss too many to count. Statistics? Were you watching the game, or taking someone else's observations as your own? Come on now, bro.

12. navijacica

navijacica Member

Jun 15, 2010
    "son", statistics are only concrete way to make an argument. Not very useful, I agree, but only resource that is objective and is not only about subjective opinions. Son ... i know a "little" to much about argument to call me son :p

13. Sranang

Sranang Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Suriname
    Dude puhlease.

First of artistry doesn't win games. Good strategy does.

And as a supporter of Hollad I know you can not be talking about the current Dutch squad. LOL

BTW if teams play bunker ball you have to adjust your tactics so that yopu are not vulnerable to the counter.

Let's see how far the "artistic" Spain & Argintina will get, than we can discuss further.

Incidently Brasil beit this "artistic" Argentina in Argentina and the "artisitic" Spain got beaten by USA & Switzerland.

14. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ombak hits it on the nail. Yes, that was what I saw, too. Is it just me, or was Bastos the main perp on this issue, Ombak?

15. navijacica

navijacica Member

Jun 15, 2010
    possession by some players I agree was terrible. Kaka and Bastos come to mind ... but passes were very very accurate

16. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Excuse me, RB.reason why he was chosen over Alves, just better at the position overall. He's stronger too. might have brought Alves' confidence down by the way he was playing when he was subbed in.At least he's got a shot in playing midfield.

I've Seen a lot of BS calls this World Cup,its usual. But that won't get in the way of enjoying that Fabiano goal.

Both teams were friendly with each other after the match, despite the tough play.

17. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Early on Bastos missed two good opportunities to reach a ball that was switched from the right to the left that might have allowed him to run to the touchline or cut inside and put in a cross, shot or pass. So yes he was one.
    And Kaka was poor on keeping possession as both of you seem to agree now that we get to the details of the plays. Although a lot of times to me the problem was that once the ball was lost it was often more easily recovered by CIV than by Brazil, something that should be our forte.

18. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kaka did nothing to warrant the red card. Ivory Coast constantly fouled in the late stages, clearly not attempting to play the ball. Several studs up challenges that were dangerous. Dunga needed to show more composure though. He did nothing but fan the flames. Kaka was sitting on a yellow and with all the chippy play should have been subbed out. The second Fabiano goal should have been called back. He settled the ball with his hand.

I was really disappointed with Ivory Coast. They seemed to lack drive or urgency. This Cup hasn't been kind to African sides.

19. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You can win the tournament and play beautifully at the same time. Brazil proved this many times in the past, as did Argentina, France and the Netherlands. Spain did it too two years ago, and at club level, Barcelona the season before last.

20. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This probably makes Ivorians and North Koreans as happy as it does Brazilians.

21. Asalieri

Asalieri Member+

Jun 29, 2004
    Mesa, Arizona
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    more accurately, the African sides haven't been kind to this cup. Very sloppy teams this year from CAF. Ghana only has points because they had PK's. It seems that's the only way they can score, so far. They need to train to not aim at the moon when kicking, or running until they run out of space to run and then stopping, which CIV did a few times today...

22. navijacica

navijacica Member

Jun 15, 2010
    I don't see THIS Brazil retaking possession easily. Untill they have strong lead they play very carefully and every attempt to retake a lost ball is always also a chance for the player who has the ball to pass you without real effort. Something THIS Brazil is not very fond off

23. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Every time Brazil played beautifully though it was within a very strong, disciplined system. Also, many times in 1970 they had less possession than their opponents until late in the game (similar in that respect to today's Brazil).

Don't underestimate Brazil's tactical intelligence and fitness. We introduced the 4-2-4, attacking fullbacks, made great use of defensive wingers, fit several geniuses into one midfield and made it work. But people often overlook the hows and whys that allow our individuals to shine on the big stage.

24. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    As long as they are coached by European rejects, they will continue to underwhelm.

25. The_ChelseaSupporter

Mar 25, 2007
    Olympia, WA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They need African coaches who actually know the players. Most of their poor results have come down to poor coaching from their European managers.