Match 21 | Germany vs. Serbia | 18.06.2010 | Post-Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'GROUP D: Germany, Australia, Serbia, Ghana' started by Caesar, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Naykd

Naykd New Member

Jun 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    It was definitely a good game to watch - it was exciting and also controversial (with 10 yellow cards in the game).

Germany were unlucky not to have scored that equaliser (since I was in the bar full of German supporters they began celebrating when they were awarded the penalty). Serbia played decent attacking football which got them that first goal even though Germany were a man down at that time.

You could tell they were lacking that extra man as everytime when they went into Serbia's penalty box there were just Serbian defenders all around them - had Klose not been sent off he would've made a difference I think.

Anyway,

[​IMG]

2. Conifeertje

Conifeertje Member

Apr 29, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The Hand ball has the incredible foul stench of gambling maffia influence written all over it. There just isn't a single rational explanation I can think of. What are the odds of 2 almost identical very dubious hand ball situations in 2 consecutive games by one team? The first one seemed strange but somewhat plausible, this one just looks like a bad actor trying to influence the result. No defender in the right mind even at an amateur team handles a ball like that in the penalty area.

It pains me to say but i suspect foul play here.

As for the rest of the game. Pretty entertaining. The Serbs really knew how to knock out the German build up, especially the midfield. Overall i still think the Germans showed character and deserved a draw at least. The red card for Klose actually seemed to result in a NoX injection for the german team. Big opportunities for both sides, finishing failing miserably.
    Hope this results puts the 4-0 result against Australia in perspective though, don't think any team at this WC deserves to be hyped yet. Oh well tourney really starts 2nd round anyway.

3. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
  4. KaNgArOoS

KaNgArOoS Member

Mar 23, 2007
    Goodison Park
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Wow was this game terrible. Not match but the referee! I was hoping the Germans would tie it up because they got robbed! This ref was insane! And I thought the red on Cahill was bad... poor Klose.:(

5. Potash

Potash Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Congratulations Serbia. Even before the red card, you were the better team.
    I think Germany did well in the second half.

6. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wouldn't call Ghana beating Germany exceptional.

7. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Klose deserved the send off...and I love it for what he got away with against Abbondanzieri in 06.

8. teccomin

teccomin Member

Aug 5, 2006
    I like how when Poldi scores, he is Polish, and when he misses, he is not Polish anymore :D

9. Sarmao's

Sarmao's New Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Klose was doing a lot of stupid stuff before he got that red card, he tackled Ivanovic early in the game and only got off with a warning then he shot the ball into Serbia's net well after the ref blew for offside. He was just all over the place but not in a good way.

10. kibernaut

kibernaut New Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Belgrade
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Guy who wrote this article doesn't know a thing about fixing football matches. I mean to risk career by fixing world cup match watched by billion people? Yeah right.

11. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Well of course Fifa itself is a corupt organisation - so I am not sure that flies.

And in other sports (notably cricket) this has happened at the highest level.

But was he really trying to concede a peno - looked more like he was trying to get away with something

12. Andy Bulldog

Andy Bulldog Member

Dec 17, 2007
    Alabama
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didnt get to watch this match. Sorry for the loss though. I was pulling for Germany.

13. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Reason? Both teams didn't create any serious scoring opportunity until that moment with Germany having more possession.

14. German_Fan

German_Fan New Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    We'll meet Argentina again and we'll beat you Argies 3-0

15. Bloody_Mary

Bloody_Mary New Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Moscow, Russia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Did you notice that Podolski kept smiling during the end of the game :confused:.
    Was it because of his irony of how unlucky he is or just nervous laughing

Either way he must be quite well managed to hide his emotions as I hope he do realize that the outcome of game is mostly due to his bad performance :cool:

16. Mosan

Mosan Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Munich
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The later version. He is that type of guy. More so I am not sure he is aware of the concept of irony.

17. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Keep dreaming. This time Argentina is going to unleash Messi on your overrated asses, you'll never know what hit you.

18. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Are your bitter players going to try and attack us after this match too? Just curious.

19. SerbianInFlorida

SerbianInFlorida New Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    it's hard to explain to people here in America what a big deal this victory against Germany is. Just take a look at this Youtube video of the Serbs during and after the game:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdjVUBecn8Y"]YouTube- Victory in Serbia over Germany Pobeda Srbije Protiv Nemacke i slavlje u Beogradu[/ame]

20. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Trolls are officially warned.

21. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
  22. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I have been in Belgrade these past 2 weeks, and will be here until 16th of August. I WENT crazy after we scored... watched it in a kafana.. man that victory was so.. you can't begin to describe the feeling.

After so many years...

23. SerbianInFlorida

SerbianInFlorida New Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd

Me to, I was jumping up and down! It was amazing! Hope we don't disappoint against Australia!

24. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If you had your way that could get interesting.... ;)

25. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I know lots of serbs...I know how it was for them. To be honest I didn't feel bad knowing the relief for you guys.