Match 21 | Germany vs. Serbia | 18.06.2010 | Post-Match Thread [R]

Discussion in 'GROUP D: Germany, Australia, Serbia, Ghana' started by Caesar, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    ----------------------------------------------

Germany 0 :: 1 Serbia

This thread is neutral and strictly moderated.

Please take strongly partisan discussion to the
    team boards or to the World Rivalry board.

----------------------------------------------
    No Flames - No Trolls
    ----------------------------------------------​

2. vhatever

vhatever Red Card

Jun 16, 2010
    USA
    Re: Match 21 | Germany vs. Serbia | 18.06.2010 | Match Thread [R]

Worst officiated match I've seen in a decade.

3. kasaki

kasaki Member

Feb 22, 2009
    U.S.A
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    9 Cards ? some deserved some undeserved imo. The Red Card was harsh for me. And wth is wrong with serbia and hand balls? do they just want to gift other teams world cups?

4. 1a Schnitzel

1a Schnitzel Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nothing is lost ... I hope! :cool:

5. Et3rnal L1ght

Et3rnal L1ght New Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Vietnam
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Vietnam
    If things keep going like this, this year's 1/8 round is gonna be the most exciting ever with Brazil vs Spain and Germany vs England ;)

6. teccomin

teccomin Member

Aug 5, 2006
    This is all in the plan :D Come in second, beat a beatable England in round of 16 and avoid Argentina in the Quarter Finals.

7. Zaknaf3in

Zaknaf3in Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Berlin
    In the end, this ref just was a really bad bad joke.

I am totally gutted, but very proud of this young German team. Better team, really good fighting spirit, Serbs just held a 1:0 with 12 men against 10 German -congrats.

Bad decision to take off Özil, though.
    Without his passes, Cacau and Lahm had to be playmaker, which they just can't. Also, without his killerpasses, no situations which will end in serbian defenders fouling (all 4 had (partly ridiculous) yellows as well!).

Oh well - I like our chances against Ghana, anyway - and I love the team.

Go Germany!

8. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    Muahaha, suckers! Now all you Germans must cheer for Australia to win!

Seriously, your goal difference is still awesome. It would take something exceptional for you to not top the group still.

9. $crooge

$crooge Member

Jun 2, 2004
    Mainz, Germany
    Club:
    FSV Mainz 05
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well deserved loss. Yes, they didn't play that bad, but they lacked precision and seemed a bit sloppy at times.

We can't blame it on the referee - but still that clown of a referee was horrible. He apparently thought he was the star of the match. Awful.

10. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow! What a game - loads of goal mouth action, a sending off, a missed penalty, but unbelievably only one goal. Incredible stuff really. Just a quick question - it is against the rules for defenders to punch the ball with their hands in the box in the Serbian first division right?

11. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    germany cannot blame the ref. podolski missed about 5 clear chances including a penalty. should have been subbed off. no player is mentally right after missing a pen.

stupid decision to take of ozil, even dumber to bring on gomez, the biggest donkey

12. DC in SC

DC in SC New Member

Sep 23, 2009
    SC, USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Podolski looked off the whole game, plenty of chances to score but no finish. He alone could have insured a 3-1 win.

Horrible officiating, calls everything in the 1st half and adopts a "let em' play" attitude in the 2nd. No consistency at all in the calls.

13. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Congrats Serbia.

14. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Member+

Aug 19, 2005
    Germany
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Germany beating themselves only. Referee was kind of a joke though but over the course of the game he didn't even matter that much anymore as Germany had enough chances to at least tie this game with 10 men. However idiotic substitutions cost this game. Unbelieveable that Podolski was allowed to shoot the pen. Deeply disappointing with Schweinsteiger here, he is supposed and claimed to be the boss but he lets the chicken that fired anywhere but nowhere near the goal shhot the pen. Loew messed around big time with not bringing Cacau early in the 2nd half and as he subbed him in he made the fundamental mistake and changed him for Ozil giving Cacau the role of carrying the ball in midfield. Thank you Loew and Podolski I'm now so furious that I rather see this team fyling home in order of Loew getting sacked

15. 1a Schnitzel

1a Schnitzel Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Lisboa
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    We can argue about everything but that is a tiny bit too harsh.

16. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    totally agree the young germans showed character and if Podolski had put his pk away they might have even won it

they still rely in themselves against Ghana and the 4 goals they got against australia will probably come in handy

17. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    MOTM: Miloš Krasić.

He basically molested Badstuber for 60 minutes.

18. Stric_Matic

Stric_Matic Member

Slovenia
    Jan 26, 2010
    Ljubljana, Slovenia
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Just wanna point this out again - this is the FOURTH hand-ball penalty Serbia have given away in the last 2 World Cups. 2 against Ivory Coast in '06, and against both Ghana and Germany this year. FOUR, this has got to be the weirdest piece of World Cup trivia ever :confused:

19. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Well, at least they already got them out of their system.

20. $crooge

$crooge Member

Jun 2, 2004
    Mainz, Germany
    Club:
    FSV Mainz 05
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, maybe I expected too much after the Australia game. But you know, that game was one of the best of a German squad in recent years while today's match reminded me of the typical German sloppiness of some years ago. A lot of missed passes and horrible crosses and also a couple of awful performances in 1on1 situations.

I guess you can blame it on the lack of experience. Most of our young players are really inconsistent on club level, one game they rock the next one they don't. This is what happened here imho.

21. M.O.T

M.O.T Member

May 9, 2008
    Ref was a joke, but still good game Serbia (barely)

22. navijacica

navijacica Member

Jun 15, 2010
    try confidence and being scarred of you.

Very bad game by both teams, Germany as I predicted is not as good as it seemed vs Australia

23. polska26

polska26 Member

Feb 20, 2008
    depends what happens tomorrow if Ghana beat Australia it is very possible Germany might be out in first round thats unbelievable

24. Tori Maximus

Tori Maximus Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Europe
    Club:
    AS Roma
    No matter if the ref was a joke or not, Germany blew it when Podolski missed that penalty, and several chances.

Maybe the reffing wasn't the most stellar, but the ref isn't to blame for Germany's loss.

25. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Surprisingly, at this point Maradona's Argentina seems the scariest proposition.

Who knew.