Match #11 vs Vancouver Whitecaps p/i/p

Discussion in 'St Louis FC' started by time4wine, Jun 21, 2010.

1. BDK8403

BDK8403 New Member

Apr 9, 2010
    St.Louis
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just saying neither of those things were our fault or our people doing that shit in section 19. one of our guys got head butted for no reason, def not cool...

Secondly, the only thing i wanna say about the cursing, is i would love for these people to go see a game in europe, bc they are about 10 times worse than we could ever be.....

2. StlSpursFan

StlSpursFan Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Da 314
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Umm yeah. agreed. I really don't see what the problem is. Yeah theres swearing but its a damned sporting event. There is just as bad language in 12 year old church soccer. Honestly to the guy arguing that its being a bad fan because its gonna keep away a family of four, i say piss off. For the last 40 years American soccer has been geared towards "family fun" and it got us no where. Nobody wanted to watch and the only people wanting to play were kids. Now look at the most successful markets of soccer in North America and they're generally where the atmosphere is more authentic, call it euro/southamerican snob whatever I dont give a ********, its real soccer. Young people and drunks are who should be at soccer games. And if you can't explain that a word is bad to your kid then stay home and buy them a team ball. rant over

3. VFL Wolfsburg

VFL Wolfsburg New Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Club:
    VfL Wolfsburg
    You are clueless! Show me one 12 year old's soccer game that has someone yelling F***uck into a bullhorn! And your comment about " young people and drunks are who should be at soccer games" is absolutely hillarious! Come on, man. That is crazy talk. I guess throwing smoke bombs on the field was cool too, eh?

4. KyleScarborough

KyleScarborough New Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a balanced issue and can be handled as such.

Cussing and drinking and yelling and all that? Yes, it happens, and no, I will not apologize for it.

BUT, difference is that it's kept in our area. If you don't want to be a part of that DON'T SIT BY IT.

That said, yelling it into a bullhorn DOES spread it farther, and I do agree that should be kept under control.

And throwing shit on the field is ignorant as hell. Luckily the pricks doing that shit never make themselves accountable.

5. StlSpursFan

StlSpursFan Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Da 314
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Obviously there aren't men with bullhorns at 12 year old games, other than tom green (youtube). Seriously kids cuss more than you realize. They have the internet to figure shit out if they haven't already seen it on tv. For real its much better for a parent to be there and explain something. The smoke bombs on the field are ok, in certain circumstances. I mean not all game long, but if someone throws one after a big goal than I'm ok with it. The ones thrown at the game were inappropriate. Look I have no problem with parents and children and what not, but this is ********in america. let me do my thing and you do yours.

6. KyleScarborough

KyleScarborough New Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Washington, MO
    Club:
    St. Louis Lions
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with you to an extent until you posted that.

If by "do your thing" you mean act like a jackass because it's "supposed" to happen at matches then no, it's not gonna go over well at all, dude.

We're talking about having fun and people understanding what we do, not perpetuating a stereotype.