MASL Attendance 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by kenntomasch, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Midwest
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watch the X-League championship game to see what the Family Arena looks like with 7,000 people in it in St. Charles a sub of St. Louis.

http://www.xleaguefootball.com/videos/

Just go there and watch a kick off after the first touchdown or second touchdown. Look for the 2014 championship game.

SteveCo repped this.
  2. The Stever

The Stever Member

Dec 4, 2003
    But Kenn, Detroit went ROUGE. You can't overlook that key point!

For what it's worth, the Memphis Storm thought about going Rouge, then instead decided to go Rogue. In fact, they went Rogues. And that lastest what, 5 games before the owners bailed?

3. mng146

mng146 Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    #253 mng146, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
    That sort of already happened. See the aforementioned Lancers/Knights mini-game. The mini would have at least wound up tied and gone to golden goal with the 'other system' in place, instead of the Lancers winning outright on a major fluke. But they do get to go on the road and face the Blast as a reward, who they're 0-17 lifetime against. They would have been better off losing.

Tommy Tanner loves MPS by the way. Or perhaps he used to :x3:.

4. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    Agreed.

I like MPS. I think indoor soccer needs gimmicks like that to compete in the marketplace. But if a majority goes for SPS, so be it. Not the worst decision to make.

Splitting MPS and SPS so fans are confused and stats are meaningless? That's the worst decision to make.

SteveCo, KidFlash and CometsFan repped this.
  5. NSL2004

NSL2004 Member+

Jul 23, 2002
    Why can't we just watch the Ambush games from this year where they announced 7,000?

Tugboat and SteveCo repped this.
  6. Scooge

Scooge Member+

Jun 20, 2007
    Big Sky Country
    Club:
    Portland MLS
    Lancers @ Blast game tonight (Wednesday) draws 5,544 to the Royal Farms Arena.

7. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All the goals were worth one point, so that's kinda like a rouge.

The Stever and Beau Dure repped this.
  8. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Translation (according to those in the 585 area code): You HATE MPS and you're a big HATER.

KidFlash and mng146 repped this.
  9. mng146

mng146 Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Rochester, NY
    They say that in the 315 area code too. You can't separate the two either. Anybody who thinks otherwise is an
    uber HATER!

Indoor Soccer is a gimmick itself anyway, and a gimmick always needs a gimmick.

10. Scott717257

Scott717257 Member

Nov 28, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    #260 Scott717257, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
    MPS, love it, hate it, or don't care, does offer more, you can call it excitment or outcomes, than SPS. 1-1 in SPS is 1-1, traditional and basic soccer sure. But in MPS, 1-1 could be many different combos and a team could lose a game 1-1 essentially. That's no gimmick, that's hard fact.

Now, the debate is not gimmick, it's does MPS provide more excitement? Or does it just provide more outcomes and take away too much from traditional soccer? That's up to you, but gimmick I disagree with calling it that.

And also, not to get to deep or anything here, but what exactly is the arguement for "it makes the game more exciting"? What excitment does it bring SPS doesn't? Besides outcomes? I've read and heard the word used a lot by the fans of MPS, and I just never actually heard what excitment it brings. For instance let's say, it's 1-1 but really 3-2 MPS: Is a team playing with a 6th attacker more exciting than say 5 on 5? Is a team playing a defensive shell with all men back against a team playing 5/6-man attacks more exciting than back-and-forth action? Is deciding a winner 1-1 more exciting than going to sudden death OT and than possibly shoot-outs?

I wish Tommy or Sam posted, because I really like to know their definition of "excitment" when they describe it for MPS and how they feel to the above scenarios.