Maryland gets no respect

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by Dsocc, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Dsocc

Dsocc Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Boy, talk about no respect. Soccer America's Pre- season Top 25 doesn't even contain a whiff of Maryland. At least the NSCAA poll puts them at 10th.
    Even more painful, Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Sasho's prior program gets a nod in the Top 20. Although I'm no huge fan of the Terps, Soccer America can do better than this. I seem to recall that this is why I cancelled my subscription (Paul Gardner helped a good bit too).

2. sandman012

sandman012 Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Providence
    Wasn't Sasha's prior program the University of Hartford?

I had the honor of being yelled at by him when he was there.

3. Dsocc

Dsocc Member

Feb 13, 2002
    Re: Re: Maryland gets no respect

He was at Milwaukee before that.

4. terp fan

terp fan New Member

Nov 21, 2000
    Respect has to be earned and frankly we haven't earned much over the past two seasons. That all changes starting this weekend with a healthy team. This season will be the first time Sasho has had all the weapons he recruited available since the 1999 team.
    Just a note, only the coaches poll (NSCAA) matters not the hundreds of media polls that are simply beauty contests.

5. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Just to be clear, Sasho played at Wisconsin-Milwaukee and then was an assistant there. After a couple of seasons, he became head coach at Hartford then went to Maryland. He was never the head coach at UW-M.

6. jmsdoc

jmsdoc Member

Jun 25, 2000
    The Valley
    As always, Sandon with the definitive word. Looking foward to watching the Twerps this weekend. Agree that they should do quite well this year.

John

7. FIXXXER

FIXXXER New Member

Feb 16, 2001
    Hotlanta, GA
    UM

The Title of this thread...

"Maryland gets no respect"

...and you can believe they've earned that distinction

8. expert

expert New Member

Oct 16, 2000
    Philly
    nscaa poll has always been the least accurate followed by soccer america. soccertimes poll is done by a large # of coaches from around the country and is more likely to be a reflection of the real thing. the nscaa poll is a coaches poll but is affected by having to have teams from all regions represented.
    btw, maryland deserves to be in all of them despite their underacheiving years of late

9. TexanSoccer06

TexanSoccer06 New Member

Soccer America polls have always been bunk IMHO.
    GO TERPS!