Marseille's 1993 CL win may be revoked

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by Cassano, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jan21d.html

No one heard about this? A midfielder that played on Marseille in the 1993 CL final against Milan has said that all of the players were taking doping products in the final, except for Rudi Voller. If Milan's lawyers look into this, that trophy could be their's.

2. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    Hmm, well, I can't say I'm surprised, Bernard Tapie, OM's president was/is a notorious crook, and I think doping was common at the time...
    And the treatment Marseille's defenders gave to Van Basten wasn't exactly "fair-play" neither...

3. L'OM15

L'OM15 New Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Hamden, CT
    I though technically Marseille already were "stripped" of the trophy? Who cares. Everyone remembers that they won it. You really can't go back and retroactivley take a trophy away in anything but the most techical sense unless you can erase people's memories.

4. Marsiglia29

Marsiglia29 New Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Breizh,Celtic,Brest
    tu c'est a l'epoque le dopage etait monnaie courant surtout en Italie.

par exemple la finale Parme - OM, tous les joueurs de parme courait comme des lapin.

aujourdhui en Italie et en Espagne il on droit certaine drogue pour recupére plus vite, alors que la France et L'allemagne on pas droit d'en prendre.

Jean-Jacques Eydelie et au chomage, y'a rien de mieux que de faire un scandal pour avoir pleins de pognon grace a son nouveau livre.

5. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    It makes somewhat of a difference. On future records it would probably be changed (perhaps asterisked). To the players in that game, and for our club it makes a difference.

I'm not jumping to any conclusions here, just if this happens to be true.

6. jambon-beurre

jambon-beurre Member

Mar 12, 2005
    France
    But the remark about the Parma-OM final in 1999 is valid. If Marseille is stripped the 1993 trophy, in the same logic, they have to get the 1999 UEFA cup...

7. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's my understanding as well. Although I believe that was due to OM's domestic "issues"...not sure if an issue directly related to the final/competition itself would make things different, in the sense that the trophy would actually be given to Milan 13 years later.

In any case, I just hope Milan isn't awarded anything until May (if at all), otherwise Berlusconi is certain to use this to his advantage in the upcoming elections...:rolleyes:

"Look, Italians, in the same way that I got the trophy back for our club, I will get your earnings back for you!"

[​IMG]

8. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France

Well you'd better start "stripping" Juventus of all of their trophies too.

Never gonna happen so keep on dreamin.

9. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  10. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If we were to strip titles away from all clubs who (more or less) drugged their players, there probably wouldn't be a whole lot of trophies left in people's display cabinets. There might not be a whole lot of World Cup trophies left, either.

11. Marsiglia29

Marsiglia29 New Member

Feb 27, 2004
    Breizh,Celtic,Brest
    une chose et sur L'OM Gardera sa coupe d'Europe sur a 100%, y'a aucune chance que Milan la recupere. ( Journal Aujourd'hui).

le livre de Eydelie intitulé " je ne joue plus" sortira bien le 1er Mars.
    ce sera le coup de l'année pour l'éditeur.

ça fait aucun doute que Tapie à acheter des matchs, joueurs dopé...

Tapie= Mafia
    Tout comme Louis-Dreyfus
    ou Courbis ( qui lui c'est fait tirée dessus à Hyéres pour reglement de conpte).

faut pas oublié que a l'epoque L'OM etait le deuxieme plus puissant clubs au Monde.

c'etait
    1) le Milan AC
    2) L'OM
    3) Bayern

12. ZoltaR

ZoltaR New Member

Jul 25, 2004
    M@rseille.fr
    Eyelide (who's unemployed since 1993) made these declarations in order to sell his book .
    he has no proof of what he said ( which must be true for one part since football was TOTALY ruled buy drugz and corrumption at that time - notice that milan claiming this cup makes me laugh since berlusconi must have used drugz and corrumption too at that time)
    the uefa has brought up th reselt of the dopping tests of the 93 finnal and they're all negatives ..
    i think tapie has the help of the french league and the uefa, and much more talented lawyers than eydelie.
    i think eydelie is dead.

13. om4ever

om4ever New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    Droit Au But
  14. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We've tried and to no avail. I never said it was going to happen and I'm pretty sure it won't.

15. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Didn't mean to come off abrasive..... Just sick of has been's trying to make a buck selling books....

16. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Kind of like the whole Jose Canseco thing this past summer.

17. ZoltaR

ZoltaR New Member

Jul 25, 2004
    M@rseille.fr
    god what a newss ! com one if the tests had been positive, uefa wouldn't had needed eydelide to reveal that:eek: :D 13years after the final :rolleyes:

18. King-James

King-James New Member

May 27, 2005
    Are you kidding? Drug tests don't exactly work well, let alone detect most of the things that athletes use. Particularily in the early 90s.

19. om4ever

om4ever New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    Droit Au But
    UEFA rule out Marseille doping investigation(Reuters)

"Having players saying they got an injection before the match doesn't on its own give much ground for an investigation," Olsson added.

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=worldFootballNews&storyID=URI:urn:newsml:reuters.com:20060125:MTFH30843_2006-01-25_18-00-01_L25342760:1

no proof, no investigation :cool:

20. Papa Bouba Diop

Papa Bouba Diop New Member

Oct 2, 2002
    McGill ghetto
    Case closed then, no reliable test results = no tangible proof.

21. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's right. Keep dreaming.:)

In regards to Marseille, Eydelie was the one who match-fixed the match against Valenciennes in Ligue 1 so a claim from a person like that has to come out of his arse. On the other hand, if there was some legitimate evidence, that would be. In my case, the more trophies in Italy, the better, regardless of who has it.

22. ZoltaR

ZoltaR New Member

Jul 25, 2004
    M@rseille.fr
    J.Anigo: “OM won the European Cup thanks to the quality of its players”
    “OM won the European Cup thanks to the quality of its players and nothing else,” retorted José Anigo in response to Jean-Jacques Eydelie declarations.

“Why has Eydelie decided to talk now, 13 years later?” asked José Anigo during his show on OMtv on Tuesday evening.
    “When you a real man you don’t go dragging all your personal problems out for all of France to see. There are plenty of people on the doll or on minimum wage and just because you’re an ex-footballer doesn’t mean you have any special rights. As for him, I don’t know if he’s bitter with te entire world. But the first he should look at is himself. He earned a lot of money and others didn’t have that chance. Apparently he’s got a problem with the world of football, but if he thought the football community was just one big family he got it all wrong.”
    In responding to the claims, the OM sporting director added: “It makes me angry when someone tries to taint the European Cup, the only one won by a French club. To suggest that OM won it thanks to doping is silly and petty.
    “I’ll say it clearly: OM won the European Cup thanks to the quality of its players and nothing else, it was a great team. Apart from that, we can draw links between the VA-OM affair or whatever else we want...
    “Jean-Jacques Eydelie is getting everything mixed up. Or perhaps he being manipulated by people who told him he’d get rich writing some book,” he continued. “I don’t think that’s very good. He should have a bit of humility and sense. To say what he said and distort things like he has, is even more petty because it not only dirties the club, but it dirties all those that were involved in the clubs great moments. He should have more respect for them.
    “If any of them were to sue him, I think that would be completely justified,” he concluded.

23. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    He was right about Palmeiro, though.