Mark van Bommel

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by jonam, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Power_of_foot

Power_of_foot Red Card

May 28, 2004
    He is polite in interview, but not polite in the game.
    He is a decent defensive MF and knows how to read the game.
    He is good enough to play for Real too

2. Power_of_foot

Power_of_foot Red Card

May 28, 2004
    I agree with you mate.
    He is one of a few player with strong mentality.
    he has more class than hestinga and Davids.
    But Advocatt somehow preferred hestinga better than him
    anyways, MArco Van will surely put him as a starter

3. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    Eh? Heitinga is a defender, Van Bommel is a midfielder. The two don't compete for a position. Davids plays on the left and doesn't compete for a position with Bommel either.

4. 1900AFCA1900

1900AFCA1900 New Member

May 4, 2004
    Utrecht, Holland
    Marco van Basten said in Voetbal Insite (a soccer program on tv in Holland) that he prefered Landzaat above Van Bommel, because of his leadership. So he's not a starter for Oranje.

5. johan neeskens

Jan 14, 2004
    I find that a bit silly really. Bommel is the most on-form midfielder we've got at the moment.

6. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

agreed

7. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Hey, I myself was in the Netherlands 5 or 6 times on holidays (Schouwen-Duiveland, near Scharendijke) with my parents, brother and sister when we were still kids! A friend of my parents had (has) a summer cottage there. The first one or two times we had our toy spades with us to build nice little "Strandburgs". But from the third holiday on we were even more ambitious and so used real spades and spended several hours at the beach to build real "Strandfestungen" (fortresses). Though we neither wrote "besetzt" on it nor we had German flags with us.

Btw, someday I'll come back with a crawler excavator and tons of cement! ;-)

8. 1900AFCA1900

1900AFCA1900 New Member

May 4, 2004
    Utrecht, Holland
    It's not my opinion, it's San Marco's! But I would also like to see Van Bommel instead of Landzaat.

9. A-J-A-X

A-J-A-X New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    South London, UK
    Jol probably is probably too preoccupied with insulting Crystal Palace's Ian Dowie to consider MvB...

By the way, it seems as though Van Persie really got Alex Ferguson's blood boiling in the Carling Cup match this week - he was saying that he should be banned, or something along those lines.

I dont particularly think much about van Persie, but 'Sir Alex' needs to shove a massive foot in his mouth. Van Persie's actions were mild compared to Ruud's moves on Ashley Cole earlier this season...

10. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    i wonder how he feels about dissing everton this summer

11. Power_of_foot

Power_of_foot Red Card

May 28, 2004
    Shouldn't be a big problem.
    he only has to play good in the field. he doesn't have to be rude after the game

12. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Any MvB news?

13. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Michael Zorc said today in an interview that BVB is still interested in Mark van Bommel:

Welchen Spieler hätten Sie denn gerne?
    Zorc:
    Erfahrene, gute Leute. Das ist nicht unrealistisch.

Also Mark van Bommel, das Phantom.
    Zorc:
    Den wollen wir haben. Nach wie vor.

source: http://www.westline.de/fussball/bvb/index_8977.php

14. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    MvB will most likely not join Dortmund this summer as BVB can't pay the transfer fee (rumoured 1.8 Mio Euro). Our chances to get him in summer aren't that high. MvB told our coach Bert van Marwijk (his father-in-law) that if a big club (like Barca etc.) wants him in summer he probably will join them. Only if those big offers aren't there he might come to Dortmund.

15. jonam

jonam Member

Aug 27, 2003
    Westfalenstadion
    Last weekend Mark's adviser Rob Jansen was interviewd on NOS-show "Studio Voetbal". He told tthe interviewer that MvB will absolutely leave PSV at the end of the season. That decision is final. He was talking of interested clubs from England, Spain and Italy. A transfer to Schalke and Dortmund won't happen.

Soure: voetbal24.nl

Any news on this?

16. silver bullet

silver bullet Member

May 11, 2004
    He's having a great season so far. If he goes on like this - and if PSV can make it a bit further in the CL - I reckon the chances for Dortmund are very slim. A bigger money club will pick him up.