Mark Palios

Discussion in 'England' started by Prenn, Nov 14, 2003.

1. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, well, Ferdinand and now Smith.

Each time he's gone above Sven's head to prevent a player being picked and has twice brought the England squad to the brink of revolt. Relations between the England team/staff and the FA are strained because of one mans total mismanagement of delicate situations. He should resign now, he's dug himself a hole that he may never be able to get out of. This could damage English football for a long time to come.

2. sinner78

sinner78 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 7, 2001
    Palios is part of the PC brigade along with barber and anyone else who makes decisions in the F.A.
    They called the fans scum just for coming on the pitch at sunderland just for celebrating a goal..
    notice how they bent over backwards to please UEFA .
    they're trying get a politically correct stranglehold on the fans ,players,etc...
    players and fans are getting sold down the river..they're like footballs version of new labour.

3. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Palios is an accountant with a big ego.

He has no clue how to run an organisation like the FA and has sacked a lot of the support staff to save them from their massive debt. The result is incompetence and a lot of people in the FA not knowing or caring what the other staff are doing.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/football/articles/7683660?source=Evening

So the players are naturally upset, and I'm sure Sven must be annoyed - picking a player and then having him taken away again, it's a bit of a slap in the face.

In fairness to the FA they did have a rule whereby players who are facing charges must not be selected. Technically Smith isn't in that position yet, so it's pre-emptive (like Ferdinand being charged for missing the drugs test). The FA really should have been on top of this a long time ago, once again like Rio it's left until after he's been selected to suddenly realise that they actually want to leave him out.

4. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Palios is a titbag.

Once again he ignores precedent and makes an arbitrary decision. I don't know if he has an axe to grind with the PFA or what, but this is the second game (in a row!) in which he's nearly set off a player revolt with his heavy-handed tactics.

Did I mention that Palios is a titbag?

5. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/031114/323/edzui.html:

6. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    What a titbag :rolleyes:

7. Mikey10

Mikey10 Member

Sep 20, 2003
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I hope some demented fan punches Palios right in the face! What a wanker, he almost single handedly put England into the play offs with the whole Ferdinand nonesense and now he's doing this. :mad: Piss off Palios!

8. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't think he'll last for very long. The last thing the chief executive of the FA should be doing is trying to drive a wedge between the FA and the coach and the players. That's madness.

9. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    Can anybody defend Alan Smith? No arrest. Okay. But this isn't the first problem on and off the field. He is to represent the country and I think they should pick better representatives. I wonder if they had any problems with Stanley Matthews then. Certainly Jimmy Greaves. But it's just a shame.

10. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    There seems to be a dearth of great strikers in England.(well, except for the best one in the best form over the last 2-3 seasons but he won't play again because if he doesn't score everyone will criticize him and he rightfully can do without that) And as it turns out a good number of them have various problems. Owen(tough times with club), Vassell(was in a rut there for awhile), Smith(enough said), Heskey(well, a rut sometimes) Rooney(ill for now, also not a cool head either), and Beattie who has gotten in trouble with the law in the recent past as well.

11. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Darius Vassell

This just in:

Palios is a titbag.

12. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    More Palios

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/031115/21/ee0uk.html

What side of the mouth will he talk out of today?

I can understand maybe contradicting yourself the day after a stupid statement, but the very next sentence?

Are you innocent until proven guilty in England or not?

Nevermind, Palios is still a titbag.

13. blackpool fc mark

blackpool fc mark New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    BLACKPOOL
    Palios is a Grade A Chump. It seems he is on a one man vendetta to destroy the England teams chances of success. And to think, he was once a player himself, you think he would understand where the players are coming from, maybe he is just jealous that they earn more nowadays than he ever did. There pay reflects there ability to perform there job properly, i would hate to think how much (or little) money he would earn if his salary was job performance related. He is doing a stinker of a job.

14. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not crying over Alan Smith, but now that there will be no charges filed against him, how does this make the FA look?

They've not only unjustly cost him a Cap, but also may have cost him a shot at being included in the Euro 2004 Championships since he wasn't able to play against Denmark...who knows if he would have impressed or not?

The FA has real problems, and the reshuffling should begin at the top.