Mark Gonzalez scored vs villareal today

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by bjb7223, Apr 22, 2006.

1. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
    [​IMG]

look at this bloody freekick
    heheh 0-2 Sociedad,

2. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't wait for this lad to come.

3. raffa_the_gaffa

raffa_the_gaffa New Member

Feb 23, 2006
    he still needs a work permitt i think

4. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe i read that he is now eligable for a spanish passport, which should either get him around the need or push him over the top to get a permit issued

Does anybody know the exact wording on the work permit rules?

5. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone have a youtube[or other] link?

6. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. el_urchinio

el_urchinio Member

Jun 6, 2002
    http://www.pinkfootball.com/app/showDoc.aspx?comp_id=44208

This article talks both about general work permit rules and the specific situation Liverpool and Gonzales were in last year.

8. jefbal99

jefbal99 New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to his wikipedia entry

9. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Its going to be exciting to get him into the team next season. It looks like he will give Kewell real competion for that place. Zenden is going to have a really tough time getting into the team now.

10. American Red

American Red Member

Apr 28, 2005
    Bavaria
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Who thinks we will again struggle to get a proper right winger and Kewell will end up playing with Gonzalez at the same time. Hopefully one of them has a decent right foot.

11. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Our right winger just won PFA Player of the Year.

12. el_urchinio

el_urchinio Member

Jun 6, 2002
    Zenden was very unlucky to have gotten injured so early in the season, and as unfortunate as it is for him, I don't think we'll see him don the red again. Of the left wingers we have, he's the only one who is still an unknown quantity and I think it will work against him.

13. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think Zenden will still be a good squad member, giving us options both in the centre and on the flanks.

14. SiriuslyCold

SiriuslyCold Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Malaysia
    Nat'l Team:
    Malaysia
    amended ;)

15. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my thoughts exactly

16. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    No, not really. Gerrard is not our makeshift right midfielder. Thats going to be the position where he plays in the majority of the games next season.

17. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I make him the best right-sided midfielder in the country, too. I've seen some of the best players in the world start out wide, too-- Thierry Henry and Ronaldinho come to mind-- and then roam. I reckon Gerrard will thrive there.

18. wemess0

wemess0 Member

Jun 25, 2003
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree completely.

He, Xabi and Momo are three of our best five or six players. You've got to have them all on the pitch at the same time, even if it means playing Stevie on the right.

19. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I'm holding my thought on Gonzalez until I actually see him fit in with the team and score a few goals.
    We waited 2 years for one of the best strikers from League Un and he hasn't really worked with our team or the Prem.
    It's a little more than saying this guy is good in South America he'll be great playing for us. It's alright for a left back to fire rockets at the goal and exciting when they go in. (JAR) But for a forward, well that's his full time job and he'd better make it work week by week.

20. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hear ye, hear ye. Although what I've seen of Mark Gonzalez is good, given our experiences with "allegedly" hot-shot players from yonder, I agree much caution is called for. The good thing is that he's building something of a reputation in Spain, so were he to flop over here, he'd still be worth something over there, no?

21. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I'm not poo pooing him. We have to give him the chance 'cos we need a regular goal scorer. I'm just not calling him any sort of deity...yet!

22. Bobinhood

Bobinhood Member

Apr 22, 2005
    Toronto
    Even though gonzalez is a left sided player, i seem to recall rafa musing on him solving our right sided needs, so maybe hes a garcia type who can play rw whilst being left footed. That would make stevie , little luis, kewell, bolo and speedy gonz a 5 man rotation for 3 spots, more or less. Stevie might get a rest now or then, and play centre or wing at other times. Different set-ups for different opponents, the one constant being stevie plays most games.

i think zendon would get a decent shot since he looked good pre-injury, plus rafa brought him in in the first place. hes more direct than harry, and maybe insurance in case kewell tails off post world cup...god forbid :)

23. bjb7223

bjb7223 New Member

May 29, 2004
    Florida
  24. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Gonzalez was awesome, especially in the 1st half, against Ireland. He showed great pace and ability to run past players. He almost scored a great goal, but was denied by the post. The Irish commentators couldn't stop talking about how good he was. Hopefully we get this work permit thing sorted out quickly.

25. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States