March U20 camp

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Sandon Mibut, Mar 6, 2018.

1. TarHeels17

TarHeels17 Member+

Jan 10, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone who I don't think is being talked about enough is Richie Ledezma. He's a late '00, and I think he's gotten a few call ups, but he wasn't really considered a part of the pool for the U17s. My guess is that he was always a few months behind the other guys, and staying in a good environment at RSL has helped him catch up.

I personally thought Ledezma looked great in the time I saw him against France. He had a boat load convincing touches, perfect long balls, and great awareness of his teammates. @bshredder just posted about him being in contention with all of the faces we already know (Durkin, Goslin, Adams, Sands, etc.), and I'd personally like to applaud Tab for calling him in and giving him as much playing time as he did. I'd like to think he'll get a lot of time for the Monarchs this year, but who knows.

ckajMonet, IHSSOC, ChuckMe92 and 2 others repped this.
  2. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Soto and Ledezma should probably both be getting regular U-19/U-20 call ups, and regular Monarchs play. If you have a USL team, why not use it to bring youth players through?

IHSSOC, ChuckMe92 and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  3. IHSSOC

IHSSOC Member

Dec 29, 2006
    Peoria, AZ
    So happy to see Richie Ledezma get time and show well. My son has grown up playing with Richie since they were 8 (still play at RSL together), and the only knock against Richie has always been his size, but technical ability and soccer IQ are of the highest level, which is nice to see rewarded in our youth system. For those that aren’t familiar, Richie can play anywhere in MF from deep lying playmaker to the #10, is confident and quick with the ball, great movement off it, can play or finish the final ball, and hits a wicked free kick. Grew up and developed in Phoenix area.

USAMEX10, TxEx, Sandon Mibut and 6 others repped this.
  4. Sjimen222

Sjimen222 New Member

Nacional
    United States
    Mar 20, 2018
    sorry, you know where i can see the match againt atletico de madrid

5. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    No clue, but this was the result. Maybe someone who attended will put the match on youtube.