March out

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by TheROCK, Aug 26, 2002.

1. TheROCK

TheROCK New Member

That ESC march out rocked the house! They need to do it more often! Oh yeah and those Metro stickers ROCKED!

2. Sweeper

Sweeper New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Gonna have the blisters on my hand for weeks I'm afraid after that march out. It was sweet indeed, although we need to better organize the march in....

3. retnicf

retnicf Member

May 7, 2001
    Mount Vernon, NY
    Metro stickers?

4. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Yeah , march in needs to be made a tradition!

Cause I know for a fact that everyone isnt going to march out even when we lose. Although we should be marhing out anytime.

Anyways, we gotta get the word out more about march ins so more people know about it.

Oh and MetroFanatic.com was giving away stickers all around the stadium! Thats what that was. It looked like this:

[​IMG]

5. eric d

eric d Member

Sep 9, 1998
    I heard a rumor that a few Metro stickers were seen in La Bandera Restaurant in Union City. Rumors circulating that this was the first Metro presence in Union City's (3 miles from Stadium) largest restaurant since forever.

6. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    Rutt's in Clifton is now sporting a nice new Metro sticker in the front window and one in the towel dispenser in the men's bathroom.

7. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I trailed the march out and saw a bunch of fans just watching, some were cheering along, but I don't think I saw any parent or adult loiking horrified at the display of emotion for Metro.

Maybe some converts were made...Who knows?

8. elephantstone

elephantstone Member

Feb 12, 2001
    Harrisburg, PA
    Definitely sweet. Seemed to me like some non-ESCers were getting into the excitement.

9. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    Michael K and I handed out some of Serg's ESC flyers behind the march, and I know of at least 2 new member inquiries that were made from that easy effort.

Michael was using the "fan-out flick against the hand technique" made popular by the Flashdancers guy on 53th & 7th...

10. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All I can say is, you're wearing the sandwich board next time, pal.