Marcelo Salas (juventus) y Juan Pablo angel (aston Villa)

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by Mario, Jul 26, 2002.

1. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    rob

we started few months back with a comparision of fates for salas and JPA, as they changed teams

then the last comments talk about, the liltle he did for his national team, and all the great expectations at home...

then it was the post about JPA during preseason and few goals that asure him a place on the main roster of the new coach.

last post says: angel should return to river and pair with salas....

what do you think? have you seen him lately?

Is he up to the job and score vs brazil?

2. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

3. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    i put pizarro in the discuccion i even said mendoza was better than pizza

but looking at the way hes playing now id say
    pizarro is better than salas and angel right now in fact i think hes the best foward on the pacific side of the americas

4. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Right now Pizza has no opposition, he has been outstanding for the bavarians

5. RobB

RobB New Member

Aug 8, 2003
    Birmingham
    Thanks for the translation Pibe#10 and efernandez9. In answer to your question I would say JPA was our best attacking player out of the strikers and midfielders we`ve got. He does need quality service though, but this season it looks like he`s prepared to create some chances for himself. He`s better playing off a quick striker like Vassell where he can get some space between the oppositions` defence and midfield.

6. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Honestly I like Angel, and would love to see him score often for Villa this new season. I hope that after playing against Brazil and Bolivia, he goes back and keeps on doing what he did against Leicester City.