Marcelo Moreno (Martins) thread

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Mengão86, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Yeah. He needs to get used to the more physical and faster pace of the Ukraine league. In my opinion, he's simply used to the more tactical leagues in South America. I don't think Moreno would do well in England, germany and other leagues in europe where speed and muscle is essential. I consider the Ukraine league on Par with Netherlands and Germany.

the only leagues in Europe that he may fair well in is probably Spain or Italy. A good example is Forlan. He did horrible in England, but is doing just wonderful in Spain. KAKA and Ronaldhino are great players but they are heavily advised not to play in typical european leagues where they will get shoved and knocked around. South Americans tend to do better in more tactical leagues that aren't as physical such as italy and spain.

2. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    EXACTLY!!!! ^^^

I said it before, but i always knew physicality would possibly hurt his game, the ukraine league seems to me from watching some of their games (shaktar) very physical, and not nearly enough skill as south america, where technically brasilian league owns them. Martins needs to go to italy or spain, both leagues compliment his style well. I am surprised he didnt go for that fiorentina chance when he had it.... dumb bolivians and chasing the Euro. :(

LOL stop trying to talk like mexican. This isnt the nery castillo thread. :p

BUt yea, i mean i dunno, i think its either he isnt gel'ing well with the team or i dont even know.... he is world class by his play vs. argentina and having 6 goals in the world cup qualifying. Why that cant translate to your league?? We have our guesses.... Like mine Up top.

But this is not to say the ukraine league is bad, its a hard tough league, but it just doesnt fit our boy well, and fact of the matter is, the longer he stays there the longer his talent will stay hidden frmo the world.

3. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Shakhtar is short of creative midfielders Srna is a good player but besides him no one can distribute upfront, hence the lack of goals. Yes, Moreno hasnt done great with the time he had, but everyplayer needs the support and backing of teh coach, is Lucescu doing that?

4. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    Yes, Italy and especialy Spain fit Marcelo much better then extremely physical league like Ukraine. However, as you can see, Shakhtar is shortpassing, tactical,technical & offensive-oriented team which tends and tries to dominate at posession even if we play against Barcelona. All these things you can see both in any ukrainian or euro competitions.

From the world? About what world you talking about?

Lolwut?
    *epicfacepalm*

5. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This thread has reached it's 500 post limit so it needs to go bye bye. Instead of having a thread just for M3 or Botero I'll change the Botero thread to a "Players Abroad" thread that's all encompassing. Let's track all our players en el exterior. You can find it here...

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=918535