Marcelo Moreno (Martins) thread

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Mengão86, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    A little bit. He's on recovery programme, assistant of fitness coach works with him. However, maybe we'll see him even in next game.

2. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Is it the concussion?

3. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Saw this today. It looks like at least he made the Coach's list for EUFA matches.

http://shakhtar.com/en/news/8501

He needs playing time...or to get traded to another team so he can play.:D

4. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    I hope he maximizes his poaching abilities.

5. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    When Brandao left I was hoping for more playing time for Marcelo but I went on their site and looked at their videos of their training and he didnt play on the friendlies, the two times he was on video he was getting stretching done or just jogging. Now undertanding that you cant put a full training day in 2-3 min but didnt see him once with a ball.

To our shahktar friend, GIO-13, is he hurt? botherd by a leg injury?

This from the shahktar site:
    Wasn’t the weather a problem during the training camp in Spain?

Yes, the weather could have been better. Rain and wind had been following us. But what bothers me is the number of injured players. I wish they hadn’t missed such important trainings. This is why they shall have to continue training under a special programme. They must fully recover as soon as possible. I can name those players: Ilsinho, Willian, Castillo, Moreno, Fomin. They are our forwards.

THIS IS A BIT DISCONSERTING
    You have named the injured players. Do they all have equal chance to recover by 19 February?

It’s our duty to bring them back on top form by that date. They must be ready for the battle. But there is time. They were injured, but it doesn’t mean they were lazing around. They continued trainings under different programmes. Our biggest challenge is to prepare Ilsinho, Jadson, Castillo and Moreno. If they want to be included into the lineup, they must do their best.

Since Brandao is gone and Castillo is back, are you planning to reconsider the tactics, taking into consideration the difference between these two players?

No, we are not going to change anything, We have simply replaced one player with another. Now a lot depends on Castillo, on his determination. First of all he must do as much work on the pitch as Brandao did. There is also Willian on that position. He can do miracles when he is on top form.

6. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Gio,

Can you update us on Moreno? I check the team's official site from time to time and there is no word on him. They recently played a friendly against Rapids and Moreno was not even in the line-up. Also, daily video posted on the site of their daily training (as recent as yesterday 2/11/09) does not show him anywhere.

What is going in with him??:confused:

7. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    I simply have no time now, so I can't follow updated all the time, sorry guys.
    Marcelo played 2/08/09 vs. Osijek and got a new injury, but seems nothing too serious this time.

8. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Damn. Well thanks for trying! Keep us in the loop when you can!

9. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Thanks for my dad for letting me know that Shakhtar Donetsk played Tottenham Hotspur in the UEFA Cup on Foxsports. Moreno came in the 61st minute. They tied 1-1 as the visiting team. They won at home 2-0, which gives the global score 3-1. Tottenham didn´t have their full squad but it´s still a great win as Shakhtar moved on the next round (Round of 16).

My dad said that Morneo played well, not great, but that he does show his presence on the field, that is whenever he´s on the field.

10. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I just saw the end, martins got fouled with a guy pushing him down... too bad i couldnt catch it frmo when he got on. Only watched the last 5mins lol

11. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yeah I saw about the same amount too. I can´t believe I didn´t catch it on the foxsports schedule. I guess subconsciously I did see it but I figured that since Moreno won´t play, why bother.

By the way, they play CSKA Moscow in the Round of 16, which I think gives them a great chance to qualify to the Quaterfinals.

12. Dustyvinyl

Dustyvinyl Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Santa Ana,Ca
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    He really did make his presence felt.He got one shot off on goal. he put enough pressure on the defense and has good location on the field. Im glad i finally got to see him play. more playin time and maybe he'll be getting more passes.

13. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    I knew about the game, but didn't get home until 10 minutes before it was over. Unfortunately, other then the foul I didn't have a chance to see Moreno play much. Good to see him on the field though

14. MarcoM3

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I saw the entire game.
    Moreno came in and made a difference. It was pretty obvious the coach put him in because of his size and I don't think he was dissappointed.

He had a couple of shots on goal and he participated in the goal by Fernandinho.

15. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Two things not mentioned here, (i saw the whole game btw) when Moreno entered he was asking for the ball everytime, and when he touched the ball he would make the move, pass to the midfielder and make the run, but more often than not they didn't give the ball back. Then one that did get through Moreno should've done better but with Gomez being so lanky he stopped the ball.
    He def made a difference, Spurs couldn't put too many people up front as Moreno was FIghting for all the balls. It was good to see him in there, looks like he's fine from the muscle injury he had. He started a bit hesitant but didnt disappoint, more playing time and he will get his goals.

16. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^Nice. Thanks for that tidbit of info!

17. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Shakhtar won the 2nd leg of the game 2-0 against CSKA Moscow today and they have advanced to the quaterfinals. Moreno didn´t play nor was he on the bench. Does anyone know why?

By the way, they play Werder Bremen (Germany) in the quaterfinals. They are undefeated on the road this season. Should be a good one though don´t know much about the team other that they are currently 10th in the Bundesliga league. They did finish second behind Bayern Munich last year.

18. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    por que no viajo a bgta hoy, con la seleccion?

19. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Erwin Sanchez decidio mantenerlo en La paz para que se aclimite a la altura. Tambien lo reservaron porque es uno de los siete jugadores que ya tienen una tarjeta amarilla y lo necesitan para el partido con Argentina.

20. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    We could really use Marcello for this match vs. Colombia. I don't think Cabrera makes a good lone forward. I think he'd play excellent with Moreno; we'll see.

21. Orientito

Orientito New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Oriente Petrolero
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    lmao we even need our own players to get aclimated to la paz!! ridiculous

22. rolo01

rolo01 New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ashton, MD
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    what are you talking about? ok, you go from playing in ukraine to playing in la paz and see if you won't need to get aclimated!! please think before you speak (in this case, post)

23. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Why is moreno still riding the bench in Ukraine? After games like these, with his between the legs goal i think vs. Henize he deserve to be in a better league/ club!!!!!

24. Orientito

Orientito New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Oriente Petrolero
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    that was exactly my point...on how la altura de la paz affects the way players perform in games...imagine how players from other countries must feel when even our own players have problems playing there without aclimatacion apropiada. me entendes?? i did think before i wrote ;);):cool:
    look at argentina!

25. Gio-13

Gio-13 Member

Aug 26, 2007
    watching skywalkers
    Club:
    FC Shakhtar Donetsk
    Bolivianfuego
    No mames,
    because in Ukraine he can't create even one moment in 71 minutes period (last match).
    Sad but true.