Marc Stout

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by GoRapids, Apr 12, 2010.

1. GoRapids

GoRapids Member

Sep 1, 1999
    Boulder CO
    So I handed out accolades for the print coverage of Nick Thomas ... and I think it should be handed out for Marc Stout too!!

The guy knows his stuff, does a good job, and is a true Rapids fan!!! It's great having him back.

The broadcasts are a million times better already.

2. Cos_Mos

Cos_Mos Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Broomfield
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed about Stout. I could get used to this.

Well, maybe not a million times better but at least 1080p times better!

3. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, huge upgrade over Cory Lopez.

Unfortunately I've been told that Stout is only doing a handful or so of games this year, when he isn't already booked for something else.

4. deron

deron New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Centennial, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I appreciate the perspective of history Stout brings to the booth.

5. Bonji

Bonji Moderator

Feb 4, 2003
    Denver, Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now it'd be nice if Chelo and Stout start actually calling the play on the field as opposed to just talking about soccer. During the KC match there were long breaks where the game was barely referenced. While this is an improvement over last year because Stout actually knows who is on the field for both sides, this is far from the finished product because they don't call the game.

6. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well to be fair, during the KC game there were big breaks where you could barely call what was happening a game.

7. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Must spread some ... blah, blah, blah ... but at least I tried to rep. you. Did anyone else notice that Balboa seems to have gotten some coaching on speech patterns and gave us less repetitions of "Well I'll tell you whats", "You know whats" and "Knockin' the ball arounds"? I know he posts and probably reads here so for the record that is a positive comment on his improved commentating. (Not wanting to get called out or anything.) ;>)

8. commercecity

commercecity Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Commerce City, CO
    It still baffles me to think this was ever an issue, but I caught myself reflecting on this during the broadcast.

The overall television situation is much improved for me.