many thanks SSV...

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Quakes05, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    ...I came and listened for a couple of hours and was enlightened by what you had to say. I was again blown away with the magnitude of your committment. I wanted to stay and shake your hands but had to run. I look forward to buying each of you a beer...maybe at the next SSV update gathering!

Merry Christmas to you & yours! And, thanks again, you guys are phenomenal!

Oh and thanks to the Brit too for an outstanding breakfast!

2. pupusa3000

pupusa3000 Member

May 15, 2001
    East Bay Area
    Since I never really had a chance to say thanks to SSV, since they decided to put it together, I might as well say it now. All of you guys are held in very high regard in my eyes, and prove what passionate fans can do. I will continue to support SSV in any future endeavor that you guys will pursue. You guys were a HUGE part in the Earthquakes staying as long as they did. Thanks. :)

3. TerremotoFan

TerremotoFan New Member

Apr 23, 2002
    San Jose, Ca
    The meeting was a real eyeopener, well worth the $28 parking ticket. I came away from this meeting with a deep gratitude for SSV and more then ever before, I BELIVE! WE CAN GET THIS TEAM BACK!!! better than ever and with a real owner and with a community that knows what it has.

THANK YOU SSV, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

4. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HeHe!

Me too!

5. Jay Hipps

Jay Hipps Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Northern California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got one of those too. I'm going to enclose a note with my check: "Please apply this to the new Earthquakes' stadium fund."

Oh, and thanks to everyone who was able to make it. We apologize doing it on such short notice but next weekend seemed like a bad choice and I think we needed your input before January.

Again, for anyone who couldn't make it and has questions, please post them to the blog and we'll try to answer them for you.

6. quakesfan10

quakesfan10 New Member

Sep 24, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Jay Hipps again.

7. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Great idea! Sounds as though the city of SJ scammed at least $100 from fans yesterday. Who says the Quakes can't be profitable for SJ?

8. shasta

shasta New Member

Mar 8, 2004
    AEG SVCKS
    I got a parking ticket after the first EQ rally.

It was worth it.... :)

9. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Next time, park in the garage on San Pedro St. (San Pedro garage, I believe). It's a freebie on Saturday and Sunday. Free sure as hell beats $28. ;)

10. smpfi65

smpfi65 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    BySoLeDaDsTaTePriSoN
    The next RETURN OF THE EARTHQUAKES will be based on all the hard work and efforts BY THE COMMUNITY, OF THE COMMUNITY, FOR THE COMMUNITY ! ! ! ! ! ;)