ManUtd/Ajax on TV?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by ForzaCollina, Jul 31, 2002.

1. ForzaCollina

ForzaCollina New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    Ok, so this is probably a silly question, given the pathetic coverage of footy in America, but does anyone have any idea if the ManUtd/Ajax match this Friday will be televised?

I know when Ajax played Celtic, the game was shown somewheres. . . .

2. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think so. Unless MUTV/YES Network is showing it....

3. benine

benine New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    Chicago
    How do you get MUTV in america?

4. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The YES Network, the New York Yankees Flagship Channel, carries MUTV programming (or was supposed to). You can get the YES Network on DirectTV from what I hear. However, Fox had threatened litigation as they hold exclusive EPL TV rights in the US, and I don't what's happened in the meantime.

5. ForzaCollina

ForzaCollina New Member

Jul 25, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    This is killing me

So Fox holds EPL rights in America, and ESPN owns Champions League rights in America, so WHY NOT ACTUALLY SHOW MATCHES RATHER THAN SITTING ON RIGHTS AND DOING NOTHING?*

*Of course I must applaud FSW for broadcasting matches. But still, EPL comprehensive coverage is sorely lacking. And to ESPN: UP YOURS. Why not broadcast something more than just the CL semis and final? Granted it's not going to make much advertising money, but it's just f***ing ridiculous that there are, what, 5 ESPN sports channels and instead of football they opt for "Best of Sports Center."

Excuse the anger. With the season about to start my frustration level increases. I'll mellow as soon as FSW shows me one or two matches per week.

6. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: This is killing me

No apologies here. I just sent an e-mail to my local pub BEGGING them to show something on the tele this weekend. Hell, I'll even watch Bundesliga or Serie A for gosh sake.

7. Mac_Howard

Mac_Howard New Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Mandurah, Perth, WA
    Fox Sports is showing the match live here in Australia and also the Man Utd/Parma game on Monday. Don't know about the US but certainly Fox have the rights.

8. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The YES network is on Direct TV and it use to show Man U. games until Fox made them quit because of rights. So I don't thinks it's on YES, but what do I know I'm at work hoping for good message board updates.

PS ESPN anger should not be said "sorry" to, we all know how you feel. ESPN is gay and they just shaft soccer anyway they can. Best of Sports center, fishing, outdoor crap, boating, who watches that? gimme a break mickey mouse. you ******

9. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Ajax 2-1 Manchester United

Ajax Too Strong For Man United

Manchester United looked rusty as they slipped to defeat at the hands of Ajax at the Amsterdam ArenA, but there were some positive signs for manager Sir Alex Ferguson...

BBC

Debutant Sikora sinks Man United in Amsterdam

Sir Alex Ferguson could draw encouragement from the performances of record signing Rio Ferdinand and England skipper David Beckham even though his side were deservedly beaten by Ajax at the Amsterdam ArenA tonight...

SoccerNet

United downed by Ajax

A late Paul Scholes goal was not enough to stop Manchester United slipping to defeat against hosts Ajax in their opening game of the Amsterdam tournament...

Ananova

World tunes in to see Ferdinand suffer opening night nerves

Sikora 39, Ibrahimovic 75
    Scholes 78

More than 500 million people in 100 countries tuned in to see Rio Ferdinand make his first start for Manchester United last night and, given the opportunity, it is a fair assumption he would want to start all over again...

The Guardian

United downed by Dutch masters

Sir Alex Ferguson could draw encouragement from the performances of record signing Rio Ferdinand and England skipper David Beckham even though his side were deservedly beaten 2-1 by Ajax at the Amsterdam ArenA...

4thegame