ManU tickets in the USA

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by zickarena, Aug 13, 2002.

1. zickarena

zickarena New Member

Jan 7, 2001
    Farmington
    Have the tickets gone on sale yet for the ManU games to be played in the USA next summer?

I heard two games at Giants stadium and a couple others on the east coast. Does anyone have any info on these games?

Thanks,
    Zickarena

2. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. zickarena

zickarena New Member

Jan 7, 2001
    Farmington
    Thanks Motterman

4. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, no problem mate.

I'll be plastering ticket info here the day they come available.

Cheers!

5. DJAnimosity

DJAnimosity Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be making the trip to New York for the match. No matter who United plays, or how much the tickets cost, I'll be there. This is a dream come true!

6. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to the NYC and Boston games meself.

7. zickarena

zickarena New Member

Jan 7, 2001
    Farmington
    I'm hoping to go to NY and Boston as well. I doubt I will ever make it to England, so this could be my only chance.

8. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    why are these nowhere near my house? why am i too young to fly out there? why? ::sob::

9. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You have the dates of the matches available. Try to con...errr...ask your parents into taking you to one. You have a whole year to prepare.

10. NNCRed

NNCRed Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Land-o-Spuds
    My wife and I are going to the LA game. It's going to be great. I loved seeing United in action when I was in England a couple of years ago and I'm itching to go again. This will at least make it tolerable until I have enough $$ saved for my next trip over the pond.

BTW, does anybody know if there will be a supporters section/end set up at these matches. I don't really want to be told to sit down and shut up at the game and I think that everybody at United would be impressed with a vocal and strong section of supporters.

11. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    i have a whole year, but i'm already trying to get my dad to take me to manchester next summer for an exhibition match. my grandma live out there so that may actually be EASIER for me.

12. Kelso2Utd

Kelso2Utd New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    New England, USA
    I'll be *hopefully* attending the match in Mass. and then and NY. When I first heard about it in the Spring, I literally jumped with joy (dorky...yes) because I never thought I would be able to see Solskjaer play in person (everyone should conrad him on his 100 goals!, lol) and now I can! I'm beyond excited and pray that I can great tickets.

13. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dates of games for the USA Tour are as follows. Please note these dates have changed from the orginal press release, and the addition of an extragame in Seattle remains to be finally confirmed.

Thursday 24th July GAME in Seattle v TBC
    Sunday 27th July GAME in Los Angeles v TBC
    Wednesday 30th July GAME in Boston v TBC
    Sunday 3rd August GAME in NYC v TBC

14. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bah! Why nothing in the midwest? Oh well, guess I'll have to make a trek out to NY or Boston to see the boys in red. Should be a good road trip. :)

15. ManUtd R16

ManUtd R16 New Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Berkeley, CA
    I'm looking forward to the LA game! Does anybody know how much the tickets will probably cost?

16. MightyYank

MightyYank New Member

May 9, 2002
    Livingston, NJ
    Seat prices

The ManYoo matches are being promoted by the same outfit that did the Real Madrid vs AS Roma match in August. The prices for that match started at $35 for the nose bleeds, up to $75 for the primo seats. The had over 70, 000, a near sell out, on a Thursday night. So I expect similar prices. Everyone start saving up your pennies now.

17. cosmosRIP

cosmosRIP Member

Jul 22, 2000
    Brooklyn NY
    "Possible" opponents according to the NYTimes:
    Seattle - Japan
    LA - Mexico or Mexican club
    Foxboro - Celtic, Real Madrid or Italian club
    Meadowlands - Juventus or Roma

18. ManUtd R16

ManUtd R16 New Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Berkeley, CA
    Thanks cosmosRIP for the info! The LA match-up does make sense, as playing against a Mexican team would guarantee a sell-out because of the large Hispanic population there. However, is the Japan game a little more dubious? Why would the Japanese national team go across the ocean to the US to play an English club team? Does this make any sense? However, if this were true, I'd be very delighted and *might* even consider going to both the Seattle and the LA games (I live in Northern California). And by the way, did anyone think ManUtd was gonna play MLS teams? That's my initial impression when I first found out about the Summer 2003 tour. And I really hope that does happen because something's not right if they come all the way to the states and not even play a single American team. (Are our teams not good enough or something?!)

19. Big Mukmuk

Big Mukmuk New Member

Oct 6, 1999
    Cant you give a link. I mean, making statements on BS with no source link only just gets rumors and/or wasted speculation started.

20. Big Mukmuk

Big Mukmuk New Member

Oct 6, 1999
    I think that a matchup of El Tri and ManU in LA does not prove anything. El Tri could play anyone in LA and sellout. If anyone plays the LA game it should be the Galaxy. It's their turf and no one but them ought to be representing LA.

There...that's my wasted speculation.

21. flounderchop

flounderchop New Member

Coming from New Mexico (Please notice the NEW part, nothing dealing with OLD Mexico), I plan on making the trip to LA. However, if they are going to play against the Mexican National Team or a Mexican Club, I may need to head to Seattle or the East Coast. I personally do not want to see Man Utd play any team coming from Mexico. Knowing my luck, I would get my ass kicked for being outspoken towards the Mexican team/fans. Oh well, I will just wait until the official schedule gets released and then decide.

22. ManUtd R16

ManUtd R16 New Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Berkeley, CA
    Well, you know, I also have absolutely nothing against Mexico, but I agree with flounderchop in that I would not be as excited about seeing Man Utd playing against a Mexican team compared to a European team, for example. Actually, what I really want to see is a game with an MLS team, and as Big Mukmuk points out, it really should be the Galaxy.