ManU - Saints [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by prk166, Dec 1, 2004.

1. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Oh, I dunno about that. ;)

2. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Come back to me when Robben equals Rooney's hat trick against Fenerbahce. Of course, he might eventually. But by then Rooney will have done something even more sensational, I'm sure...

*gets misty-eyed at the sudden thought that United could have had Robben, Rooney, and Ronaldo*

3. BillyManutd

BillyManutd New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC
    FT United 3- Soton 0

4. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    CRon MOTM

5. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Why the tears. We don't need Robben. In fact, I would argue that had we landed Robben we may have not been able to move for ROoney.

6. 50 Euro

50 Euro Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Sounds like this could've been much worse, we're it not for Keller making some great saves. Good to keep this nice run of form going. :)

7. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I'd pick Rooney as Man of the Match. He made some amazing plays and scored a beauty.

8. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    Lowe's frugality and musical manager chairs has caught up to the team.

9. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Errm...left wing *is* our 2nd biggest problem, you know. And Robben is a very good, young left winger after all.

10. MikeyM

MikeyM New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Frisco, TX.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Soton are terrible. However, there was some terriffic attacking football today. :)

11. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Terrible performance from Southampton, simply awful.
    Good play and win from United.

Just too take ya down a bit, good win and all as it was, we increased our goal difference over you.

Shaping up too be a good run for the title.

12. Rei de Boston

Rei de Boston New Member

Mar 16, 2004
    With us finally rounding into some good form and Fergie coming out and challenging the team to put soem pressure on Chelsea, it certainly is going to be an interesting run through the rest of the season.

13. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Best one in years.
    Give the toffs a shout as well.
    They just keep on winning.

14. delmundo

delmundo Member

Feb 3, 2004
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Win yes and collect our three points.
    We needed them as we always do. But we were far from convincing.
    Yes we dominated them.

Southampton came out and mailed it in today except for Higginbotham and Keller. We should have destroyed them for showing up with that attitude.
    We should and could have beaten them 15 nil. We must have had a clear 30-40 scoring opportunities and only cashed in 3. If all we can do is three againt pourous defences like these what will happen when we run into rock solid outfits?
    Good to see Ronaldo finally get one.

15. deco_#10

deco_#10 Member

Mar 22, 2004
    Montreal
    yeah he's not what everyone thinks he is... He played pretty badly today. Other then his goal he wasn't able to get up that left wing without someone taking the ball away from him. For his goal he had space...

16. Cou5

Cou5 New Member

Mar 24, 2004
    right here...
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good win today, it's good to see us maintain our form. As for Keller, he did a nice job and is "in the shop window". Who out there would need a veteran keeper? One American GK in the squad is enough, don't think he's the answer for us.

17. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Poor Keller. He's in the odd position of being drastically underrated in the UK and drastically underrated in the US.

IMHO, Keller could probably start for at least half a dozen EPL teams. Yet in reality, he most certainly has declined from being one of the truly elite keepers. And was not "screwed" out of his position at Tottenham. Keller will find a good position - but the varying assessments of his ability are immense.

18. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    :rolleyes: Unbelieeeeevable. Oh, wait - you're a Portugal fan, so every time Robben looks good it hurts because he's compared to Ronaldo. Geeez.

19. CrisRicHeldTiago

CrisRicHeldTiago New Member

Sep 13, 2004
    I'm Portuguese, but even I, acknowledge the superb talent of Robben. He doesn't have Cristiano Ronaldo's speed, but he's very allusive and has a deft touch around goal. Cristiano Ronaldo, Robben, and Rooney, and possibly Robinho...are undoubtedly the world's best young players. It's too early to tell who will be the best or who at this point, is the best, but in my mind, these four will emerge as frontrunners for Player of the year honours in the very near future.

20. Acronym

Acronym BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
  21. delmundo

delmundo Member

Feb 3, 2004
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Yes you did and what a way you lot did it too. You are given the gift of a penalty at 90 minutes.
    Mourinho orders for Kezman to take the penalty. Does Mourinho get a bonus for every goal he scores.
    Then he chips its over Given like a schoolgirl. Nice shot!.
    No respect to the keeper.
    You get a gift of a goal like that you should step up and drill it into the net. But no, you have to show up the keeper.

Its amazing none of the Newcastle players didnt piledrive the little snot into the ground for that. But thats what has become of Newcastle. No heart, no pride. A defeated side, they couldnt wait to exchange shirts and head for the bus.

Enjoy the trip to Portugal and enjoy the Karma.

22. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I noticed this thing about Ronaldo against Southampton:

He didn't dive, and he was always looking to pass the ball.

I think the Gods smiled down on him and that's the reason he finally got his goal today.

I hope somebody points that out to him.

23. Acronym

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    Yea too many paychecks and sicknotes. Good penalty by the garden gnome lol newcastle are CRAAAAAAAAAP.

24. Acronym

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty
    Rooney player of the month?

25. deco_#10

deco_#10 Member

Mar 22, 2004
    Montreal

I don't have a problem saying if he played well or not... but today he was covered all until you guys started scoring. Everytime he got it, he lost it... He played well in his first games... but I think that if he's well covered... hmmm kind of like vs Portugal he can't do much. He played very well I even have him in my pool...the guy scores. But... I don't think he's going to play the way he did at the beginning of the season all season... becuase as soon as people start covering his ass, he's going to have a lot more trouble.