Manchester United vs Clyde...Park started-Torrent

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Kimsuyun, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Kimsuyun

Kimsuyun New Member

Feb 7, 2004
  2. Kimsuyun

Kimsuyun New Member

Feb 7, 2004
    starting line ups:
    CLYDE: Cherrie; McGregor, Malone, Higgins, McKeown, McHale, Bryson, O’Donnell, Arbuckle, Hunter, Bouadjr.
    Substitutes: Bradley, McGowan, Dick, Hilland, Masterton, Brawley, Hutchinson, Miller. Stirling.

MANCHESTER UNITED: Van der Sar; McShane, Richardson, Pique, Ferdinand, Fletcher, Jones, Kleberson, Rossi, Saha, Park.
    Substitutes: Howard; Bardsley, Eckersley, Smith, O’Shea, Silvestre, Miller, Rooney, Scholes, van Nistelrooy, Giggs.

3. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
    Cheers man ..

I've been hearing good things about Giuseppe Rossi, so it's great to be able to see him in action.

Downloading ..

4. Adidas343

Adidas343 Member

Sep 8, 2003
    Diamond Bar, CA
    thanks, i wonder how he performed...

5. David Leench

David Leench New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    san francisco
    awesome, thanks again Kim.

for those that have already downloaded it, let's hear your impressions.

6. coreaforever

coreaforever BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 13, 2004
    U.S.
    I just watched the first half and Park was a little inconsistent. He had some wonderful touches...like his first touch led to a scoring oppurtunity just the other played missed the shot. Still, he had some touches where he just looked like he lost concentration. He had a blatant hand ball which the referee either missed or decided not to call. He was thinking of his next move before he secured the ball. He started on the right side and like the commentators said it was weird. If you watch the first half he slowly started migrating to the left and played from there. He did have an assist which led to a shot that should have been in but the rebound from that shot was a goal...so...he had an assist's assist...or whatever you want to call it. All around he probably still needs a match and a half to loosen up and play his game. Still, he looks wonderful in that ManU jersey and as a Korean I couldn't be prouder!

7. KovenDreamer

KovenDreamer Member+

Apr 17, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Park was a little sloppy in this game, but it's his first game, and he will definately get better for Manchester United, but I really am unsure if he can live up to expectations. At any rate, best of luck to Ji-Sung.

8. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    I'm struggling to think of any other high-profile Korean players who may have played a match in Scotland, except for Cha Bum-keun who scored against Aberdeen at Pittodrie on the way to Eintracht Frankfurt winning the UEFA Cup. Huh Jung-moo missed the first leg of PSV's 1982/83 UEFA Cup tie at Tannadice but he made a sub appearance in the second leg when they lost to Dundee United.

Some pointless trivia there ;)

9. augietx

augietx Member

Feb 17, 2005
    TexAS
    Park was rusty in this first half.

Still you saw glimpses of his game. I think Park must have really enjoyed his month off, and he's now having to get back into playing mode. He wasn't all there in terms of all out effort, but it's probably because it's the first pre-season game, and there's no need to risk injury. In a few week's time, I think we'll see the true form come out.

10. gatch

gatch Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Seoul and Melbourne
    I noticed Park was wearing the number 11 instead of 13. Has his number changed again? :eek: I suppose 11 is better than 13.
    :p

11. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    is this parks first game?

12. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

nice im trying to download it

13. forzakr

forzakr New Member

Oct 29, 2001
    Seoul, Korea
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    In a ManU uniform, yes

14. johlee_99

johlee_99 New Member

May 31, 2003
    Coppell, TX
    Looked ok. I gave him a 7.1 out of 10. Didn't get much touches as Saha was the feature target. Made some nice touches and showed some pace. Couple bobbles but that was expected in his first game in the Man Utd. uniform.

Anybody have Man Utd schedule offhand or know a link to it?

15. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Just saw the game. Park was slow, deferential and deliberate. Also, he less effective in wing position without Lee Young Pyo for sure. Kind of migrating back and middle to get in the action.

Hopefully he'll get into his energizer bunny mode when the real games start.

16. sebcoe

sebcoe Red Card

Jan 14, 2005
    I don't know how many of the users on this forum have actually played football or any other sport requiring cardiovascular fitness.

But good conditioning cannot be gained after one week of training, that is for certain. In fact it takes at least three weeks of steady training for any significant training effect to occur, and about three months to reach maximal aerobic, i.e, endurance capacity, and another six weeks to two months to reach maximal anaerobic capacity and speed.

So, we shouldn't judge him as being slow.

And about his "position": Ferguson apparently limited his role in light of the factthat he doesn't want Park to work too hard, or give him too much responsibility in his first game. Ferguson has also pointed out that Park appeared most effective, during the matches he observed, when he comes from wide positions toward the center. Ferguson's intention to use Park as an alternate for Giggs on the left is widely known. But I think in this game he wanted to try him on the other wing, so he could determine whether he would also be an alternate for Ronaldo.

To be fair to Park, he made at least three or four exceptional passes that could have been made into legitimate scoring chances. Also, his approach play was excellent. There were at least three or four chances where if his teammates had threaded the ball to him, he would have had a fairly easy shot on goal. One of the previous comments said that he had a "blatant" handball, but I don't see how anyone could determine that it was blatant. And the reason it wasn't called, apparently, is because Clyde regained possession immediately afterward.

So, considering his long rest, and the fact that his conditioning is, relatively speaking, rather poor - and the fact that the other members of the team have had about a two-week head start, we should consider this a strong debut. He made very few mistakes, and his defense was not bad, though not his usual high level.

17. Kimsuyun

Kimsuyun New Member

Feb 7, 2004
    so.....reps :) :) :)

18. augietx

augietx Member

Feb 17, 2005
    TexAS
    Good analysis Sebcoe,

agree with you

19. sebcoe

sebcoe Red Card

Jan 14, 2005
    'Park showed some great movement and a lot of mobility . . ."

From soccernet.com:

Beaten Clyde back 'belting' Man Utd

Clyde 1-5 Manchester United

Clyde manager Graham Roberts has tipped Manchester United to be Chelsea's biggest threat next season.

The former Rangers and Tottenham player witnessed the hunger in Sir Alex Ferguson's squad as they kicked off their pre-season with an impressive 5-1 win at Broadwood.

United are desperate to make amends for failing to win a single trophy last season when the new campaign gets under way and the Englishman senses that all that will change.

'I actually believe that they have a belting squad,' said Roberts. 'They used two great teams - one in each half.

'They scored some great goals against us and always looked dangerous. You sense they have plenty to prove.

'They are not going to be far away in the league this season and they will go well in all competitions.

'I heard Alex say that they can't afford to lose any matches in the Premiership this season - but I believe they can't lose three and that's it.

'For me they will be in the top two down there and they will be stronger than Arsenal and will push the Chelsea team all the way because they have top-quality players all over the park.

'And if they keep those key players fit they are going to have a fantastic season.'

United assistant manager Carlos Queiroz was also impressed with United's first summer run-out - particularly the performances of new arrivals Edwin van der Sar and Park Ji-Sung.

'I was very pleased with them,' said Ferguson's number two.

'Park Ji-Sung did very well in his first game for us which augurs well for the future.

'I don't think Edwin had that much to do but he showed a great attitude and great concentration.

'We want somebody with his leadership qualities at the back and he will be important for us this season.

'Park showed some great movement and a lot of mobility and will continue to get better with games.'

United midfielder Darren Fletcher enjoyed his return to Scotland and the international star believes he could have a smile on his face when he returns to face Italy in the vital World Cup qualifying game early in the new season.

He said: 'We are capable of beating Italy and getting back into the qualifying group.'

20. sebcoe

sebcoe Red Card

Jan 14, 2005
    I'm REPPIN' you BIG TIME! Thanks for the link, ehemmm, I mean "DISTRIBUTION." Please don't deprive us!