Manchester United v Milan match thread [R] Champions League Semi-Final Leg 1

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by odessit19, Apr 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 433tom

433tom New Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Hmmm... rather be losing than tied... Must be an Italian thing. No wonder Italy never won a war. :)

2. odessit19

odessit19 Member+

Dec 19, 2004
    My gun safe
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    You'd understand this POV if you watched Milan play over the years. But time will tell, won't it?

3. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    honestly wtf kinda comment is that...if u tried to be funny ur not..if ur serious than u dont deserve to be here...its a mentality than Milan has had for the last few years to play conservative when they need to just tie to advance or when they play awy...when it comes down to them having to win they play a much betta stlye of football...noone likes losing but in a 2 leg playoff scoring awy goals is the #1 priority when ur awy..when ur home u wanna win...playin at home wit 2 away goals is a good result wit a game to play...
    keep in mind this....
    Man u plays #5 ranked Everton this weekend awy...they r 4 pts ahead of chelsea for premiership title n chelsea play bolton who is in 6th place..so it will be a tough weekend for man u compared to when milan plays a torino team while milan dont have much to lose...as we have a few games left to secure 4th place...so i say this while milan can rest startin players as man u wont rest them as much..i would assume man u would try to win this weekend because they wanna secure the title as much as advancin in cl..but im not man u so i dont kno....but if they did rest their stars than it would be even..but i think milan playin a shittier team n not "competing" for scudetto n concentrating on cl is a major major thing...
    i am looking to a great 2nd leg..very entertainin to say the least...i am impressed wit the style of man u...playin very fast wingers at fwd wit ball winners in midfield...carrick/fletcher i dont believe r finesse players n scholes is just a pure midfielder...so they win the ball n counter to c. ronaldo/giggs..n rooney runs up top....playin a centralized milan midfield team the spreadin out is a good idea...i would like milan to keep playin the same way but inzaghi up top..playin at home for him in a game he must score will pump him up more...kaka hopefully will keep fightin n isnt burnt out yet...seedorf pirlo gattuso holdin down midfield...im thinkin that if ambro got his ************ game outta the way he will play well in the 2nd leg, while our defense should not include an injured maldini...i would hate to waste a sub at ht because he realized he wont last the 90 mins...save him for the final if we make it...if not sorry...u cant sacrifice the team for a legend..or can u? i dunno hopefulyl ancellotti makes the right choice..or maldini recovers 100% in time..! Forza Milan

4. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Rome conquered Britania for how many years again? Why don't you ASSHOLES go troll a board that ACTUALLY CARES about your childish opinions?
    The AMERICANS SAVED YOUR ASSES.

5. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I can give 2 shits about your corporate shit team that you've probably never even seen live, ARMCHAIR.

6. s.t.r.i.p.e.s

s.t.r.i.p.e.s New Member

Jan 11, 2007
    united were getting on top before gattuso left the pitch.

as for maldini? i think you'll find it was nesta whose influence dropped. he had been doing a great job on rooney for an hour, so if you want to look at someone either look at him for losing rooney twice or appreciate that rooney got the better of him for the equaliser and his brilliant finish for the winner caught nesta by suprise.

7. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ^^^the first rooney goal was a trap that oddo misplayed and rooney stayed level with oddo behind nesta (credit to him for having the savvy to do that, a few years ago he might not have had the presence to take advantage, also scholes chip was class), but it was not nesta's fault, not at all. defense isn't always a one-on-one, it's a team responsibility, so if a guy scores you can't just look at the defender nearest him and point the finger and sya "your fault." it's silly. also, h tird goal waas mainly on brocchi and then on somewhat on dida. the defense (not just nesta, but the whole backline on that counter kept its shape and did as ell as it could considering they were exposed to a needless counter-attack started by a horrendous giveaway). nesta wasn't at fault for either others were (not too take anything away from rooney or giggs, as even with mistakes you still have to execute and take advantage, and they did).

Nesta had a very good game (not his best mind you, but very good imo)

and gattuso left around the 55' and that was right after milan had gotten two dangrous plays on united's goal in the second half and still looked very good. so, no you're statement about they were gtting the better before he left is incorrect, now, whether they would have gotten had he stayed on well, possibly, but it's all hypothetical woulda/coulda/shoulda talk that I don't like to get into.

8. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    The loss negates the away goals. If our defense is still all out then it forces you to attack our weakness but also leaves you open at the back for a counterattack. Both sides will get goals and if we play our normal attacking system, not one which dumps Rooney as a lone striker and forces Giggs/Ronaldo to stick to the wings, then I think we will go through. Again, it all depends on the system used. Some of our plauers will also have yellow cards and potentially missing the final in their heads. It's disappointing that injuries have wrecked what could have been two great games against our sides.

9. 433tom

433tom New Member

Jun 16, 2006

Gosh, a bit touchy are we? It was only meant as light hearted banter.

As for Rome, that was Rome, not Italy. But I do need to correct myself. You kicked Ethiopia's butt (sort of). :)

10. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You must be joking?

1st: stop trolling.
    2nd: Don't talk about Italy and losing when they have 5 stars on their national kit and England has 1.
    3rd: Remember who saved you from speaking German....the USA.

11. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    @ catfish ^^^ 4 stars and 1 euro championship, unless you're making early predictions for 2010:p

12. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    this thread has run it's course, now it's just becoming a mess. The second leg thread will be up soon.

Closed.