Manchester United to offer Luis Figo a 2 year deal?

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Roy Da Silva, Nov 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Rumours are circulating that Real Madrid will not renew the contracts of Luis Figo. Manchester Untied will offer the free agent a new 2 year deal worth $200,000 a week. or a 2 year $ 19.2 million dollar deal.

2. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    He has the #7 waiting for him at Sporting. If anything, I really feel that he will want to wind up his career when he has a shot at contributing to a SCP title. He has said time and time again that he wants to finish with SCP and win the SuperLiga with them, so I am holding him to his promise. C'mon home, Luis - Sportinguistas are salivating waiting for your return. :)

3. Roy Da Silva

Roy Da Silva New Member

Sep 24, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    He can still go to Manchester United for a couple of years and then play one year with Sporting CP. It not suprise me when he is completed playing that he buys a ton of Shares in Sporting and own 25% of the Club.

4. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I personally think it will be a bad move if he decides to go to Man u, for the simple reason that the pace of the Epl is too fast for somebody who's lost a step over the last year. We all seen what he did at the Euro's and that was basically play a good 45 min. and then wonder around for the rest of the game and throw himself to the ground. Still a very good player if allowed to play only half a game but just an above average player when he's left outhere for the full 90 minutes.

5. CrisRicHeldTiago

CrisRicHeldTiago New Member

Sep 13, 2004
    I agree 100%. We all watched Figo at Euro sweatin buckets like he just came out of a frickin sauna, or like he was playin soccer in the frickin Sahara. The hair gel starts to run down his frickin face(lookin like Tammy Faye Baker), he starts to stumble...its happening more than usual. I love the guy...eh, if anybody stuck up for him or was his PR guy it was me. But Figo ain't a starter for the Portuguese NT...how do u expect him to get decent playing time for the elite of Europe. Gimme a break! Ok, he's Real Madrid's best player...but that's gonna last all of this year and part of the next...and that's it! Plus It's kinda lookin like Real won't even sign him after this year. So what's he gonna do now? Sign for ManU? Sign for Inter Milan? Sign for Tel Aviv? Figo should just go to Sporting...play two more seasons and then call it caputo. Hang up the sneakers...get buzy with the wife, have 10 more kids. Keep it simple. The guy has had an amazing career...the average player and fan would kill, well thats a bit harsh, mame a person for what he's done professionally. Anyways thats my 0.02

6. PORTO.PORTO.PORTO

PORTO.PORTO.PORTO New Member

Oct 15, 2004
    Toronto
    Thats what we need aother good winger so it will be figo and Ronoldo on each side because giggs is the man but not right now need a new face in there ....Glory Glory MAN UTD :)

7. subbuteo

subbuteo New Member

Dec 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. |--LdC--|

|--LdC--| New Member

Nov 16, 2003
    Lisboa/Portugal
    He wouldn´t have any kind of problem in England, he still is a great player, the Euro 04 situation was different, because he had played more than 60 games with Real Madrid after a pre season around the world...
    I was also disapointed with is performances in Euro, but i saw most of his games in Real Madrid and he was constantly one of the best "galacticos", only he and Raul had some dignity last year.

9. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    is he taking Giggs place? i don't think so, is he taking Ronaldo's place? i don't think so? does he want to be benched? i don't think so..nuf' said

10. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I could see him going to Chelsea seeing as they don't have a true right-winger... would be a good fit for him IMO. But honestly I think if he doesn't go to Chelsea it'll be back to Portugal unless Milan get him...

which reminds me Milan are the Bolton of Italy but with sucess...

11. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    Chelsea is trying to buy joaquin to RW, Mourinho doens't want Figo, cause he's too old and expensice, Joaquin is almost the same price and he's younger

12. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You think price matters at Chelsea? They could get them both... but either way, I could see both going anyways. Simply because Mourinho is very smart with rotating players every other game or so

13. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    well, nowadays Mourinho don't buy older players, and Joaquin is better than Figo already

14. deco_#10

deco_#10 Member

Mar 22, 2004
    Montreal
    Figo can easily replace Giggs...and I'm sure Sir Alex would like a 2nd world class right winger... Because he's over playing Ronaldo and he knows it... he just doesn't have a choice becuase there's no one else who's able to make an impact on that side.

15. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    We have to remember that Carlos Queiros is at United and is very close to Figo. The idea of Figo moving to Man United is not out of the question.

16. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    another Figo thread, we most have over 100

17. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga