Manchester United - Arsenal [R] [Boot II] - Part Deux

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Motterman, Oct 25, 2004.

1. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did you also know about the Leicester and Boro ones, or was that before you hopped on the Arsenal bandwagon?

So what does that prove, that our defenders aren't dirty players? That we have keepers who manage to save spot kicks? Oh right it proves that the FA and all their referees are being paid off by someone in a posh, velvet-covered office at Old Trafford. :rolleyes:

2. THFC1

THFC1 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    South East London
    It is funny how Wenger saw that it wasn't a penalty remember Pires against Portsmouth last season he never saw that

3. king_saladin

king_saladin New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    MI, USA
    I can't stand dives
    But I guess it was the defender's fault for putting his leg out either way?
    I don't understand why it matters whether or not the player actually falls.

4. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    I dunno which Boro one you are talking about and Leicester one is the one which happened November 17, 2001

yes i jumped on the Arsenal bandwagon in 1996

5. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    After a DOMINATING performance in which you lot just throttled Arsenal*(denotes obvious sarcasm)

at the end of the day, you lot are a midtable team that wont have a ref like mike riley everyweekend. You will lose many points along the way, do fvck all in the CL, maybe make a run in the FA cup but you still have an extremely average team and are 8 points ALREADY behind US!! lol
    i guess there will not be anymore nonsense over a pires dive or somesuch as you had to consistently CHEAT the entire match to win... Ruud will get suspended for that horrific and blatant attack at Cole... and im sure there will be some sort of revenge when you tossers visit highbury. if you are proud of how THAT team played yesterday, ,well, then just goes to show what type of plastic fans manyoo have...
    you are a fvcking joke of a football club after that performance.. and i'm glad the whole of england is takin the piss at your ineptness.... i reckon we win the league by a good 18 points from you lot... good luck catching BOLTON AND EVERTON!!! LOL!!!!
    tossers

6. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    The number of penalties given against United at OT is a rediculous thing to bring up. Its something that happens in almost all sports to almost all great/dominant teams.

Fact: Great teams (who are often the focus of such accusations because of jealous fans whose club is not as great) are great for a reason - they have good players. In football, those teams usually have a good attack which posseses the ball alot and a good defence which stops most attacks before they start. That in itself is a big reason few penalties are called. Another contributor is the intimidation factor. Refs like players are human and they also get taken up by the situation and their performance is affected. When placed in a hostile/intimidating stadium especially if the stadium is large and has alot of history sometimes gets to refs. Its understandable.

I have no idea on the stats of this but I would be willing to wager that the majority of teams that finish in the top 3 in their league consistently have very few penalties called against them in their own stadia.

7. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    Phishy are u on crack..were the first real threatening side u've played (besides that inform bolton team which u tied 2-3) and u lose...u have played barely anyone else, we've already played tottenham, liverpool, chelski, an inform everton...we'll just wait and see how you guys do when u start playing these harder teams...don't worrry u'll have ur time...oh and by the way, after seeing the replay of that second goal, WTF 1 FVCKING DEFENDER MY WHITE ASS....pass went from giggs with two defenders around him, to saha with a further two around him, to smith with one defender challenging him, then to Rooney, who had Lauren, leisurely jogging back behind him...ahh wat a delision you Arsenal fans live in...it must be really tough

8. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pride before a fall, kiddo. Make statements like those, and expect them to come back to you when they are proven wrong. You can try diplomacy all you want at that point, won't matter to most of the folks in here. And as you claim not to be a plastic fan, you know quite well what this club is capable of doing when we're down.

9. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    johno
    thats not the thing
    the penalty appeals are there and they are very blatant but they dont get given
    thats very different from no penalty appeals to give
    its obvious the referees are intimidated there

10. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    right on achtung...
    fair shout...
    thats why i am saying this NOW..
    so down the road, ill say i told ya so..
    if im wrong, ill be the first to admit it~~~
    cheers guys :D

11. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Stop while you are ahead.. you are beginning to sound like Wenger... do not blame others for your inadequacies... if Arsenal had scored its customarily 3 goals a game that they averaged at that point they would have won. Suggesting that this loss, or any other loss for Arsenal is the referee's fault is silly. What's worse is suggesting that United specifically get preferential treatment consistently at OT more so than other top clubs do at their respective home grounds.

ManU has been going through thel longest rough stretch in a while over the period of Rio's ban. We fans were rightly upset about it and blamed the FA for banning Rio. That is similar to you guys blaming Riley for costing you a goal. However, we also had to examine the fact that we lacked quality depth in defense. What did we do? We went out and bought Heinze, we have tried to play more conservative players in the middle of the park to sure up the defence. Yes the FA screwed us over, but we still played like sh!te at the time. Yes, Riley screwed you over, but you did not play like a winning team on Sunday... you just did not. We have used our embarrasment last year with a weak defence to forge what is perhaps the best defence in England since Rio's return. 2 goals from 5 prem matches let in and one was an own goal.

12. triplelake

triplelake New Member

Feb 20, 2004
    Bay Area, California
    Ok, so you've just been beaten by a "midtable", "extremely average" team. What does that make you? A below average team? haha...

13. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah.... there you are phishy~

14. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    yeah, u know he is really beat up about this loss... that post did not include a ~ amazingly...

Rooney has been listening to too much hip hop...

"When you get in the box just drop like its hot"

and Ruud

"When the ball's on the spot ma pop it like its hot"

LOL - I am having way too much phun ~

This is just a joke guys, nothing serious - its not meant to offend.

15. TxTechGooner

Feb 24, 2003
    unlucky a referee (who has a VERY dubious history) awarded a penalty that simply should not of been... and ruud should of been sent off for the challenge on cole, and nevile should of been sent off for that RECKLESS challenge on Reyes... etc, etc, etc...
    this is a one off... you lot will still struggle vs the pompey's and the boro's of the league... no concern here~

16. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From Tuesday, Sept 28th:

All the prematch was about how physical our encounter was going to be, it's laughable to see how shocked they are all acting...

17. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    So how did that trip to Greece go, again?

18. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    So........are you suggesting Arsenal buy their own referee then?

19. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    I hope you enjoyed those 49. They helped to get you a premiership trophy. Do that another, what? 3? no... 4? no.... 6, yes you'll need 6 premiership titles IN A ROW to get ahead of ManU.

20. Acronym

Acronym BigSoccer Yellow Card

Nov 26, 2003
    Ol' blighty

EAT IT EAT IT. Game of football mate not ballet. If you cany play with men then stick to synchronised swimming or something. Funny isnt it when the boot is on the other foot?

21. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    How conviently you forget Arse's struggles this year - Panathinaikos, Rosenberg, Bolton. Bolton? You let Bolton tie you at Highbury? Then there was Pompey, Birmingham, Everton, Rotherham, Fulham, Leicester, Bolton, Spurs.

22. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    So you're claiming something, let's see you present some facts.

23. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    And exactly what does a 8 point lead 2 months before boxing day mean? You've followed the game a bit, tell us. Does it really mean that much? Haven't you seen teams like Southampton, Bolton, and others reaching lofty heights at this time of the year only to have disappeared come January? More importantly, Arse has been in this position before and haven't held on to it. Calm down about the 8 points. Take a nice xanium. It'll help. And then once you've relaxed let us know what Arse has done in the CL.

24. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    My word, what a bunch of big babies some of these Arse fans are.

[​IMG]

Get over it. You lost. It's happens sometimes. Now concentrate on your next game.

25. prk166

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    And he didn't complain when Halsey first pointed at the spot for Fulham and then changed his mind after his players swarmed Halsey to complain.

I think Wenger's trying to use this to do the ol' wind up for his boys. Get them believing that they've been mistreated and the world is against them so they go out there and play that much harder.