Manchester confirms Lampard on at MCFC for full season

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by MLSFan10, Dec 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #1726 Sounders78, Jan 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2015
    Because sometimes one doesn't feel like having to engage in conversation with someone who comes across as (and I'm trying to be polite here) somewhat obsessive. If this were a pub I would be finding other people to talk with than having a pint with you and having to justify every single thing I ever said. It's tedious and highly annoying.

2. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    #1727 tab5g, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
    To be fair this was my response. It was an honest attempt to farther discussion, not an attempt to drag things out.

I am trying to understand why people hold the opinions they do. Asking for additional clarification -- beyond the initial "drive-by" and vague analytical claim -- seems like a reasonable use of this forum.

If you have analysis to contribute to a thread, please do so. But if some other poster asks you to explain farther or offer more reasoning for your thinking, please also do that. Don't just give the "please stop talking about it" answer.

If people wanted to stop talking about it, they wouldn't pop into this thread to post --

3. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    #1728 tab5g, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
    So then don't reply or engage.

This is the forum for replies and trying to engage in the subject, yes?

Feel free to grab a different bar stool and talk about something else. But if you're going to post in this thread, then sit here and perhaps try to engage on the NYCFC topic. Don't try to shout down someone who has a different opinion from you and certainly don't try to have others end their own conversation. Don't want to engage farther on this topic, or think others are talking too obsessively about it -- fine, move along.

Want to discussion NYCFC's business and operational choices, then yes read/listen along and chime in to keep the conversation going. Don't try to tell others you're not interested in the topic. Just show us you aren't by taking your conversation elsewhere on some other subject to your heart's content.

So again, what pairs of options has NYCFC been presented with, and for which was the "worse choice" made by them?

(Note, you do not need to engage or respond. Someone else could chime in if they wanted to do so and could farther support your statement and actually keep the conversation going forward about the topic. Thanks.)

4. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    Real analysis (say on a N&A
    forum) should or could be a bit, or very, tedious.

Want a more general discussion? There's an available forum for those types of general comments, yes?

5. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since you've said that, I think this thread has outlived its usefulness. There's very little news on this at the moment, and the "analysis" is going in circles.

Closed. If you all have more to say on this, I'd suggest opening up a thread in the general forum.

DynamoEAR, SoccerPrime, jayd8888 and 5 others repped this.