MANCHESTER CITY vs REAL MADRID | Champions League Quarterfinal 2nd Leg | 17.04.24 | 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Apr 16, 2024.

1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Aensensen and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  2. INST

INST Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 15, 2023
    We managed to be okay on the ball in the first 25 mins or so. But were poor on the ball after, especially the second half. Didn’t have much choice due to their playing style. On another day they might’ve scored those chances. Or on another day we might have been to actually get out of our own half.

But we won so all is good :)

3. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    S1na, Aensensen, Saeta Rubia and 5 others repped this.
  4. Galatico

Galatico Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 15, 2019
    Thank you football gods for siding with us over the arrogant demonic "philosopher"

5. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    #1556 Nir_O, Apr 18, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
    Anon., yoanaidarov, natenate101 and 5 others repped this.
  6. Galatico

Galatico Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 15, 2019
    It would've eaten me alive if Luka's missed penalty cost us the tie. I'm happy for him because he deserves to go out on top.

MerlinRM, Anon., Aensensen and 5 others repped this.
  7. temesgen

temesgen Member+

Jun 27, 2004
    I find the criticism of us using a low block telling. We deal with that in Spain often and it's hard to break and one of the reasons we struggle to win La Liga.

And if someone is going to criticize us for defending you might want to add the context about number of ACL tears, the missing midfielder due to suspension.

If we lose it's because we suck. If we win it's because the best teams don't always win; the commentary will never give us credit, we just need to ignore the narrative and keep doing our thing.

Digital, Anon., Shay Z and 5 others repped this.
  8. gladiator guti

gladiator guti Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    Liverpool was a better team in the final... yada yada....that's Jamie for you. Except Henry, the quality of the crew between CBS and BBC is black and white. Paramount+ crew is very much a groupthink.

temesgen repped this.
  9. Nir_O

Nir_O Member+

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Mar 16, 2019
    Fuera del Juego and russian hattie repped this.
  10. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    We'll probably face them again next year. Our players will have thicker skin, and we'll attack more, I believe.
    Last game was a humiliating 0-4 (guess we were not Madrid that day as we gave up pretty quickly). Yesterday, we did not allow them to score for 70 minutes. That's a visible evolution.
    With Mbappe and fewer injured players, we can face them on more equal terms.
    Remontadas and heroic wins are very satisfying. But I want to see us kicking their asses too. Maybe in a final? That would be nice.

11. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Guardiola is a god fearing Christian man.

Galatico repped this.
  12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Man that one Nacho scraped off the line almost gave me a seizure.

13. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    It hurts me to see Nacho struggling. Like I said yesterday, he should retire gracefully. Just announce his retirement during celebrations in Cibeles or something. Imagine winning a final double as a canterano and captain. There's nothing else he could accomplish anywhere else.

russian hattie repped this.
  14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ancelotti said that's the only way to make it past Manchester City. We can point to injuries, players, whatever but Carlo made it clear it was intentional to play this way.

We're just proud of it cause it worked. If it wouldn't have the praise would be all about how we went there to play like cowards.

hector_br repped this.
  15. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I thought he would trip but he kept himself on his feet to clear a danger he created

16. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
  17. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Nacho was great yesterday and stepped up when needed, as did the other 10 and subs.

18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Anon., temesgen, Ahmadi8 and 3 others repped this.
  19. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I still can't get over Rudi kissing one off the bar after glancing that way in his preparation

ridiculous

Digital and natenate101 repped this.
  20. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Couldn't happen to a nicer guy

Aensensen and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  21. Dr. MvN

Dr. MvN Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Oct 22, 2018
    Estados Unidos
    Something tells me that's fake, but I remember a video from the 2016 Euros where a Turkish man berated his wife for asking a stupid question during a game where Turkey was trailing, and she made it her mission with some kind of TV remote that worked throughout the house to turn the TV off from another room every time Turkey was looking to be in a potential goal scoring situation. It eventually ended with the man destroying a remote, a laptop, and the television itself.

...I get it. That kind of stuff is no different than watching an online stream where it starts glitching, especially at the worst possible moments. Drives me insane, after a while I give up and just finish watching the game later.

22. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not only that, but Xavi's Barca has been playing like that even against us at times. In fact, Barca has been playing an unusually conservative style since Xavi took over. That fanbase is clearly delusional (with a few exceptions) and exceptionally salty. I'm more than fine proceeding to the semi-final the way we did; it sure as hell beats attempting to play park the bus at home but ultimately failing and being knocked out by the weakest PSG in years.

temesgen and hector_br repped this.
  23. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Real Madrid are unbeaten in this season's Champions League after 10 games. 7 wins and 3 draws.

Anon., Digital, Deep Pal and 4 others repped this.