MANCHESTER CITY vs REAL MADRID | Champions League Quarterfinal 2nd Leg | 17.04.24 | 21:00 CET

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Must be added that they won it it was was probably the worst Champions League tournament in recent memory. The likes of Barcelona being a shadow of their former selves and going out in the group stages, similar to Juventus. Atletico finishing bottom, Chelsea just sucking in general.

The only team that could have realistically beaten them last season was us, and even we sucked.

2. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Nullify Haaland and they are reduced to pot shots outside of the box. They will score a worldie now and then from it because they have guys like Foden and KdB but ain't happening every game.

Our defensive performance was up there with the very best this club has displayed.

3. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Everyone busted their ass man

impressive

Saeta Rubia and Deep Pal repped this.
  4. gladiator guti

gladiator guti Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    I watched the game again last night. Lunin had the game of his life. That point-blank shot was the only time they could break him. He stopped every shot/cross threw at him. Silva spot kick save was brilliant.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This has to be your finest moment here in a while. :D

6. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Saw a theory today saying Silva beat Kepa in Carabao cup final with same middle of the goal PK and apparently he conveyed this to Lunin to take that risk if not diving when he was on for shoot out.

Saeta Rubia, Deep Pal and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  7. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  8. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Still buzzing. What a night, what a game, what a team. Carlo is the perfect Real Madrid manager, thank you!

Anon. and Deep Pal repped this.
  9. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Is this right?

VJ, Bellingham and Camavinga are one card away from suspension. Dani is suspended for the next match, right?

10. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
  11. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Cards got
    Erased

so only Dani

Anon., Lyra, Shay Z and 5 others repped this.
  12. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  13. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    I gave this match a lot of thought overnight, especially as I wanted to focus on something else instead of Palmeiras' defeat.

Of course, I am very happy with the win, and most of the things that annoyed me were caused by the players' lack of experience. The good thing is that games like the one from yesterday will certainly make our young players stronger and wiser.

Rodrygo almost missed his goal, and we conceded possession due to a lot of unforced errors. Those were the things that annoyed me. I understand why they happened, and they would've been a big deal if we had lost, but thank God we didn't.

I'm not bringing up those negatives to HaTe or TroLL you. Honest opinion.

Now, onto the positives:

Madrid was a solid block. It was like Mourinho's spirit was looking down on us.
    We (Carlo) learned from the 0-4 fiasco.
    Aside from Modric, our PK takers were absolutely perfect, especially Vasquez (give the man an extension).
    Lunin

Now onto the personal stuff:

I know you hate when I say we are their bitches, or make fun of the overly optimistic (and sometimes arrogant) catchphrases. Don't take it personally. Some things I say in the heat of the moment, some things I say to get a laugh.

Of course, Real Madrid has the Champions League in its DNA, and we know how to play this competition (after a long and painful relearning process).

We are now facing another UCL giant, and even though I'm much more optimistic about this game than I was about the City game, I don't take it as an automatic win yet. We are Madrid. They are Bayern. Anything can happen. I'd say we are slight favorites.

Congrats to everyone. You make supporting Madrid an even better experience for me.

14. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

we are Madrid
    Never in doubt
    We never give up
    Madrid always finds a way
    We never die
    there, take that my friend :D

15. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    #1540 Ahmadi8, Apr 18, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2024
    He should be our main penalty taker.:cool:

16. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Slow down guys, he's not even a starter :laugh:

Anon., Shay Z, natenate101 and 3 others repped this.
  17. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Anon., Shay Z, Saeta Rubia and 3 others repped this.
  18. INST

INST Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 15, 2023

:rolleyes:

Ssr9 repped this.
  19. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What an incredible win, what a team, the youngsters are learning how to get it done, one way or the other, now to get past the next hurdle

All together now….” We is Madrid, we never give up!!!!”
    And not doing too great in the other Euro comps either, considering their “depth” of “great” teams, oh well…..maybe next season….
    But Ferland can’t cross and doesn’t attack nonstop soooo…..although I still remember and bring up those days when we were unhappy how open that left channel was when we had one of the greatest and one of my favorites playing there for us
    If the opportunity is there, even though the emotion might not be the same because it’s not live, I can’t not watch Madrid, watched every minute, but that must have been torturous for you guys live
    Very happy for Lunin, he’s been super patient on this team for years, I was one advocating for him to have a shot at starting after Tbo went down, he’d more than earned his chance, glad he’s grasped it with both hands so far, hopefully he can take us all the way, he’s got a few medals with us would be good to see him get one or two this season where he participated full time and was decisive and who knows maybe even many more in the future

Deep Pal, temesgen and J-Mezzy repped this.
  20. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    [​IMG]

Nacho wants it.

Anon., libertao, Shay Z and 8 others repped this.
  21. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This gives me goosebumps. It also makes me a bit emotional. Especially seeing the players of the old guard: Nacho, Carvajal, Lucas V, Kroos and Modric celebrate with the next generation of players. What a ride it has been. It is such a pleasure to be a fan of Real Madrid and enjoy this epic fairytale. Fans of other teams will never know this feeling. It is exclusively ours.

Congratulations to all my fellow Madridistas. I'm still buzzing from this result. But it's not yet done. 3 more positive results to lift the 15th. We need to respect the other teams in the competition. But the Real Madrid magic is just something else.

Shay Z, Saeta Rubia, sneakking and 2 others repped this.
  22. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Real Madrid
    Colombia
    Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I wanted city

think I was the only one

23. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nope. I did too if you recall.

Anon., Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  24. INST

INST Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 15, 2023
    Bayern won’t be easy, but we should at least have more of the ball and attacking plays. And we also play the return leg at home, no?

Give it their best once again and see what happens. I’m so damn happy we didn’t get knocked out by City twice in a row.

zizou555, Shay Z, Saeta Rubia and 5 others repped this.
  25. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    This is a comment from Barça Forum.
    They played (or tried to play) exactly like us against PSG. Insanity.