ManagerZone!

Discussion in 'Games' started by jd6885, Aug 1, 2002.

1. GunnerSabotTank

GunnerSabotTank New Member

Jan 18, 2000
    Middlesex, NJ
    Oh crap....he did and I forgot to respond. Yeah...count me in if not to late. Gonna be in Phili this weekend (Wedding.) Recommend any place good to eat?

2. rifkin

rifkin Member

Mar 8, 2001
    Philly
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You better tell him quick cuz some other guy wants your spot.

Come to the Dark Horse on 2nd between Lombard and Pine Sunday morning for the Charity Shield, Arsenal vs. Liverpool.

What kind of food do you like? There are great places to eat all over Philly.

3. GunnerSabotTank

Jan 18, 2000
    Middlesex, NJ
    Cool....I may be able to make it I'm staying at the Holiday Inn near Ind. Hall. If you see a short, dumpy white guy looking lost (in a Charlton Athletic Jersey) - that's me!

As for food....anything is cool. When I eat out I like to experiment - so some good ethnic places would be cool.

4. Playable Back

Playable Back New Member

Apr 26, 2002
    I just got pounded 6-1 in my first league match.
    Is there any way to change tactics mid-game?
    Boy is it going to be a looong season....

5. rifkin

rifkin Member

Mar 8, 2001
    Philly
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    There is a Caribbean place on Chestnut between 2nd and 3rd. It used to be named Saboor, but I think they changed the name a few months ago to Tropical or similar. Also on Chestnut between 2nd and Front is Brasil's a Brazilian place of course, Kabul - an Afgany place, some other Mideast place with Bellydancing, an Indian place, and a Mexican place. I think your Hotel is on Chestnut near all these places. The best Mexican is on Locust near 16th called Tequila's. A bit pricey and probably a cab ride for you. There are a lot of nice places in the area you are in. Oh yeah on 2nd near Market is Cuba Libre, a cuban place that is good, though the crowd is a bit of a poser crowd.

6. GunnerSabotTank

Jan 18, 2000
    Middlesex, NJ
    Cool....I love wathcing 'posers' and I like Cuban. The belly dancer sounds good as well....wife might not enjoy it as much as me. I'll have the car so no worry about a cab. How far is the hotel from the pub (for the game.)

7. rifkin

rifkin Member

Mar 8, 2001
    Philly
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    About 7 or 8 blocks. Here is the address, put it in mapquest or something:

421 South Second Street
    Philadelphia, PA 19147

8. rifkin

rifkin Member

Mar 8, 2001
    Philly
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sorry Gunner and I co-opted this thread for our 'restaurant guide of Philadelphia' conversation. Back to your Managerzone discussion.

9. Bklynfootballer

May 17, 2001
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey yall, i just joined yesterday, my team is Brooklyn Brawlers FC and i just challenged a bunch of you guys for tomorrow morning games. Please challenge me for an evening game if you're not able to do the morning game, or just challenge me anytime. I've played most of the other games (HT, WES, sunday league) and i'm looking foward to seeing how this one compares. Good luck to all for a successful season.

10. KiQuE

KiQuE New Member

Aug 14, 2002
    Somebody challenge me!

Can somebody challenge me? My username is: KiQuE. Team:Goodlettsville FC.

I don't know how to use this thing, so anybody that plays me will end up beating me 5-0.

I have a few questions.

How long does it take for a players attributes to go up when you put them in training?

On the site it says my next game is in 4 days. Is there any way that I can play before this? I'm anxious to try it out but I can't figure anything out in this game. I don't know how to issue challenges, etc.

11. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    I'll take challenges as well, before my team completely runs out of money.

Lughnasa OS
    Div. 3.23

12. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can challenge people by going to someone's team site. There is a "challenge" tab on their team page and you can challenge them to a friendly. People usually accept your challenges if you give a home and an away match. Only home matches give you money. For you new people, these formations I have found to be successful to use so far:

---------------S------------------
    ----------F---------F-------------
    ----------------------------------
    --------------AM-----------------
    ---------D-----------D----------
    --------------SW----------------

This is good if you have 1 really good Striker (S) with good ball control and shooting, 2 pretty good Forwards (F) with good shoting and passing, 1 Attacking Midfielder (AM) with game good passing/cross balls, and ball control. the two Midfielders (M) should have good speed, the defensive midfielder (DM) should have good tackling and game intelligence, the SWeeper with good tackling and game intelligence and the other two defenders (D) with good tackling. Always play this with short passing, normal aggression, and attacking.

If you are in division 3 or lower, when I say good, I mean 3 balls in that attribute at least.

----------------F-------------F-----------------
    ------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------AM-----------------------
    W---------------M------------M--------------W
    -------------D---------D----------D-----------

This one is good if you have players that are good midfielders the two wings (W) need to have good stamina and speed and as well as good crossing. Stamina might not be as important, but I think the most important attributes for them are crossballs and speed. Stamina only comes to play later in the game when your player gets tired, so it's up to you if you think you feel confident with your wingers. The rest of the positions need the same attributes as the above formation. Play this using the wings, aggressive, and offensive/normal.

13. jd6885

jd6885 Member

Jun 30, 2001
    Tacoma
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    for those of you who don't know how to play friendlies....

Click on Sports Bar, then Ranking, you can sort out all the types of teams that you want to play with the "Index" box to the right of the list. Click the team name that you want to play against, and when you get to that team's site, click the "challenge" tab to the right of the "Team" tab. As said before, challenge a home and away friendly because they might not accept the challenge if it's only a home match for you.

I usually try to play Division III Americans because Division III Swedes are harder cuz they had a whole lot more time to build up thier teams. The other nations besides Sweden are new to the game so if you are worried that you might totally bomb out in a game... Also, you might want to consider the division the team you are playing is in.

14. Diamond Titan

Diamond Titan New Member

Jun 2, 2001
    They don't have any cups yet so how about the BigSoccer Open Cup?

I'm Rushden and Diamonds FC, but if you want in I'll start a separate post if there's enough interest.

The Challenges look quite good at this point, not like Hattrick, every Wednesday.

15. Matteo

Matteo New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    managerzone

i dont like this one

16. KiQuE

KiQuE New Member

Aug 14, 2002
    You're Rushden and Diamonds FC? You destroyed my team 5-1:(. My team is Goodlettsville FC. How long have you been playing this ManagerZone thing?

17. iansfavouritecopilot

Jun 21, 2002
    Hartlepool, UK
    I just joined up to ManagerZone

Hartlepool Stars FC I think

Id probably be enjoying it more if it went a bit faster, but I think thats my computers fault, or maybe this stupid Modem.

When I went to select the team, I thought the Goalkeepers would have had a different jersey designated to their icon or something......and I had a brief look on the training screen, it just plain baffled me, dammit.

Looks OK though, Ive never done anything like this before. I question why Im doing it in the first place because I know nothing can be better than CM.
    Anyways......
    Is the game played in real-time?