Man Utd Vs. West Brom - Boxing Day [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Motterman, Dec 21, 2005.

1. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Half time thoughts:

It's dangerous to think that we already won, I know, but I really think we did. This West Brom team is total crap and they seriously haven't and even ONE crack at goal yet I don't think. A safe win is in order, and I think we should utilize some of our younger guys as a sub today.

Rio/Park playing the best thus far. Park seems like he's playing with great confidence and Rio is just so effective coming up forward today, as well as defending (though that's not doing much today :D ) Rooney and RVN doing well to hold up the ball, and Fletch and Paul distributing the ball very well. Giggs bit invisible on the left side but he did make that assist to Rio for the second goal. Captain Nev also fantastic coming up the field.

Put KRich for Giggsy sometime early in the second half and give Rossi and Saha more time up there as well, is what I say we do.

2. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Rooney looking a bit flustered out there with the prevent. He's made a couple of nice runs though.

Majority of runs being done on the right side with Neville making some nice passes out there. He looks dangerous out there. Park is reeking havoc looking like a dart. He's bouncing off the walls tonight.

3. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Damn, I wonder what's wrong cuz PPLive for me for once is working PERFECTLY... do you have the newest version?

4. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Yeah man I do, the one with the Engine and TV seperate. I start up the engine, click the link and I see something pop up called DragonTV...then nothing...nothing happens at all. Does it take long to start up Windows Media player or something? For some reason I'm having problems with Sopcast as well, I dont get it.

5. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Yeah man, it takes a while for the WMP to come up, so wait for few minutes or so until it buffers and comes on. If you can see percentage thing going up when you point the arrow over the PPLive engine, then it's loading so it should work eventually.

Good luck!

6. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    ughhh brown is off ...i hope hes not hurt :(

7. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    word is he is.

8. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Gah...

Yeah, I hope its the case of just giving other players more time...

If Brown gets hurt then that's not good for the team OR him, with Vidic coming very soon...

9. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    It's KRich in for Brown...

Yes, this means that O'Shea is now the CB :eek:

10. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    It works now, thanks alot man! :cool:

11. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Fantastic ;) Hope we can see more goals now!

Oh, do note that there is about 5 minute delay between actual broacast and PPLive one.

12. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    smithy on for scholesy

13. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Rooney misses the top right corner by INCHES after a screamer of a shot!! Would have been beautiful if it went in.

14. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Saha for RVN....

15. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That was sick

16. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    R. V. N.

GREAT ball from Park to Smith, then GREAT cross by Smith to RVN with a simple header. 3-0.

West Brom keeper looked like he didn't even try :D

17. loublaze

loublaze Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Smyrna, GA, USA
  18. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  19. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    3-0 FT.

West Brom never had a chance.

Be back with ratings in a bit.

20. K_19

K_19 New Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    This game was simple as we expected it to be, and I'm more pleased than anything at seeing another solid TEAM effort. There wasn't a big standout or anything but everyone contributed and our goals today were all well taken.

Ratings:

VDS: Solid when he had to be, otherwise not much work. Been hearing that a lot lately. :D 7.

Ferdinand: One candidate for MOTM. He was great at bringing up the ball forward and scored a well taken header off a corner. Solid in defense when he had to be, too (which wasn't much). 8.5.

Brown: Didn't have much to do at all, and was solid along with Rio until he left with an (apparently) injury. 7.

Neville: Excellent at bringing up the ball forward and was responsible for starting most of our attacks down the right. Great in defense as well in a great performance. 8.

O'Shea: No frills in either left back or centerback. Good flawless game from him. 7.

Fletcher: Once again, quietly effective. He distributed the ball well and did his part in defense as usual. Some misplaced passes as usual but in the end he continued his great form of late. 7.

Scholes: Well taken goal, great distribution of the goal, and well deserved rest afterwards. Superb. 7.5.

Park: The other candidate for MOTM. He was everywhere today, and his passing and ball control was solid. He's playing with so much confidence right now and it showed... he even had 2 markers on him at once sometimes, which says all for his effectiveness today. 8.5.

Giggs: Quiet for the most part but solid and dependable when he held the ball. Well delivered corner for Rio's goal. 7.

Rooney: Great runs and attempts as usual, though he wasn't in his greatest form. Looked a bit frustrated, but he was still threatening. Only an average game for his standards. 7.

RVN: A simple header for the 3rd goal and he held up the ball well in our half. Had few decent attempts and showed why he's one of the best target man out there. 7.5.

Smith: Took over for Scholesy flawlessly and a great cross delivered for Ruud for the final goal. 7.5.

Richardson: Some great running up forward by him today, poor end ball as usual. Was still solid in both directions, though, and I was impressed by what I saw. Great speed. 7.5.

Saha: Didn't do much out there, though he had the least time. 6.5.

In all, I'm pleased with this superb team performance. It's only West Brom, a team clearly not deserving of being in the Premiership ATM, but it's great to see us win quite dominantly once again.

21. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, looks like we played well, including the youngsters/backups (KR and AS) seems a day where our star performers (Rooney, RVN, Giggs) were good but the rest of the team was great.

Also glad to see Rio continue to score like a good CB should and Paul Scholes Scoring Goals again.

22. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Didn't watch the game, great result, what can I say. Good to see Ferdinand becoming his old self again.

23. GrodZilla

GrodZilla Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It was a good solid game from our side and I'm just so glad that paul is back.. I've missed him

24. johlee_99

johlee_99 New Member

May 31, 2003
    Coppell, TX
    Surprised to score more than 1, with West Brom playng a 9-0-1 formation. Really good chemistry in the mid, but one thing jumped at me...

DID FRIGGIN' FLETCHER LOOK PRETTY SMOOTH AS A DEFENSIVE MID?!?!?! I must be going crazy. Last few games, Fletcher looks smooth...

25. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm leaving this thread stickied until after the broadcast on Setanta tonight...