Man Utd v Arsenal [R] (Carling Cup) Pre/Post Match

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Catfish, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean the game where you committed 24 fouls to our 20?

2. martymarts

martymarts Member

Mar 11, 2003
    NYC
    Didn't Ronaldo get 'stuck in' during the handbags last year? He may be one to hold his temper, but, he makes up for it by diving all over the place looking for fouls and to get players carded (yeah I know we've got a couple or 3 players not adverse to this either - reputation my best guess as to why Rio was allowed to stay on in the 50/50).

I listened to the CCQF on BBC 5 webcast and when RVP put in his elbow they compared him to DB10; as another Dutch man with a mean streak, which pissed me off! Dennis didn't come to England with a mean streak! After a season of every defender in the Prem trying to kick the hell out him, he wised up and added more aggression to his game; which is why he's been able to survive for 10 years. The Dutchman with a real mean streak also plays in Red, but not with white arms?

Personally, I think all the moaning about RVP is just like Sir Red Noses video dossier, it's just another smoke screen to hide the shame of a win that came out of the lowest depths of gutter football. SAF will say to himself that the ends justify the means, and the 50/50 has kick started ManUre's season, but I bet it's also left a nasty taste in the mouth?

RVP has come to Arsenal with the aggression a forward needs to survive (for full details see Alan Shearer!), but, he is also young (younger and less experienced that Ronaldo) and tackles snapping at his ankles will get a reaction! Sir Red Nose knows this and cynically uses anything he can to find his "edge". What a cantancerous, smug, self-satisfied old banker he is!!!

PS. I don't really believe we should follow ManUre (vis my earlier post) into the gutter, my purpose was to suggest that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones?

3. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coming from Red Card FC?

Glass houses indeed. :rolleyes:

4. ripmstr

ripmstr New Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Orlando Fl

Ronaldo goes down in a light wind. I will agree that his feet skills are among the best in the world but he needs to fight through the "challanges" instead of picking himself off the pitch every 5 minutes.

5. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think most of us agree. He really started to get better at that towards the tail end of last season, but a summer with his Portugese brethren has made him backslide into the dark arts. ;)

6. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I think I know that already. Jeez, do I have to explain everything around here?

7. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    :rolleyes: I remember Bergkamp using elbows in '94 in the World Cup. Was he already looking forward to being kicked all over the place?

8. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ronaldo was just as experienced and probably younger than van P when he first came to United... he never got into the sh!t that van P has.

No forward needs to throw elbows, kick out at players and b!tch every time a call does not go his way.

you know u are right... when a player commits 2 acts that are reddable an opposing manager should not suggest that the ref was leniant, that's out of place.

You cannot have your cake and eat it too... too many people are saying the ref gave us the match to end the streak and there was alot of complaining after that and then saying we should not complain after van Persie comitted 2 acts worse than Ruud's act (I say worse because Ruud was not facing the player nor was he engaged with him, Cole came flying in while Van P's actions had nothing to do with football).

9. VP what a player

VP what a player New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    'Proving Fergie Right'

http://www.football365.com/features/mediawatch/story_135803.shtml

10. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, the same game where a blatant foul by Ferdinand was missed and a foul called on Campbell was dubious. Starts to even out a bit more doesn't it?

12. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    what does that stand for "ABU"?

13. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ass
    Blasters
    University

of course.

14. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    still confused.. but oh well~

15. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Anyone
    But
    United

20 years ago it'd have been ABL

16. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    I will thank you not to refer to Berkeley that way. My alma mater deserves respect, damn it!

17. martymarts

martymarts Member

Mar 11, 2003
    NYC
    I downloaded the CC game and got to watch it today, having only heard it on the web. What a storm in a tea cup! A dumb young hot head throws out an arm barely makes contact and you'd think he'd bitten off Richardson's ear? And whoever you are; suggesting that RVP's behaviour was even close to RVN's, you aren't worth responding to???????

I'm suprised that Old Ole Gunnar isn't making better use of his time crocked? I would've thought Sir Red Nose would having him teaching the young lads how to get a player sent off when their arms are in close proximity to the face! I was suprised to see Richardson turn on RVP, the reaction being substantially worse than the elbow, instead of flinging himself on the floor and rolling around in agony. That is what SAF must be really aggravated about! Guaranteed red card (lol)?

Also very good distracting behaviour on Sir Red Nose's part. Moan about RVP to keep everybody off of any crap perp'd by ManUre! I thought Bellion's foul on Djorou was worse than RVP's elbow? First he put his hand in his face and then back heals him straight in the gob! But, of course that was 2 accidents in a row? Also the over the top foul by Miller on RVP, in the last few seconds, did looked quite tasty. Personally I thought there was nothing much in this game worth moaning about! A little bit of argy bargy but no buffet!

I think we missed Cesc badly. Larsson is no Cesc! Had he been resonably fit and played I think we would've won it. Thought Van Persie was the best player and biggest hothead out there. Pennant did nothing except a few decent dead balls, but more crap ones! Richardson looked handy and I thought Miller looked like a new Roy Keane? Otherwise the ManUre kids didn't look like there was much coming through the youth ranks; not that that matters when you can buy talent at £30 mill a pop!