Man Utd January '06 Transfer Targets and Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Motterman, Oct 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yea, Clearly Real COULD fit Ballack into their system, but they'd certainly have to make several changes, and Ballack would play well in almost any system, but I just don't think they'd go to those lengths with Ballack.

2. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    If he says he wants to go BM are in an awkward position. They would not want to lose him on a free and cashing in on him in January could disrupt their whole season, but in that scenario would the club rather £8-12m or losing their star player for nothing and gambling on taking the Bundesliga and/or the CL with him?

3. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    One 'galactico' is on his way to retirement retty soon and Ballack is the proven top class player they usually go for. Not only that, how many players in the world are better at meeting aerial crosses than Ballack?

It will be a bit ******** if we are up against them again for a player. :(

4. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Slotting Ballack in for Zidane would work perfectly - it would even let Robinho dribble endlessly to his little heart's content.

5. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The ideal scenario for me would be his anouncement that it will be his last season with Bayern and at the end he will head to Old Trafford.

6. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    tell me about it, I wouldn't be as irritated if we had to compete for him against the likes of Milan, Juve, or Barca but Real is a hole other affair, I carry a deep hatred for them, for many reasons.

7. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    If real madrid were a woman, i would get them pregnant, and lie about my name..not to mention pee on them..but that is just my immature 15 y/o side talkin :)

8. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Jesus, if you were to do that you might as well just go and give then 'a Donkey'. A Donkey being a sick, but hilarious (from a hypothetical point of view, obviously) thing I heard about a few years back, where you take them up the pooper, grab a hard instrument and smack them on the back of the head with it so as to knock them out, steal everyhting in the room (just the room, not the house) and then take a smeared dump all over their curtains.

Like I said, it's appalling. So appalling that if you don't laugh, you'll cry. :D

And yes for those who may be wondering, I am still drunk from my debs last night. 20 shots of tequila (including 2 bouts of 4 back-to-back), countless pints, a good few JD & Cokes as well as vodka & Red Bulls, and some Fat Frogs, too. Oh, and a whole lot of, erm... 'cigarettes'. ;)

9. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    haha..wow..that was on of the funnier things i've heard all week..

10. Vermont Red

Vermont Red Member

Jun 10, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unless Bayern is out of the Champions League, Ballack will not be sold in January. Having Ballack in the team could help Bayern advance, thus making money from the Champions League that could compare favorably to a cut-rate January fee.

11. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005
    Some would call it appalling.... or a fun way to spend a Friday night... :eek: ;)

12. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Even if Bayern are out of the CL, Ballack will most likely stay with Bayern til next summer, I just don't think he will leave Germany for that matter right before the WC.

13. MtP07

MtP07 BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2005
    What kind of resentment will people in Germany have towards him if he comes to United?

14. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Since he is Germany's captain some Germans will feel as if he should remain loyal and stay in Germany, however, the majority of Germans are aware of his talent and that he needs to move to a better league, he already accomplished everything he could in Germany and its only normal that he feels the need to seek a new challenge, and as I said the majority of Germans understand that. Even I as a Bayern fan, will be heartbroken to lose him, but I would totally understand his sentiment, besides if he comes to United I will be ueber-happy :D

15. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    There are rumors circling in the Portugal Forums of Cristiano Ronaldo talking to a Team in Russia.

Also Benfica has expressed its interest to sign Cristiano as well.

16. Republic of Mancunia

Aug 24, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Russia? No chance.

Benfica, hmmmmm, sounds like they are about to sell Simao and are trying to appease the fans by telling them they're in for Ronaldo. Having said that, I don't know how they'd react to a former Sporting player being linked with the club.

It's a bit like when Newcastle said they were in for Rooney before we bought him and smells very fishy to me.

Besides, why would we want to sell him right now?

Personally, I doubt very much that these rumours may be true.

17. littleman

littleman Member

Oct 18, 2005
    Sell our winger when we only have three of them?

Mmm.

18. Kavster

Kavster New Member

May 16, 2004
    Brighton, UK
  19. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004
  20. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    Stop right there. :rolleyes:

21. StrikerCW

StrikerCW Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Perth, WA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With this current formation you never know, we don't even use wingers anymore really. You have Rooney up top whole couldn't be much of a winger anyways, playing the supposed winger position and CRon is not going to supplant him, not in England at least.

I am not saying we will lose Cron, I will have to beat someone up the day it does, but as of right now you can see where the papers could imagine making this stuff up.

22. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Our passing is absurdly terrible. It's pathetic how easily we're getting out-passed by Boro.

23. Forza Moskva

Forza Moskva New Member

Sep 20, 2004
    Mila Kunis' Crib
    Fedorychev (boss of dinamo moskva) said that he spoke w/ ronaldo and hes willing to play. he also hinted ud be getting maniche+$$$$$$

24. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Mass clear-out required. No more half measures. No more excuses. Last chance saloon for Ferguson.