Man United v VfB Stuttgart [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Achtung, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Frankfurt Blue

Sep 3, 2003
    Doytshlund
    roy keane was absent as well last night. completely inept display by United last night. you can get away with 1 or 2 having a bad game. however, United with all their big earning stars were an embarrassment to their club.

however, i expect normal service to resume to United very soon. Unfortunately. :eek:(

2. bigtoga

bigtoga Member

Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    lol - I didn't get to watch yesterday so I wouldn't know how Keane did :(

And if Rainieri can predict that his side will punish Middlesborough this weekend b/c they lost in the CL, we can do the same to Birmingham!

3. SouthLondonYank

SouthLondonYank New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    South London
    On a related note -
    Does anybody know definitively if there is going to be an visting fan travel ban at Ibrox or not?

I remember when the draw came out the possibility being played down - but never heard the final word

Of course, I can understand if they do ban the United fans (given the obvious underlying tensions involved) -

Will be interesting to see how "up for it" Keane and O'Shea will be or may be SAF will elect to be prudent

4. skyboy

skyboy New Member

Jul 16, 2003
    New York City
    it's a lot more complex than simple protestant and catholic (ranger/celtic thing) and you would not understand.

so, just don't go there

and please....watch your word! ("silly"???)

some of rivalries they have in europe, or south america, africa and asia, you just don't see ihere in us.

what?...boston red sox and ny yankees?

that's just a hissy fit between two *#*#*#*#*#cats compare to what we are talking about

5. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Actually, you do see incredible rivalries in the US. But they're almost entirely in college sports.

My undergraduate degree's from BC. We hated Notre Dame. I'm a graduate student at Texas. We hate Texas A&M.

Not sure why the pro-rivalries are as big. Yankees-Red Sox is about as big as they get, though it's much bigger in Boston than in NY, so maybe you haven't seen that side of it.

Incidentally, this loss really isn't bothering me that much. I always thought Utd might drops points there. I bet they run the group now.

6. skyboy

skyboy New Member

Jul 16, 2003
    New York City
    son, you have know idea what hell i am talking about..so let's just end it here, ok?

7. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I'm sorry, why would I have no idea what you're talking about?

And what's the point in being rude, anyway?

I have an English friend who directly compares the Texas - Texas A&M rivalry to Man Utd - Leeds (born and bred in Leeds... moved to the US at 17).

This is new - a rivalry snob :rolleyes:

8. skyboy

skyboy New Member

Jul 16, 2003
    New York City
    haven...

i apoologize for being rude...had few drinks when i wrote that ;)

anyway, let's stop talking about rivalry and let's just hope that keane & co. will show huns what they are made of

i won't be able to stand the devastation if they don't...