Man United v Arsenal - 9/21 [R] (inc CL results!)

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Achtung, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Official Troll Post

At least our hatred is based on something other than pure jealousy. I can't wait to see tape of this match...

2. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia
    Re: Re: Re: Official Troll Post

and here's the hatred towards arsenal i show. *#*#*#*# YOU MOTHER*#*#*#*#ER.

[​IMG]

keown is an uglyass mother*#*#*#*#ing bastard, if rvn is a cheat, pires is a bigger one. i hate arsenal more than city. in fact, if you compare the hatred i have between arsenal and city, you will know that all i have for city is love.

*#*#*#*# you ARSE-ANAL! WE ARE GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE!!!

3. Quaresma

Quaresma New Member

Aug 1, 2003
    Steeltown
    how did ronaldo do?

4. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ronaldo did rather well for his first "big" game.

His first touch put Ashley Cole on his @ss. Beautiful.

I was disappointed with the result, but not gutted by any means. It's still early and Arsenal have now shown their true colours. Lehman threw an arm at the linesman during one fracas. Well done to us for keeping our heads, but Arsenal were clearly shown to be the whining cheating bastahds they are. And it goes from the top - down.

5. Potomac Red Devil

Aug 12, 2003
    Indiana
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Disappointing result.

United's lack of creativity in midfield once again cost them full points. Keane, Neville, Fortune and Ronaldo aren't going to cut it in midfield. I know we have injuries, but our midfield can't create squat. They can't even seem to play the ball down the flanks all that well. Roy Keane had some incredibly poor touches today.

Can you really blame Ruud for missing chances when they come so infrequently?

And Ronaldo is incredible...great runs and great dribbling...excellent crosses. But when your attack is a one-trick pony, even Ashley Cole can shut it down.

Defense has been VERY SOLID this year. Ferdinand and O'Shea with another year of experience make a world of difference.

And Arsenal...well, how classless can you get. The whole lot don't deserve anything that comes their way. Glad to see Ruud be a gentleman and walk away.

6. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wanted to chime in one last time tonight with some whispers out of old Ingerlund. Apparently, there is some suggestions of docking Arsenal points over their lack of discipline. I don't support this myself, but the mere threat of the FA doing this could make Arsenal take that good long look at themselves...

7. Azabache

Azabache Member

Nov 22, 1998
    Essex Co.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Oh boy! When's the Dutch Diving Wonder going to be canonized?

8. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hehe... it's OK, we don't expect you to recognize class and sefl control.

9. Azabache

Azabache Member

Nov 22, 1998
    Essex Co.
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That Arsenal did not show up today. In fact, there was no mobility off the ball in offense or anticipation in defense. At times it looked like you people had thirteen men out there. But the AFC went to OT to deny MU of points. After Wednesday's debacle, the idea was to see if they could play George Graham ball. Boring, boring Arsenal. Just like old times.

10. Coach_McGuirk

Coach_McGuirk New Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Between the Pipes
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Official Troll Post

Wow. That's quite a bit of bottled up anger you've got there. Just try and breathe deeply and slowly, and it will pass.

I don't remember saying RvN was a cheat, and Keown's looks are WAY down on my list of qualities a good defender should have.

The return at Highbury should be a doozy, so don't have a stroke and miss it, giggs88.

11. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a neutral who would generally want ManU to lose if it wasn't for Tim Howard, after seeing Arsenal's (and specifically Keown's) behavior at the end of the match. Any and all suspensions and punishments Keown and/or Arsenal receive will be well earned. I'm a little disappointed in Keane as I would have dropped somebody and got my own ass in trouble.

Lousy sportsmanship and shame on Wenger for equivocating on it. His only defense is that he didn't see the tape.

12. house18

house18 Member

Jun 23, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Just posted this in an Arsenal thread but wanted to share it with my fellow Man United fans:

Allright, just saw the highlights on FSW (couldn't get it on PPV and I had a game to play) and I am laughing my ass off at the Arsenal fans. First Ruud went up for a 50/50 ball and went over Viera's back and got his card, as if this kind of challange doesn't happen on a regular basis. Ruud did not put any special emphasis into his boot or "ride Viera down." He went over his back and knocked him down, yellow card, period. Viera lashed ut with a kick of fourse 100 times harder then the little tap Beckham gave Simeone in '98. Intent to injure, automatic red for contact and in my reffing opinion yellow for the attempt. Ruud jumped out of the way, I dare anyone to tell me they would have done otherwise! Viera tries to argue and then suddenly decides to go after Ruud...and Ruud has no class???? Forlan was obviously fouled by Keown, no doubt. Ruud missed (love the pick that the Arsenal fans claim he was celebrating but the replay shows nothing of the sort.) and Keown sprints to him and screams in his face...and Ruud has no class???? Then the final whistle goes and Keown runs up to Ruud leaps with his arms spread (wow such excitement over a draw when they all said they were going to win!) and proceeds to hit Ruud in the back of the head/neck with a forearm/elbow...and Ruud has no class???? Then they start to surround Ruud and put a firm two hnd shove into his back...and Ruud has no class???? Ruud keeps walking away...and Ruud has no class???? Wenger then comments that Ruud is to blame. It's really sad that one of the best clubs in England has to resort to such things in a big game. I'd look for Keown to get a nice ban, perhaps a fine for whoever shoved Ruud after the game (Cole?) and maybe some extra for Viera. I dare any of you too look at the video objectively and dispute any of this!

Go Man United! We will win our 9th title!

13. MyHouse!

MyHouse! Member

Mar 12, 2000
    Tallahassee
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    (BBC)

From the Sun:

After that Van Nistelrooy took a whack round the head from a celebrating Martin Keown — the look on the face of the Arsenal centre-half suggesting he was close to losing touch with reality.

OK, I don't live in England and I didn't start following United until 1994 so I don't have this hatred of Liverpool that most United fans have.

But Arsenal has filled that void and their display yesterday showed them to be a bunch of punks disguised as a top class soccer club.

Vieira kicks out at RVN, what's he supposed to do, stand there and let kick Vieira kick him in the knee? IF PV can't keep his head about him to remember that he already has yellow card, that's too bad for him.

Then RVN misses the PK, game is over and Keown who is quckly showing himself to be over the hill, get in RVN's face as if he did something. I tell you what, he should have been saying "thank you for saving my ass after I stupidly ran over Diego Forlan in the area when he ha no chance at the ball". Then Ray "I've played for one of the top sies in England but I'll never play FOR England" Parlour gets in a shot. Lauren jumps in and Ashely "I can't defend anymore" Cole tries to play tough guy.

All while RVN is walking away.

Arsenal disgraced themselves yesterday.

Televison should not be a tribunal
    Arsene Wenger

For your sake I hope it isn't because it woul be a cruel indictment on your side's disciplinary record under your reign of terror.

And I say this with Roy Keane on my team.

Later for Arsenal.

14. USsupport

USsupport New Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arlington, VA, USA
    emotions certainly were high yesterday. I watched the game with a few friends in Summers and there was a scuffle broke out in the pub after the game.
    I didn't hang around to see what happened as I'm no longer 17 yrs old.

anyways: I haven't been over to the Arse board but no doubt they're shouting loudly about whatever it is that's bothering them this time. still won't change the facts though. Parlour & Keown especially showed little class at the end and if they get in trouble with the FA for it then I won't shed any tears for them. Wenger: well what can you say about him.....

the game? overall, I think a draw was a fair result.

15. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After match bust up (Vieira threat)

I think that speaks for itself, don't you?

16. USsupport

USsupport New Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arlington, VA, USA
    viera.... and they complain about Roy Keane....

17. Potomac Red Devil

Aug 12, 2003
    Indiana
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ruud has shown himself every bit the gentlemen in this whole controversy...including what happened near the locker rooms after the game.

It took a lot of guts to want to talk to Vieira after the game, then Vieira blows him off?

18. KevTheGooner

KevTheGooner Help that poor man!

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    For the record, I don't believe Vieira has ever broken a man's leg, but I could be wrong.

Look, our guys lost their *#*#*#*#*# at the end of the match. I'm the first to admit it. So what? It wasn't like there were attempts to injure during the match, which we've seen in these encouters before. Considering how much these two sides hate each other, pushing and shoving is small potatoes compared to what could happen.

19. Potomac Red Devil

Aug 12, 2003
    Indiana
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "So what?"

That is precisely the attitude that enables these types of temper tantrums to continue.

20. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arsenal already have three times as many red cards this season as we had all last season.

21. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I browesed the Arsenal boards and my word, they have a very narrow minded view of the events. Van Nistelrooy this Van Nistelrooy that.
    I won't post there as I know I'll get flamed. Sure enough, we all know that Van Nistelrooy falls over easy enough but every team does that and it has always been done. But that is not the issue.
    The Arsenal player who does the same had a penalty saved by Tim Howard in the Community Shield last month but did Ferdinand, O'Shea and Keane go to him and push and chastise him?
    I used to have more respect for Arsenal but at the end of the day they should that they have no class. Even worse, Wenger fails to condemn their behaviour so I sure that he is the driving force behind that.
    I coach a U-10 team in a local town league and if any of my kids ever did what Keown and Co did yesterday, I'd kick him off the team.

The thing that amazed me most about yesterday was the remarkable restraint shown by Van Nistelrooy.

22. KevTheGooner

KevTheGooner Help that poor man!

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    Ted, I'd say that reasonable people and reasonable posts are welcome anytime at the Arsenal boards.

I also think that most Gooners would agree...Wenger is often too soft on the boys. Some would blame the refs, others a vast ManU conspiracy, but many would also say that Wenger's style leads to our disciplinary record. OF course, some of us also think that in the end, we don't play a violent game and we don't try to con the ref (Pires excluded). Many would say our "undisciplined" conduct is exaggerated.

Indeed, your guys have been known to have a real go at the ref and their opponents in the past, especially at OT.

23. Potomac Red Devil

Aug 12, 2003
    Indiana
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "The thing that amazed me most about yesterday was the remarkable restraint shown by Van Nistelrooy."

Add in the fact that he has one of the WORST showings I have ever seen from him, it makes it even more impressive.

24. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I agree. It was a problem that Sir Alex saw and dealt with. You can chuckle about it, but when was the last time our team mobbed a ref like that? 1998 or 1999? I guess the imgages of Keano and the rest surrounding Andy D'Urso are so burned into the minds of some people, they still think it happens every week, when, in reality, it's been years...