Maldives squad

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Holyjoe, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    Well Goldmember has dropped five members from his Lebanon squad and called up four players (Kim Jin-gyu, Kim Chi-kon, Jo Jae-jin and Park Ji-sung):

Goalkeepers
    Lee Woon-jae (Suwon)
    Kim Yong-kwang (Chunnam)

Defenders
    Choi Jin-chul (Cheonbuk)
    Park Jae-hong (Cheonbuk)
    Yoo Sang-chul (Yokohama)
    Kim Jin-gyu (Chunnam)
    Kim Chi-kon (FC Seoul)

Midfielders
    Lee Young-pyo (PSV)
    Park Ji-sung (PSV)
    Lee Chun-soo (Numancia)
    Song Jong-guk (Feyenoord)
    Kim Dong-jin (FC Seoul)
    Kim Jung-woo (Ulsan)
    Kim Doo-hyun (Suwon)
    Kim Sang-sik (Gwangju)

Forwards
    Ahn Jung-hwan (Yokohama)
    Lee Dong-guk (Gwangju)
    Seol Ki-hyun (Wolves)
    Choi Sung-guk (Ulsan)
    Jo Jae-jin (Shimizu S-Pulse)

Park Dong-hyuk (Cheonbuk), Lee Min-sung (Pohang), Jo Byung-guk (Suwon), Lee Eul-yong (Trabsonspor) and Jung Kyung-ho (Ulsan) have all been dropped from the Lebanon squad.

As far as I can tell, the squad will be assembling on Thursday (after the round of K-League games) and will stay together at Paju until the game... which means they'll miss the K-League games on the 13th/14th - doesn't affect Suwon though as they have a rest day. The foreign-based players will join up after their club games at the weekend.

2. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002

how did jo byung guk get dropped?

3. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    I think he's injured at the moment (or out of favour with Cha Bum-keun)... hasn't played for Suwon since their win over FC Seoul on 3rd October.

4. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    At least he did one thing right.

5. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    YES!!! No Lee Min-sung! We're saved!

6. YCashMoney42

YCashMoney42 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Seoul
    lol

damn he did really take out Eul Yong Ta... damn

7. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Why do u call him Eul Yong Ta?

8. YCashMoney42

YCashMoney42 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Seoul
    cuz in a game against China, he slapped the ******** out of a chinese player and got red carded...

"Ta" means a hit, a blow so Korean fans call him "EUl Yong Ta"

9. the_13th_redneck

Sep 3, 2002
    Weird little slang.
    I would have thought it was Eul-yong Chi-gi.

By the way I saw that incident.
    Eul Yong slapped him and that Chinese guy fell over like he got shot and even got carried away in a stretcher. I think Mr. Lee should teach that move to our Special Forces. LOL

10. nxttc

nxttc Member+

Jul 14, 2004
    when is the game?

11. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    Wednesday 17th November at 8pm.

12. cosmicbutthairs

Sep 9, 2004
    talk about anger management problems

13. buggy

buggy New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    8 days countdown...

feeling a little nervous?

wonder when the maldives team arrives... is it cold in korea now?

14. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Yes, I am very nervous. I wait for WC every 4 years as if it is my life. I am one tie game with Maldive away from losing that pleasure. Yes, I am very, very nervous.

It should be fairly cold in Korea but not too extreme. For Maldive players, it would be really cold I would assume.

BTW, Buggy, would you mind telling me little bit of your background like where you from, etc? I would appreciate it.

15. buggy

buggy New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    these qualifiers are such agony, aren't they? it's like you're always one goal away from heaven or hell...

my background is hard to describe without putting people to sleep, but basically I currently returned to Singapore after living abroad all my life. I got interested in football a few years ago, but not so into national teams until this year when the qualifiers started and the watched asia cup. Have a number of friends who are japanese supporters so have gotten sucked into talking about their NT, and can speak/read a bit of japanese so get some news this way. I don't talk about the Singapore team because frankly I don't think anyone here cares :) and there's not much exciting to say.

16. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Thanks, buddy.

17. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    buggy, you aren't PJS who posts on the FootballinKorea messageboard are you? Or there are two Singaporean Korean fans going around ;)

You don't happen to know what the score between Busan I'cons (reserves) and the Singapore national team was? They played yesterday afternoon but I haven't seen any news about the result.

As for the weather here in Korea - it's pretty mild during the daytime but is getting a wee bit chilly at nights. The weather forecasts don't go until next Wednesday, but next Monday it's forecast to have a low of around 5℃

18. buggy

buggy New Member

Aug 11, 2004
    sorry, not PJS -- actually I am more of Japanese supporter tag-along... I know very little about the Korean team, but trying to fix that (though it's hard b/c of the language thing, and lack of people to talk about it with --except of course, you guys :))

Singapore lost 3-1. Here is a link to an article Singapore vs Busan

19. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    Cheers for that... I'm absolutely stunned that Busan managed to score more than two goals in one game (and not concede six at the other end ;) )

20. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    Song Chong-gug should have had plenty of rest, since he's suspended in the Netherlands. Which means he won't play Ajax this weekend and should be ready for Wednesday 17 November.

21. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    i think song chong gug never played for bonfrere before....or has he??