Makes more sense now

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Jay Cee, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Jay Cee

Jay Cee New Member

Jul 9, 2002
    San Jose
    The relocation makes more sense now... They had Home Depot money coming in!

Shawn Hunter announced at today's press conference that The Home Depot has already committed to a multi-year sponsorship agreement, thus becoming the team's first official founding partner. Hunter commented, "We are so fortunate and proud to be able to announce a partnership for our Houston club with The Home Depot. This is an organization that consistently demonstrates its commitment of giving back to the communities where they do business and where their customers and employees live."

2. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought this was going to be a "we made fun of Landon, this is our punishment" thread

3. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suspect The Home Depot was the only corporation they could sign up on short notice given the existing cozy relationship between AEG and The Home Depot. Doubt that was any sort of dangling benefit to relocating in Houston.

And it furthermore begs the question why The Home Depot couldn't be signed up as a Quakes sponsor in San Jose. Was OSH still a sponsor this year?

4. billward

billward Member

Oct 22, 2002
    El Cerrito, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, OSH didn't renew for '05. They're in the middle of a major breakup with Sears so I don't blame them for focusing on that.