Makaay strike partner search.... 2004-05

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by eissman, Oct 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    So we are all agreed--we go get Podolski. Who has the ether and rope?

2. Matschr

Matschr New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Do you live in Germany, or why did you see this match?

3. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He's scoring like crazy in the second bundesliga right now. He's definetley hot and with this form it would be ideal to get him in January.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez

Yes I am in Köln/Leverkusen.

5. LordR

LordR Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Germany
    I am not sure about Podolski. I wouldn't like to have him 2005 or 2006, in the interest of german football, because he could be an important player in 2006, an di would hate to see him sitting on Bayern's bench. He should prove himself at least 2 years in the 1st Bundesliga before Bayern consider to buy him.

6. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    You don't think he'd start if Bayern get him? I personally think he will. He is a much more complete striker than Pizaro, even though Claudio has much more experience. You gotta start somewhere though and thats what Everton did with Rooney.

7. aloisius

aloisius Member

Jul 5, 2003
    Croatia
    Podolski is a pure goal-scorer like Maakay. And he’ll want to try making it big with Koln.

I expect Kuranyi in a Bayern shirt next season. He would fit in perfectly.

8. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    This strike partner search is for someone to come off the bench right? I wouldn't wanna mess with the chemistry that Pizza and Roy are sharing at the moment. They have been perfect strike partners.
    Is this still a question? Pizarro has shown that he is suitable to be the strike partner for Roy. Roy scores most of the goals and Pizarro makes plays, opens up the field, pauses the game when needed. For god's sake, he scored twice in the game against wolfsburg after being out of shape and training just two days. I don't get this strike partner search.

9. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Well according to soccernet looks like they're putting a full cout press on Tevez.

10. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Look why doesn't Bayern try and get som1 is who quite cheap and would really help them. I think this guy from Sevilla in Spain wouldn't be bad. Hes an attacking midfielder-forward who was 2nd top scorer in Spain last season and has scored 4 goals from 5 games this season and hes still only 23.

btw Julio Baptista is his name!!!

11. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    never heard of him.

12. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ

makaay, pizarro and tevez would be perfect...only thing is putting pizarro as 3rd striker...would he get pi$$ed and leave?

i think they would complement each other well if three forward system used, say in a champs league or 'liga game...

what about promoting guerrero full-time?

13. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Pizarro and Makaay are not the great partnership it is made out to be. Makaay is a completely great striker in every respect while Pizarro is very inconsistent and not a solid striker that can start every game and perform like Makaay. Pizarro can stay but not to start and partner Makaay.

14. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    whats wrong with hasehmian though?
    he had 16 goals last season, thast phenomenal!
    magath got to give him a chance. not 5 minutes a game
    trust me

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    In the little time Hashamien (I really cant spell his name properly), he hasn't proved a good buy. He is a little clumsy with the ball.

16. Txtriathlete

Txtriathlete Member

Aug 6, 2004
    The American Empire
    Kinda weird, he did pretty well last year... he was third in terms of most goals scored in the league if im not mistaken.

Saudi to German? Nice jump! :rolleyes:

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    I am not doubting his skills as Mr Helicopter, but I can only comment on what I have seen of him so far and presently he is not impressing me. Who knows, the season is still long and he may get a good run.

18. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    ur right
    but its hard palying 4 minutes a game!