Majed Al-Amri from Ittifaq to Shabab (!)

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by Sayf, Jan 21, 2009.

1. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Ittifaq have loaned Majed Al-Amri to Shabab for the rest of the season.

Odd decision for a team that's going to be playing in the ACL.

2. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    The got quite a bit of cash as well as a young Al-Shabab goalkeeper on loan as part of the deal.

3. Sayf

Sayf Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Are they that desperate for a goalkeeper? This sucks, though. We offered them a MUCH better 'keeper (Fahad Al-Shammeri) for their right-back Al-Raheeb and they refused claiming they needed him for the ACL! I think they rejected an offer by Ittihad for Raheeb as well.

4. burning_phoneix

Jul 13, 2008
    Saudi Arabia
    Club:
    Al Wehda Mecca
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I don't know much about Al-ittifaqs squad but maybe they needed cover for their goalkeeper (is it still Khoja?) and had some extra CBs lying around.

5. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Ittifaq has been known for having weak goalies for 2 seasons now. I've witnessed many games where if they just had a normal goalie they could had gone the other way. So I think this deal is pretty good for Ittifaq, and doesn't really hurt AlShabab since they still have two good goalies. While Ittifaq might have lost an important defender, but they gained a good goalie, and Saudi clubs always concentrate on fixing their weakness, even if it creates another obvious weak spot.

Replying to Sayf, AlShamri is no where near Shabab's goalie. Sheeaan is a very good goalie with a good future ahead, very similar to Waleed Abdullah, just 2 years back, trust me I've seen him and you will see him too soon. While AlShamri hasn't played on a regular basis for long, and is getting old and losing talent. Deayea keeps on playing will kill Hilal in the upcoming seasons when their new goalie is nowhere near a top club performance.

6. Hilaly

Hilaly New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    Riyadh
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Kuwait Ahmed Ajab joined them too today!