Mahdavikia

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by persiantiger, Oct 1, 2003.

1. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

Mehdi Mahdavikia
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Mehdi Mahdavikia (born July 24, 1977) is a soccer player.

Height: 172 Weight: 72 Position: Forward

Ranked "The Greatest Winger" in the Bundesliga

Probably the hottest property in football today, (best record in assists per game) the unknown Iranian international is said to settle on a contract for no less than 10,000,000 euros (as claimed by Hamburgian side coach Kurt Jara). Mehdi is currently being pursued by some of the world's greatest clubs (e.g. Real Madrid, Manchester Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea). His club HSV has made it to the UEFA cup and is currently preparing to face Bayern Munich in the German Cup finals. Mahdavikia has however expressed his consent towards the Bundesliga side and will probably sign a new deal by the end of his 2004 contract.

I was just wondering is he famous in Europe cause he sure is in Asia. thanks

2. BadReligion

BadReligion New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    I saw him play Vs. Hansa Rostock, he wasn't very impressive at all.

3. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

Yes that was one of his worst games since he was injured. Keep watching and u'll be impressed, i gurantee it :D

4. kotzunder

kotzunder New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    never heard

5. Gen-Max93

Gen-Max93 New Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Too bad every online publication said he was great, and he got very high ratings by many German magazines, including receiveing a 1 ( the best rating ) by Kicker, and Kicker barely ever gives out 1's

http://www.persianfootball.com/newsflash/news/EpyuElZkFpbAGFwFMM.shtml

" Iranian international Mehdi Mahdavikia, back from injury, had an amazingly great match. The 25-year-old right winger showed great stamina, running miles during the 90 minutes and could never be controlled by Rostock's defense. Mahdavikia was involved in 10 of Hamburg's 20 shots on goal (3 efforts himself, 7 shots set up), had most ball contact of all players on the pitch (77) and won unbelievable 58% of his one-on-one situations! "

6. BadReligion

BadReligion New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    Too bad I saw the game and he didn't play very well. What ever happened to Khohodad Azizi? I still have nightmares about him from France 98 :(

7. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mahdavikia is the most underrated player in Europe.

8. Gen-Max93

Gen-Max93 New Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Ok if you think so

Azizi plays for Pas Tehran in Iranian League.

He doesnt play for our NT anymore, he has had disciplinary problems with the coaching staff of NT, thus he has not been playing with the NT on a consistent basis since Asian Cup 2000.

9. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Mahdavikia scored a great goal in 98 and Spurs tried to sign him, but nothing came of it. Other than that he is pretty much anonymous.

10. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    He used to play for my local side in Germany, VfL Bochum. He was alright.

The Liverpool rumour is funny though. We've never been even remotely interested in signing him.

11. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    And that initial article is a bit over the top, innit? "The hottest property in football today"?

In Iran maybe ...

12. Bauvafa

Bauvafa Red Card

Oct 12, 2001
    USA
    I agree 100% and part of it is his own fault perhaps. He's a very friendly but shy and timid individual, doesn't like to be in the spotlight. I think that may have something to do with it. He is a "complete" team player. I remember a couple yrs. ago in Hamburg, he had an open net to score but he passed it off to his teammate so the guy could get his hattrick, just a very classy guy.

13. Bauvafa

Bauvafa Red Card

Oct 12, 2001
    USA
    you should form a group with the Aussies ;)

Azizi did most his damage during WC98 qualies. He scored 2 goals against the Aussies and had an assist out of 3 goals scored by Iran in two matches. He wasted his talent with his childish attitude.

14. Gen-Max93

Gen-Max93 New Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/article/0,,15410-1094297,00.html

The Frenchman is believed to have run the rule over Sporting Lisbon's 18 year-old Cristiano Ronaldo, while Hamburg's Iranian winger Mehdi Mahdavikia, Udinese's Chilian star David Pizarro and Inter Milan's France international midfielder Stephane Dalmat have all been linked with a move to Merseyside.

15. RoverMax

RoverMax Member

May 4, 2003
    NYC
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't know who Mahdavikia was until I heard about him from Iran fans here.

16. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    his playing style is also no flashy.... easily to miss if you do not watch the game closely.

17. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    So what you're saying is that if you don't understand the beauty of Convey, you won't begin to get Mahdavikia? :)

18. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    If he's that good we should get him over here, have him naturalized and we can play him alongside Freddie for the US...!

19. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    If any of you have World Cup 98, listen to John Motson say his name.

20. WHOLMAN2

WHOLMAN2 New Member

Dec 4, 2000
    Lahs Angeleez
    I didn't know who Mahdavikia was until I watched him put the last nail in the US team's coffin in France. His goal against Kasey Keller in World Cup '98 was just plain good.