Madrid Wasn't Built In a Day - The Interim Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

How would you rate our summer transfer?

1. Could not have been better. It was bloody amazing mate

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. I'm chuffed

14 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. Cudda and Shudda Done Better

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  4. Not too confident at all guv'nor

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. Perez and Zidane are both bellends

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. .halamadrid2.

.halamadrid2. Member+

Nov 5, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hands off!!! Go bug Sevilla for Monchi

Saeta Rubia, Prit Javier and Deep Pal repped this.
  2. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Prit Javier repped this.
  3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Camavinga would be a massive signing for this midfield.

madridista_hr, Anon., Ssr9 and 3 others repped this.
  4. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    We need him but he cant be signed until winter 2020 so in the meantime we need a short term solution

5. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    True but it very much depends on the formation. If Zidane is sticking with 4-3-3 then it makes no sense. Kroos,Case,Valverde,Odegaard,Camavinga. 2 would have to be on the bench and that's just not sustainable.

4-4-2 could be insane with those 5 players and Isco or somebody to make up the numbers.

Leave Odegaard on loan until summer 2021 in Sociedad. Sign Camavinga in 2021 and loan him for a year.

6. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    why isnt it we get injuries all the time, Odegaard,Camavinga would still play but not starters. Varane had to do the same thing when he arrived

Digital repped this.
  7. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Indeed, I’m not sure why we can’t have decent subs like all the other big teams out there, everyone cannot play, at teams like Man City, PSG, Juve, Bayern, it’s the same

8. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We have Vinicius, Rodrygo, Jovic, Isco, James, Modric, Militao on the bench, what are you even talking about? We have one of the strongest if not the strongest bench.

And Camavinga wouldn't come to be a 2nd middlefield option off the bench. He'd be loaned.

9. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Well if you are addressing me I’m talking about the idea that if we had Kroos, Case, Valverde, Odegaard and Camavinga that it would not be sustainable to have 2 of them on the bench, why not? If two of these players came I’d imagine two that we have now would be gone

The comment was not about who we “currently” have on the bench, also, right now we are sustaining just fine, as all big clubs do, with various options all of whom cannot be starters all the time , which is kinda the point I was trying to make.

Finally all this is hypothetical, I don’t know how you know what Camavinga would or would not do at this point, or what the club would do for that matter, I certainly don’t so I cannot speak to that

Bear Crotch and Zidane05 repped this.
  10. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    so many players need to finally leave or hit the bench
    Bale,Modric,Marcelo,James,Lucas,Mariano OUT
    Carvajal,Benzema BENCH

Perez needs to wake up and go for Mbappe,if not we are facing years of mediocrity like after the galactico collapse in 2003.

11. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Perez wants Mbappé for years, but we can’t do anything about the fact that PSG doesn’t want to sell. I think it’s useless to spend the whole summer chasing after a player who his club doesn’t let go. We need a goal scorer this summer, and I don’t think Mbappé is realistic.

Deep Pal and Anon. repped this.
  12. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    PSG will be forced to sell. They can do nothing about it if Mbappe is determined for Madrid. The only question is either it happens in 2020 or 2021.

Also, another option is Haaland.

13. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    im 99% sure that Dortmund will KO PSG,Mbappe will be pissed and sick of this trash,we have to attack

14. Kylian2020

Kylian2020 Member

Real Madrid
    France
    Feb 7, 2020
    You mean you hope that it happens no I think psg are going to go past Dortmund with mbappe showing everyone that he is the boss and going all the way to lift it and then saying to psg I have done what I came here to do now let me join my dream team .

Deep Pal and Modric-87 repped this.
  15. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    2021 is another thing. Why are they forced to sell him this summer?

16. Kylian2020

Kylian2020 Member

Real Madrid
    France
    Feb 7, 2020
    If psg go out against Dortmund then I can't see him wanting to stay.

17. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hazard + Bale + €100m for Mbappe this summer.

Both Hazard and Bale get to remain on undeserving salaries and we get rid of Bale for obvious reasons and a player who has now phoned in two separate seasons under Mourinho and Zidane.

This attempted move is likely to backfire spectacularly however.

18. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Not realistic. Literally no one not even some of the morons on this forum would take such a horrible deal.

Bale is an overpaid hasbeen. Hazard is no where near as good as many of us thought.

Besides our main point of concentration should be finding a scorer till we can legitimately get Mbappe.

Benzema looks finished. Jovic besides one shot has been casper the ghost.

Deep Pal and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  19. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    To me the club downfall begun in the summer of 2017.Isco had replaced Bale in the team,and we were so much better,Asensio and Lucas were more than good enough for the wings ,Bale should have been sold to England for big money.

Mbappe was available to take his place,Perez did nothing ..catastrophic mistake,his obsesion with Bale has cost us so much.The club had an opurtunity to get the next CR7 and to secure RMs future after the GOAT leaves.

Perez failed and it has been a downfall ever since...signing talents simply because the big names became unavailble,Bale still here in 2020 and starting ....120 mill for 30 years old CL flop......and now we wait for the same guy(Mbappe) who we should have bought years ago to save us ....unbeleiveble

Realist repped this.
  20. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    Again, they don’t care. He signed a contract so I don’t see it happening. 2021 is realistic, this year is not.

Lyra repped this.
  21. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Because in 2021 his value will drop like a stone considering he will be in his last conctractual year. He can sign for free in winter of 2022. If PSG wants to get top dollar, probably 200M+, summer of 2020 is the time.

p.s: recent events with City cooking the books, i imagine PSG can also be in substantial danger. Which can mean substantial motivation to sell Mbappe for top dollar. And Madrid is basically the only club on this planet that can afford to pay it.

22. ElCapitánSR4

ElCapitánSR4 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Sep 14, 2017
    That’s true, but look what happened with Hazard. We bought him when he had 1 year left. In 2021 I’m sure we will not be the only club who will try to sign him. Mbappé this year would be great, but I don’t see it happening.

23. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oh it’s defo unrealistic. It would be an ideal transfer for us to get rid of both those jokers out of our team.

Whatever Hazard does for us going forward, he’s made it extremely difficult to like him. He’s put himself in a position of failure from the first game of the season after deepthroating our name in the media for a decade almost.

24. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    #2424 Drouchk, Feb 23, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    We can’t afford to wait for Mbappe we have to make star forward signings next summer, this team can not afford to go on with Benzema as our main goal scorer or we’d need a miracle to win La Liga, if Mbappe isn’t available immediately we should go for alternatives, yes plural, we need to at least sign two goal scorers.

My list for next season, I’d settle for any two of these, Mane, Sterling, Halaand, Mbappe, Isak.

Get Camavinga, bring Ødegaard back

25. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'd go for a complete new front 3. Benzema has to be one of the luckiest players ever to play for Real so long as a 9. Hazard is fat, Bale trash.

Vini - Haaland - ?