Madrid Wasn't Built In a Day - The Interim Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

How would you rate our summer transfer?

1. Could not have been better. It was bloody amazing mate

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. I'm chuffed

14 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. Cudda and Shudda Done Better

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  4. Not too confident at all guv'nor

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. Perez and Zidane are both bellends

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Some there have close ties to people inside the club.

2. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Anon., sleepyvato50, Eddie and 4 others repped this.
  3. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
  4. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    I feel that we wasted a lot of money over the last two summers. Courtois should have come for free. His motivation to come to Madrid was largely based on his family being there so was unlikely we would be competing with anyone else for his signature. In hindsight, that turned out to be true as Navas could have easily played his games last season and we never even won a trophy.

Saving - €35m

I rate Mariano and don't think he's been given a fair chance. Signed him, never played him and then he started getting injured. More Julen's fault that anything but again another signing that was an absolute waste of money.

Saving - €23m

Brahim Diaz is a good player, still young but it doesn't seem we have a plan for him. Aged 20, ideally you would like to see him getting some minutes and maybe becoming a starter within the next two years or so. I keep forgetting that we even signed him.

Saving - €17m

So, that's €75m extra in the bank which isn't small change. I haven't included Hazard but still think we paid way too much for him and if he doesn't make a noticeable impact this season or we don't win a trophy, it would probably be the biggest waste of money we've ever wasted.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Most players make fun of Pedrerol for earning himself a living off their life.

Only perso with a leg to stand on when it comes to information is Alvaro Benito, who we sacked last year. The rest of them are simply talking about nonsense, leading ridiculous discussions and speculate for viewership.

Nobody that respects his time watches this nonsense.

YOUNGSTARS87 and Shay Z repped this.
  6. Icalldibbs

Icalldibbs Member

Real Madrid
    Mexico
    Mar 12, 2019
    Not only was our transfer season not poor but well above the standard for most top clubs in Europe. Mabey only AM and PSG mabey Juve, seem to have done better than us and even then it’s debatable and our future looks much better than those clubs. 7/10

Also, when compared to the complete laughing stock our most fierce rivals are right now, I’m very happy with the way our president has gone about business. If it wasn’t for de jong, who I’m loosing interest in fast, their entire offseason has been a complete FU.

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Transfers are judged by performance. If Jovic scores 25 goals he's a masterstroke, if he scores 5 he's a disastrous decision.

It's not like we're buying furniture. These are living breathing human beings, so their success as acquisitions for the club depends on their performance.

8. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Lol. The entire squad.. ok
    It is ridiculous to report every little single thing about a player or club but that also happens because our club is full of leakers who are constantly passing information to Marca and Chiringuito..
    I wont say their entire content in trustworthy since they do mix a lot of bs information with credible content in order to extend the show.
    depending on who is talking I’ll listen.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Isco called Pedrerol a leech, living off the lives of football players. We're talking about a show that slandered Bale for months, called him a "former football player" then Arbeloa visits the show and says "Bale is one of the best players I've ever met" and the whole studio rolls around to please Sir Arbeloa with extremes about Bale's acceleration, shot and his class.

It's a show for morons.

10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1169205721654841346 is not a valid tweet id

Nathanial Essex repped this.
  11. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    So you dont like Pedredol because he dislikes Bale and called Isco fat..and then Isco posts a bathroom selfie..
    Ok I get it.
    That show is like people here posting stuff but instead do it on live TV. I think we have all shared this view here before.
    Just like an internet forum you have your good and bad posters the show is the same way..

12. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Pedrerol is a clown with no clear stance. He changes his tune so often and I am not talking about his transfer stories.

Shay Z and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So why should we listen to them? :ROFLMAO:

As and Marca aren't the peak of journalistic integrity but my word they are ages ahead of the jugones crowd. People make fun of this show on twitter like they do "im a star, get me out of here" or what it's called

14. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    You know guys from COpe, AS and Marca join his show as well as ex Real Madrid players..
    The guy I listen to most is JLS Who has insider info and also get the perspective from some of the ex players..
    They now have Pogba’s brother sharing things about his brother.
    You don’t have to like it .. I am not here to convince you.

Also your mother tongue is not Spanish so it will be very difficult for you to follow this.. i would’t give 2 mins of attention if this was in French for example.

15. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Like for example?
    He always said the club was not paying a crazy amount of money for Pogba for example, which I also heard from another credible source on their US visit and that turned out to be true. Meanwhile some people speculated all along that Pogba would be joining our club in the summer.
    He also said James was staying and that turned out to be true.

16. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    So we haven't really got it right since 2015. The 2018 window was an absolute disaster considering the money spent.

17. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    This is silly.

That's like someone saying your "mother tongue" isn't English which is why you say rubbish.

18. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I said it would be difficult to follow therefore your perception is limited.
    If they have a show like this in France I am sure that a native french speaker would have a much better perspective of what goes on in that show than I would..

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The people the make the most fun of the show and similar shows like this are the people in Madrid. The fact that you think it's the other way around is quite funny.

You speak to one of the more accessible people around the club (Real Madrid TV hosts, RM Baloncesto people) and you quickly find out that they consider these people clowns.

You built this entire argument around language when the people that have spoken to me the worst about people like Pedrerol are guys I work with in sports that barely speak any other language than Spanish. We have three people from Spain in the group, excluding the South Americans and nobody takes the tic tac tic tac stuff serious.

20. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Yeah sure lets ask RM basketball people about football .. they must know for sure haha..
    Who is Real Madrid TV - names? Do they have an outlet for fans to follow their reporting?

21. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    4x4s already mentioned how they changed their tunes when Arbeloa came to the show supporting Bale. He has previously supported Bale talking about his important goals and said anti-Flo faction of media target Bale to get at the president indirectly. Few weeks later, goes on a rant against Bale about him playing golf and supposedly not learning Spanish. He's just a troll who wants drama for his show's ratings.

He has no proper stands and only agendas. Recently he attacked Zidane for Navas leaving. Everyone knows Flo never rated Navas and tried to replace him with DDG, Kepa and finally Courtois. Yet this guy attacks ZZ because he's close to Flo and can't tell the truth. I love Flo too, but Pedrerol looks for scapegoats within the club and bashes them mercilessly while protecting Flo.

https://futbolcentroamerica.com/not...en-defensa-de-Keylor-Navas-20190829-0003.html

22. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It's a soccer talk show. ..I mean, the stuff they talk about and the way they do it is normal to me. Stir drama.

I still enjoy it

robnycus and 4x4s repped this.
  23. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Do you honestly think you know better than Pablo Laso for example? Cringe worthy stuff.
    You're talking about people affiliated with the club longer than you've been watching it. Embarrassing.
    I was on Real Madrid TV two years ago, its pretty easy to just go up to the hosts and chat them up.

Shay Z repped this.
  24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's sensationalism for the sake of viewership. It has its place but they don't really have much of an insight other than talking to the same folks that write the marca/as Fan fiction articles.

It's supposed to be entertainment, not a serious exchange of opinions and information. You've got guys wanting to punch each other on TV ffs. :D

Shay Z and J-Mezzy repped this.
  25. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    So him being close to Flo, as you just admitted, is a good enough reason to pay attention to what he says.
    That right there already gives you an indication that Flo and ZZ are not always in thesame page.
    We also here have praised Bale when he does good and criticized his golf outings.. I dont Really see what is wrong with someone on TV doing the same.
    I listen to him and I know his stand on Bale and its not flip flop to me.
    I am not sure why is he any different than anyone here and needs to behave different where you always need to stand behind a player no matter what. That is what fanboys do.