Madrid Wasn't Built In a Day - The Interim Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Nathanial Essex, Sep 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

How would you rate our summer transfer?

1. Could not have been better. It was bloody amazing mate

4 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. I'm chuffed

14 vote(s)
    23.7%
  3. Cudda and Shudda Done Better

28 vote(s)
    47.5%
  4. Not too confident at all guv'nor

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. Perez and Zidane are both bellends

6 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's only logical. Cutting wages and then spending hundreds of millions on new players is like throwing a stink bomb in the locker room. All this chatter about transfers is for papers to create talking points at a time where there is no sport to report on.

Deep Pal, Baltor, J-Mezzy and 1 other person repped this.
  2. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Whether we sign or not will also depend on how our rivals do. If both Atleti and Barcelona reinforce their squads then we will have to do the same. That doesn't mean we need super signings that cost 100M+, we can reinforce the squad with less than that.

Anon. repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I doubt that. We haven't made a panic or response transfer in years. Can't really remember the last one to be honest.

Deep Pal repped this.
  4. ImadEdd

ImadEdd Member+

Real Madrid
    Morocco
    Feb 17, 2019
    Barcelona and Atleti used the government help. They won't be able to spend as they like without increased scrutiny. Plus Barcelona is asking the players for more salary cuts now.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In any case, we still have to finish the season before we can sign or do anything with anybody, and with the competence level of la Liga, let's hope for the best.

Deep Pal repped this.
  6. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    I believe we rushed to sign Eden a year early for 100 ME a bit in response to Barcelona having spent 270 ME on attacking players in recent years (and strongly rumored to sign Griezmann for 100+ ME that summer) when we had not bought an expensive attacking player since James in 2014.

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I doubt that, for two reasons:

First one being that we tried to sign him before that, and Zidane is on record saying he'd "take him with his eyes closed" back around the time Zidane wasn't even coaching yet.

Second being that we have adopted this weird mentality where i feel that even if he'd go out of contract we'd go and pay some fee to keep things buddy buddy with everybody.

Deep Pal, Shay Z, YOUNGSTARS87 and 2 others repped this.
  8. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Plus I think him coming is probably a promise we made to Zidane to get him to come back.

Deep Pal and 4x4s repped this.
  9. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Sancho is probably the ideal backup plan for us if Mbappe becomes unattainable. Thus, the best-case scenario for us is he stays in Dortmund for another year and we get one of them to the Bernabeu in summer 2021

Lyra repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I wonder if Florentino will continue this "goodwill" after this Covid climate...

Hope not

Deep Pal and Eddie repped this.
  11. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think we've panic bought anyone since Pablo Garcia back in the day, but we probably have players we target for transfers in the next couple of years. If Barca get Lautaro and other reinforcements, i just don't see us not responding to that, especially if we lose La Liga this year.

Deep Pal, Prit Javier and Anon. repped this.
  12. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1268300375171444741 is not a valid tweet id

Pablo Sarabia: “Mbappe is improving his Spanish. Sometimes he responds to me in Spanish. He likes the city of Madrid”

Deep Pal, Lyra and Prit Javier repped this.
  13. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Whose granny is Bartomeu gonna sell to raise funds for purchases? The guy just spent 300 mios on busts just before the market crashed.

and I don’t think we can upgrade any position without spending big. There is no point in making mediocre signings when we already have good players in most positions. Might as well either spend big or just go in to the new season with loanees returning to freshen up the squad.

Deep Pal, Anon., Prit Javier and 3 others repped this.
  14. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's trying to offload some players to fund the Lautaro signing. Dembele is one of them, Coutinho another. Rumors that Sergi Roberto is wanted by City.

15. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Those players are getting loaned and even if they happened to be purchased it would be for nothing in this climate.

They had to get a bank loan to afford Griezmann last summer. It is literally impossible they spend another huge amount like that this summer after the losses they have undertaken and the monies they already owe.

Deep Pal repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They are basically offloading the wages. Also as long as Barca is under the ERTE protocol, they are only allowed to make transfers if the state agrees with it. I think that's also happening with the talk of the wage cuts at Barca: it could be that the club is asking the players to take a wage cut, then hop off ERTE, and transition into a direct agreement between players and club to give them more financial flexibility.

17. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  18. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Vinicius at every position for the win

Deep Pal, Lyra, Anders2555 and 6 others repped this.
  19. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Lautaro deal is like 70m + players, they don't have anymore money

20. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It makes no sense i agree, but they've done stupid stuff before and i don't think the current climate is gonna stop them. If the rumors are true that they want him badly then they will most likely swap a couple of players on top of the money they pay for Lautaro.

Anon. repped this.
  21. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3971 MiamiNative0722, Jun 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2020

I hope these reports of our interest in him are true

Deep Pal, Lyra, madridista_hr and 2 others repped this.
  22. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    That 80M offer was probably before the panademic, I bet Leverkuson are regretting not taking it. But he's a hell of a player, we'd do well to get him. Still have to clear some room for him.

Deep Pal, madridista_hr, Ahmadi8 and 3 others repped this.
  23. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Exactly and thats not till 2022.

24. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1268781975634161665 is not a valid tweet id

25. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Camavinga looks like the real deal, hopefully we sign him and it all works out.