Madrid rumors

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by halamadrid07, Jul 4, 2003.

1. halamadrid07

halamadrid07 Member

Arsenal, Real Madrid, Juventus
    France
    Jun 14, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ronaldinho to Madrid in 2004?

If reports are to be taken seriously than Lil Ron will be heading to the Bernabeu in 2004. The Spanish press (AS sports) is stating that Real have struck a deal for 35 million euros to acquire Ronaldinho in the summer. Man U offered 25 million euros. Also it has been said that Real have already paid a 12 million euro down payment. The plan is to bring Ronaldinho in to replace Luis Figo. This is a plan I can live with, but how much longer can Perez and Valdano ignore the big gap in central defence? I know Lil Ron will be a blessing (as if needed) but we need to take care of the important issues that the club face NOW. Hala Madrid!

2. halamadrid07

halamadrid07 Member

France
    Jun 14, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Portillo se queda, Morientes se va

Well since no one is posting, i'll just make this my transfer page. To Nobody's surprise Madrid are trying to secure a life long contract with Portillo. Quieroz really believes in him as well as a whole barrage of madristas. On the other side of the fence, Morientes isn't gone, but the team is holding talks towards parting ways with him. There just isn't enough space in the squad as they're trying to slim down to 23 players. Keep you/me posted. Hala Madrid!

3. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    Re: Ronaldinho to Madrid in 2004?

Look out for Chelsea in a deal for Ronaldinho. The Russian billionaire who recently bought the club is intent on bringing in a couple of big names, and I would not be surprised if Ronnie becomes the No. 1 target.

4. pololo

pololo Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Sweden/Stockholm
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Real Madrid aren't they going to buy Rafael Marquez?
    To replace Fernando Hierro,Marquez got the same style as Hierro.

5. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Looks like he'll be going to Barcelona - LINK

6. François

François New Member

Mar 10, 2003
    Montreal, Canada

I had seen rumours that Mexes from Auxerre if he can sort out his contract problems at Auxerre could be switching to Real in central defense...It seems that Ronaldinho doesn't want to stay in Paris for another season...And how would Figo feel to know that they are planning his exit for next season by signing little Ron...

7. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Re: Re: Ronaldinho to Madrid in 2004?

Chelsea also went after Nesta. May be Perez decided to complete against the Russian and sign both Ronaldinho and nesta.

8. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Looks like $24 Million dollars, and to think Gremio didnt get 1 penny for his transfer to PSG. Even as a Gremio hater I find that a bitter pill to swallow. Do you know what $24 million dollars would do for a Brazilian club?

9. Merengue

Merengue New Member

Nov 4, 1999
    San Diego
    God forbid that Ronaldinho ever comes to Real Madrid! He's a selfish player who has never been a good club player. He'll do well for Brasil but not his own club.

Florentino and Valdano, how about trying to fill one of the club's needs and buying a central defender instead of another attacker!

I'm wondering where Morientes will end up? He's been a solid, reliable player for Real Madrid and I'll miss him.

10. TravisMinor_23

TravisMinor_23 New Member

Oct 16, 2001
    United States
    First off, your comment is right on, few people see through Ronaldinho, he is a very gifted athlete, but at PSG his understanding of the team aspect of the game has almost been regressing. His performances at the Confederation Cup were indifferent to say the least, Adriano looked more dangerous. There is a reason Man Utd stopped bidding, they have the money, but are perfectly happy to let Real continue to empty their pockets for more midfield help. Ronaldinho isn't worth this money, he isn't yet in the class of Zidane, Figo, or even Beckham. His accomplishments have come in a largely inferior league and other then a couple of his WC performances the majority of his international appearances haven't quite been impressive. This would be a HUGE mistake for Real IMO.
    As to the defender, Valdano and Perez appear to have lost their minds and decided to play fantasy soccer, a little to much CM me thinks. With the money they will waste on Ronaldinho they could easily secure Gallas and Marquez to strengthen the backline. By the by, if Helguera stays at his more effective DM roll who plays CB? Pavon and Cesar? Lunacy I tell yet. Anyone who thinks Mexes is on his way is grasping for straws, his release is still probably months away (if he even gets it) and several EPL teams have had their eyes on him for years now.

11. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    hm07 you want a rumors thread? ok!

12. halamadrid07

halamadrid07 Member

France
    Jun 14, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Gracias, como siempre.

13. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    and now stickied!

14. halamadrid07

halamadrid07 Member

France
    Jun 14, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Geremi?

So what's the deal with Geremi? Is he part of th squad or what? He was on loan and now he's back, but will Perez and Valdano keep him? I just read on planetfootball that Chelsea is interested. I say we keep him but of course I ain't running the show in Madrid.

15. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Chelski offers 16 million, hard to resist!

16. halamadrid07

halamadrid07 Member

France
    Jun 14, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Geremi

Yeah I know. I wish they would keep him but it seems as if Chelsea are gonna revolutionize their team. That's too much to refuse, especially since they asked 'Boro for 9 million euros. It's amazing what a new billionaire owner can do for you. I now heard that they're going after Vieri. Oh well, Hala madrid!

17. halamadrid07

halamadrid07 Member

France
    Jun 14, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Geremi II

Well it's official now. Chelsea and Real have agreed a price of 10 million euros for Geremi. The player in Cameroon, has also given the thumbs up to the move. Oh well, que sera, sera. hala madrid!

18. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    El Real Madrid va a cerrar esta mañana el traspaso de Geremi al Chelsea por unos 10 millones de euros. Se trata de una operación redonda que viene a confirmar el plan que tiene el club para financiar los 25 millones de euros que costó el fichaje de David Beckham.

Este plan engloba a cinco jugadores y dos ya están vendidos. El primero fue Valdo, que se traspasó a Osasuna por unos 1,8 millones de euros. Hoy se cierra el de Geremi, jugador que se vende por el doble de lo que costó y que supone el triple de lo que se ha pagado por Milito. Durante todo el día de ayer, Jorge Valdano y los servicios jurídicos del club blanco estuvieron cruzándose faxes con los dirigentes del Chelsea. Por la mañana el club inglés que preside el multimillonario Roman Abramovich presentó una oferta de 9 millones. El Madrid se negó. A última hora de la tarde la subió hasta los 10 millones. El Madrid aceptó y ambas partes empezaron a negociar los plazos de pago por el jugador camerunés. El Real Madrid exigió unos avales que garantizaran esos pagos, motivo por lo que no se firmó la venta ayer. Pero fuentes del club madridista aseguraron que se va a concretar hoy.

Próximas ventas
    Los próximos en salir van a ser Fernando Morientes, Esteban Cambiasso y Tote. El Real Madrid tiene por estos tres jugadores oferta que considera interesantes y que podrían cerrarse en el transcurso de la semana. De producirse vendrían a confirmar que por cinco jugadores el club ha comprado un crack como David Beckham.

El otro gran negocio que espera conseguir Jorge Valdano y su equipo es el traspaso de Morientes. Hasta la fecha es el Olympique de Lyon el que mejor oferta ha presentado por el ‘9’ blanco. 12 millones de euros es la cantidad que ofrece. Por Cambiasso el Real Madrid está pidiendo 2,5 millones y el Kaiserlautern está dispuesto a pagarlos. Y por Tote, el Betis llega a pagar 1,2 millones.

19. Lallou

Lallou New Member

Apr 18, 2003
    Here
    You know Mario, it would be very nice of you to give the basic idea of this article for those non-spanish speaking fans (MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE) :D

Cheers :)

20. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Basicly is about the players RM wont use next season and how to get rid of them, Jorge Valdano is awaiting the right offer for Morientes, the best offers is from Olimpique Lyon, 12 million euros, RM ask 2.5 million for Cambiasso and Kaiserlautern is willing to pay it, Tote has been tracked by Betis who's offering 1,2 million.

21. halamadrid07

halamadrid07 Member

France
    Jun 14, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Conceicao on the move as well

Ever since Middlesbrough failed to acquire Geremi they have now focused their interest towards Conceicao. Real agree with the transfer and are placing a 10milloin euro pricetag. A little extra cash and perhaps he can do better in 'Boro.

22. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Queiroz doesnt count on Conceicao? geez who's going to be in the bench!? just the youth squad!?

23. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Re: Conceicao on the move as well

Interesting, But if Real Madrid sell Flavio. Cambiasso would have to stay in the team or Makelele would be alone as defensive midfielder. Or Helguera would have to return to the middle.

Anyway, if someone pay 10M for Flavio i would sell him without wait any second.

24. halamadrid07

halamadrid07 Member

France
    Jun 14, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Hurry up already

Another off topic by me. I'm so sick of hearing Lil Ron talks. I just read that even if Man U get him there's still the possibility of RM getting him from Old Trafford. At first I was excited by all the speculation, now I don't care whether he stays or leaves PSG. I just want the talks to cease. Enough is enough.

25. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    im sick of that soap opera too! I dont even want him in Can Barca!