Made in Japan/Exclusive to Japan thread [1] - all info, pics, questions here plz

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by john_mizuno8, Jun 5, 2012.

1. john_mizuno8

john_mizuno8 Member

Olympiakos
    Greece
    Mar 16, 2012
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    if we make a list of what everyone's wants from japan he will need a truck there to bring them back :p

2. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    a truck? nah......he needs to charter a 20-foot container!

3. Footballer-7

Footballer-7 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    How long does the make@dosoccer.com email take to reply? (It's Lee isn't it..?)
    I emailed mgonnokami@rakuten and he replied within a day, is it just because DoSoccer are busy around Xmas?
    Regards!

4. kiongsm

kiongsm Member+

Nov 25, 2004
    Malaysia
    dosoccer has suspended international shipping until 31-12-12

wait for their website announcements

Footballer-7 and Bolivianfuego repped this.
  5. Footballer-7

Footballer-7 Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Australia
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Ah ok, thanks!

6. john_mizuno8

john_mizuno8 Member

Olympiakos
    Greece
    Mar 16, 2012
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
  7. snowman3000

snowman3000 Member

Mar 11, 2007
    How do the Puma Para Mexico fit? I'm 29cm for Morelias, and the biggest Para Mexico size is 28.5cm. Is it gonna be too small?

8. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I am debating on snagging some adiPower in the HG/conical stud outsole. I loved the adiPower, but I am avoiding bladed outsole post ACL tear....I am curious though how much the different outsole will change the feeling of the shoe. I loved the stiff/flex in the Powerspine SprintFrame and the adidas Japan HG outsole doesn't have that.

Any input on how the Japan HG outsole performs in terms of flex and so on?

9. soulstar89

soulstar89 Member

Apr 8, 2008
    LONDON England
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

the outsole on the adidas adipower is from the x-top (which i have). in comparison to say the morelia the outsole has a little less flex. In the morelia the flex comes from the midfoot where the x-top is more rigid in the midfoot and has more flex in forefoot. its a very very supportive/stable outsole. i was actually going to get the adipower japan hg but they didnt have my size.

folding the morelia in two is very is where you can fold them but you need to use a little force.

as you know a fit of a shoe is essential and i feel that these are more responsive than the morelia outsole. this could also be due to the much smaller conical studs.

i high recommend the outsole for hg/ag/fg forget using them on muddy pitches. i only use them on AG and they are best outsole ive use for surface. i get NO joint soreness after but thats probably my perfect genes lol.

Dr. Boots repped this.
  10. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Thanks for the heads up. I am going to look into the adiPower HG Japan and the X-Top for 2013.

11. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    quite curious where you found a working link for the adiPowers in HG outsole cause most sites that i've seen it on all have it as sold out.

Also, it seems more like a take down version, with its lack of an external heel counter and the powerspine in it. I saw a few other boots with the Adidas Japan HG outsole and it was more for the AdiNova's 11pro and not the Adipures 11pro.

For example this is their Hg sole for the adipures

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/futabaharajyuku/u41697/

And their Hg soles for the Adiquestras

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/futabaharajyuku/v21759/

I could be wrong though, just an observation i noticed.

12. noob-bob

noob-bob Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Club:
    IF Brommapojkarna
  13. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The modified outsole requires the lack of the SprintFrame outsole, which is a bummer but not a deal breaker for me. I would rather have the same fit, and upper with conical studs then the retial model with the heel counter and blades. Not that I had a bad time of it with blades in the past, but now with a new ACL, I figure there is no reason to heighten the risk.

The X-Top/adiPower HG outsole is widely respected in Japan. If anything the over saturation of crap outsole options on the American market can make the Japanese market look like it is limited or "cheap" when in reality they offer only what works - by and large, at least with their Japan only boots - and they offer it on a range of products.

The Para Mexico for example has the same outsole that Puma used in the 70's and 80's on their boots, which would most likely be scoffed at by American buyers, when in actuality it is the best outsole Puma has ever created. Maradona still had his Puma Kings outfitted with it when he was coaching in WC 2010.

PS....it seems that the adiPower is out of stock on my book marked links. I will have to search a bit more on the Japanese market for them. I still have some X-Top boots that share the outsole and seem to come in my size on other links I have in a folder.

14. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Dr Boots:

I'm not commenting on the HG outsole itself. My point was that they seem to only fit it on the take-down versions and not the top-grade versions. I do realise the PDS site lists the HG outsoles as being the top-grade Adipowers. However, the links i posted above show that the Adipure 11pros use the typical European HG Outsoles, while they do fit it on the Adiquestras and other take-down models. Like I said it was just a minor observation i noticed.

I'm not taking a shot at the HG outsole (Japan) simply because I was lucky enough to try out the PathiqueX take-down version and well.. I can see why soulstar89 raves about it so much in this thread ahaha. My friend had his pair for around 2 years playing on turf and there was barely any damage. Only thing holding me back from bursting money on them is just its price sadly.

15. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The Japan specific HG boots also have it on the top of the range Japan specific models, at least from the last cycle of boots like the adiPure IV and the adiPower. The current range -LZ/11Pro in HG seems to be the standard adidas outsole for HG with the triangle studs. adidas probably put a stop to having Japanese production be so varied vs. global production for profit purposes and standardization.

I would imagine the X-Top will keep the outsole as the only Japan specific top of the range boot due to consumer demand, if they cut that shoe off the line up there would be a revolt on adidas products on Japan, IMO.

I have found one adiPower HG from Japan left in my size and I am thinking of pulling the trigger, but at the same time I might just get the LZ in AG from the UK. I like both boots in different but equal measure and the LZ AG would cost me much less, there is also one pair of HG adiPowers on eBay for a lot less than Japan but they are the blue release color and I would prefer either a white colorway or the black/orange in the HG adiPower.

I am going to grab some X-Tops once I am back to playing; I really want to see what the hype is all about.

16. Mercurial4991

Mercurial4991 Member

Aug 12, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wish there was a pair of those adiPowers in a size US 9. :(

17. jayc23

jayc23 Member+

Dec 2, 2011
    Singapore
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    me too man, been searching around rakuten with no luck.

18. kats26

kats26 Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Can someone please tell me if there are any upgrades from the Nike Tiempo Super Ligera 2's to the Super Ligera 3's?
    I was wondering if there were any differences or whether I should be content just to go for the number ligera number 2's?
    Would seriously appreciate a response :)

19. Zizou15

Zizou15 Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'd say get the adiPower! This may be your only chance. You can get the LZ AG anytime, even though it's not that easy in the US. It is strange really, as there seems to be a lot of AG pitches there. Either way, I hope you recover fast from your injury and get back to playing/reviewing boots soon!

Dr. Boots repped this.
  20. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Thanks, mate. I had a second surgery to remove the anchor from my meniscus about three weeks ago. The difference in how the knee feels now vs. the pain/irritation from the anchor is 180 degrees. At this point it is quad strength work, and then football specific work with progression to cutting around March/April. I think I could realistically start new reviews in April. I would like to start getting involved in matches over the summer with a full return in the fall.

I am going to look at the total cost of the HG adiPower vs. some other more relevant boots in terms of review usage because at this point, I am coming out of pocket for everything I review. Also I am going to look at the boots vs. some others that I just want for my collection or for use - for example I am always on the look out for the 25th Anniversary Copa and any of the white or silver Profi re-releases that pop up, and I want a blackout Mania just to own it.

I really want the HG adiPower, but at the end of the day there are other boots that I will need to review vs. those that are going to be more current. In terms of just personally having them, I want them, but there are a lot of other boots that I could spend money on that I want more for various reasons.

Zizou15 repped this.
  21. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Ah yes! The 25th ann. of the copas.... those were such 'delicious' boots. lol

22. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I might have a line on a pair BNIB, in my size for way under retail/resale prices. Fingers are CROSSED! I don't know if I could even play in them, just b/c I adore the whole package too much, but I refuse to buy them in anything but my size.

23. Dr. Boots

Dr. Boots Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 15, 2002
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I haven't seen the 3, but I would guess it is mostly aesthetics in terms of differences or "upgrades". Nike might try to add the ACC to them - which is a major gimmick and it might even compromise the leather - but beyond that, I would doubt anything is "new".

The SL is a pretty well regarded boot, and most rate it to be way better than the Legend...unless you get the Legend from Japan that is more or less the SL - it uses the same outsole and rough texture toe guard.

24. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    HA! I know what you mean. I was going to get a pair when they were being sold retail. But I was broke at the time lol. If only they were being released now... I'd have them up as decoration in my man cave.

25. kats26

kats26 Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Hi & thanks Dr. Boots. After much research (extremely hard to gather I might add) on the Super Ligera 3 (SL3) I'd like to share a bit with the community, so at least this way everyone will be able to benefit.

The differences between the SL2 & SL3 are quite minor.
    1. The upper material is retained and there is an extremely slight alteration of the stitching pattern. (very insignificant)
    2. Apparently some friction issue with the heel is fixed
    3. Make what you will from this: "An upper material changes, a pattern is changed and a weight saving is realized."
    4. Apparently, the heel part has been strengthened.
    5. Simple change in the design of the shoe tongue
    6. A grippier innersole. (is removable)
    7. Nike "swoosh" applied via hot-pressing method rather than sewn on

So there you have it, very minor changes indeed. I must say though the design looks somewhat sleeker on the SL3 and the transition into the synthetic midfoot is much smoother.
    Glad to have contributed around here after the support I've received :)
    PS: Some pictures of the new boot (http://www.sskamo.co.jp/s/g/gF555303-107/)

gwood88 and Mercurial4991 repped this.