Mac users, need help with Boot Camp

Discussion in 'Technology' started by FijiUnited, Sep 5, 2007.

1. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm running OSX 10.4.10 and every time I try and open Install Boot Camp Assistant.mpkg, I am told that the destination folder Boot Camp Assistant is on a locked volume and to try another one, then prompting me to pick a folder to open. When I do, it gives me Error #17530 - it specified a file and I gave it a folder (even though its the one that asked me for a folder. If my computer was a person right now, I'd beat the [​IMG] out of it). I am at a complete loss. What should I do?

2. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, I love my Mac, but you're over my head. I have been toying with the idea of using Boot Camp or Parallels because there are a few games I would like to play that are Windows-only, but the whole reason I switched to Mac was to get AWAY from Windows. I just can't bring myself to soil my beautiful machine with the filth that is a Windows operating system.

Anyway, post your question here, you'll probably get help right away:

http://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa

3. FijiUnited

FijiUnited Member+

Feb 21, 2007
    Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately, I need Windows right now. My university's online content is not Mac-compatible. I ********ing hate Microsoft and all of their predatory bullshit. If I ever see Bill Gates on the street, I will take his wallet.