Lynden Gooch

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by John McGuirk, Aug 21, 2016.

1. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So would 100 other Americans.

I want this to be his last season in League One regardless of what Sunderland does.

2. The Irish Rover

The Irish Rover Member+

Aug 1, 2010
    Dublin
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Give it a rest.

Me too

3. grandinquisitor28

Feb 11, 2002
    Nevada
    I find this incredibly amusing. The total refusal to even countenance the idea of giving him a chance while we perpetually roll out the same tired hacks who lost to a T&T youth club team in 2017 with a World Cup Ticket on the line, nearly lost to freaking Curacao in 2019, and got played off the field in supposed tune ups against Venezuela, and Jamaica, before the coup de grace, the worst performance against Canada in at least 35-40 years is just patently absurd. But no, god forbid we call in a guy whose club has gotten demoted in consecutive years while he's been one of the few bright spots.

It's just such a hysterically comic take, dressed up to represent common sense and failing utterly to do so, that I can't help but laugh. We're too good for Gooch, really? Llanez just made the scrubs Berhalter wasted an entire years worth of call ups on look hopelessly inferior in less than 5 minutes yesterday (something many of us were saying would happen the second Berhalter surgically removed his head from his rear and actually called llanez up for the past 8 months) after having played just a couple of months in a Germany U19 league (lost some time to injury).

So maybe we should stop pretending the guys playing in the MLS that Berhalter is so bloody insistent on calling up for every international are superior, because they sure as ---- aren't. Not even close.