Luis Sinisterra - news and comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Baal88, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Goal by Mr. Sinister

1451252143021858816 is not a valid tweet id

HomietheClown repped this.
  2. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Would be kind of sick to see a Muriel/Sinisterra/Diaz attack at some point, they're all quick all direct all can create chances, imagine a counter attacking unit like that against Brazil and Argentina. Also could play those guys in games against teams sitting deep if we stopped just crossing. We need Sinisterra to play the guy is too good to not be using him.

3. Who's supposed to be better than Sinisterra? Feyenoord needs to sign him asap:D

4. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The comments you read from Colombian fans about Sinisterra are often embarrassing because he hasn't scored yet.

He is so talented, he needs to be playing - the key question is just how comfortable he feels playing on his natural right foot and getting used to it. He is so comfortable playing inverted on the left but he isn't going to dislodge Lucho. Need to figure out a system that leverages both.

5. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sinisterra handled very bad a counter attack against brasil...maybe chossing better we had scored.........in part i think that was the impresion that fans had about his perfromance...and maybe the "punishmet" of rueda was not playing agaisnt ecuador

6. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The pass he over weighted to Borre? Yeah, he is probably going to have to get used to playing on the other side, but it's been such a limited sample...the comments online are extreme.

7. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Fans are generally rash and don't see the whole picture, the manager on the other hand should, some of Rueda's decisions look like that of a fan rather then a manager.

pepinointer repped this.
  8. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  9. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Que si, que no! Que...

villus, Froboy69 and pepinointer repped this.
  10. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Furnaccio repped this.
  11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Mourinho coach of the week

J-Mezzy repped this.
  12. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well, he made Bodo Glimt famous.

13. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Feyenoord win again and full match for Sini.

I believe (per Google) this is Dutch press speculating that Luis is building towards becoming Feyenoord's record sale.

Furnaccio and sidspaceman repped this.
  14. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  15. Yeah, they like to speculate alot. Luis has been on fire lately, but that doesnot mean the transferprice is going to rocket.
    That only happens when you play in the CL and impress there.

16. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    My prediction is that Sini will get chased by big clubs, will probably get a big move and that's when Rueda will start to play him because its obvious how good he is. Or maybe he'll just play Chara.

17. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Newcastle is going to be linked to everyone... But it's nice that Sini is becoming an IT guy that teams are going to be vying for.

I'd love him at BvB... But don't they'd spend that kind of change... Think he's better than the dutch guy they signed this summer though and would have been a better replacement for Sancho...

18. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I like Malen but he's started pretty slow at Dortmund, last season though was tearing it up at PSV, I think he'll come good eventually. Sini going to Dortmund would be great and If he did I'd imagine Malen slides into Haaland's position when he leaves and they both play hypothetically. Also if he's being linked to Dortmund that's a really good idea that this guy is a real talent and is still flying under the radar of where he should be *cough, cough Rueda pay attention.

feyenoordsoccerfan repped this.
  19. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He hasn't been linked to BvB to be clear that's just my wish as a fan! I personally think Malen has been adapting very poorly and Sini is a more skilled player... If they sell Haaland, Dortmund would be richer than Scrooge McDuck and I'd think they would make sure to buy a killer 9 - they have been linked with Ricardo Pepi and that could work (though who knows if Pepi can possibly keep his recent form).

20. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sini was a bit more quiet but very effective when on the ball today for Feyenoord - he should have had two assists where he left teammates 1 on 1 w the keeper only to see them miss.

Luckily, Feyenoord pulled out the win in stoppage time to stay four points off of Ajax with a game in hand.

21. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    lvbeto repped this.
  22. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    This guy should be in every call up given his current form and long term potential. This situation is insane.

I saw on Twitter the Dutch sports press thinks it's news that we dropped him. Crazy.

Good for him that he immediately responds with a goal.

Azucarero, villus and Furnaccio repped this.
  23. The Dutch press loves him, so him not being part of the NT selection is weird to them.

24. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It’s weird to anyone with common sense LOL

kromekote, Azucarero and villus repped this.